Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 02:44 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why, are you eager to give the rich a tax break? By the way you will not be getting any break, but you will be getting a nice Bill, along with your children and their children.............
Oh, I will be getting a cut. There will be cuts for the overwhelming majority of taxpayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 02:52 PM

3,569 posts, read 2,520,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I read the Senate Budget Resolution, so I know what it is .... and isn't. They voted on 100's of Amendments (from both Democrats and Republicans) - are you aware that the Democrats just handed a piece of paper over for their proposed Amendments and didn't even show up to vote?

I know that the Budget Resolution is NOT A BILL - Spending Bills will have to be voted on AFTER they are written. It is a framework - within that framework is the Budget Proposals from the various Departments - like HHS and their Medicare & Medicaid proposals. I read what they propose to "cut" and what they propose to "not increase".

"Not increase" does not translate to "cut" -- it means "not increase". I pay ZERO attention to hyperbole about "Trillions here, and Trillions there" and SCARE,SCARE,SCARE.

Do YOU know exactly what the Big Cut to Medicare is in the HHS Budget Proposal?

I do know, do you?
A budget resolution does not tell us exactly where the proposed cuts come from. The budget resolution is aggregated to different categories. The political explanation (aka the Committee Print) points to block-granting Medicaid at significantly reduced levels, repealing the ACA, and for Medicare: "authorizing committees to recommend legislative solutions extending Medicare’s solvency in the near term, while pursuing policies that place the program on a sustainable long-term path." In other words: "we want to cut, but we don't know how or where."

Old 10-26-2017, 03:11 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
I read the Senate Budget Resolution, so I know what it is .... and isn't. They voted on 100's of Amendments (from both Democrats and Republicans) - are you aware that the Democrats just handed a piece of paper over for their proposed Amendments and didn't even show up to vote?

I know that the Budget Resolution is NOT A BILL - Spending Bills will have to be voted on AFTER they are written. It is a framework - within that framework is the Budget Proposals from the various Departments - like HHS and their Medicare & Medicaid proposals. I read what they propose to "cut" and what they propose to "not increase".

"Not increase" does not translate to "cut" -- it means "not increase". I pay ZERO attention to hyperbole about "Trillions here, and Trillions there" and SCARE,SCARE,SCARE.

Do YOU know exactly what the Big Cut to Medicare is in the HHS Budget Proposal?

I do know, do you?

Hmm, yet the record shows all but three voted NO.... seems to one of us has mixed something up. I would love to know how you think the dems voted without voting.....

Old 10-26-2017, 03:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,635,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Oh, I will be getting a cut. There will be cuts for the overwhelming majority of taxpayers.
You mean cuts like with a knife or emotionally cutting remarks? cause surely you don't really think this is going to apply to you unless you are in the top few percentile...

Keep in mind we have not even seen the full plan yet, but from what they have hinted at and shown us. the real winners will be those who earn a lot more money than posters here earn.

Maybe if you can set up to take advantage of the proposed pass through/corp 25% rate you will be a winner or if you are in line to receive an inheritance of over 11 million... from one of the 5000 estates that pay tax on the monies over the 11 million mark...

but otherwise not so much. Frankly i suggest you review the limited docs so far provided..

Old 10-26-2017, 03:35 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,243 times
Quote:
that's not what most impartial analysis has borne out. Unless your a corporation maybe? They are people too...

Old 10-26-2017, 03:47 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Wrong............

Old 10-26-2017, 05:44 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,412,065 times
Quote:
Keep all that in mind as your Health Insurance Premiums increase and your Deductibles increase, while your choice of Doctors, Hospitals and plans decrease.
You're deflecting from a thread about the Republican attempt at passing a tax cut that would mostly benefit high income earners and be paid for by social spending cuts on retirees, tax increases on the lower and middle classes, and borrowing against our children's and grandchildren's future - by reminding us that the Republicans, in full control of all three branches of the federal government, failed three times to repeal and replace Obamacare?

Tell us, do you now wish that you had thought through your statement before you posted it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies