Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 02:16 PM

5,635 posts, read 5,050,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
He's trying to take away my ability to retire early because he's purposely sabotoging ACA which is driving up monthly health insurance premiums for people that make too much money to be subsidized.

He's preventing some people from starting their own small business because his latest Executive Order on ACA is causing massive increases in monthly insurance premiums for people that self-pay for their own insurance.
"Subsidized" is weasel-talk for using someone else's money to pay for that which you receive. If you want it, you should pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 02:23 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,985,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sorry but I don't buy that. My policy under Obama went up 150% in 4 years. From what I heard it was scheduled to go up another 25% and that EO added another 5% to the 25%.

Democrats / Obama passed a very bad tax law and it's killing us middle class. Even before this next increase I can no longer afford insurance.
My policy also skyrocketed as well. I am lucky my employer picks up my tab but it's went out of control during the Obama era

Old 10-28-2017, 02:26 PM

4,513 posts, read 2,490,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He took away consumers right to sue banks.
You can still sue them individually.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:30 PM

25,591 posts, read 21,772,537 times
Quote:
Trump took away RESPECT for the Presidency and he took away the RESPECT of the United States of America.
That was Obama. Remember, he kept insulting Americans when he was out traveling the world. He wanted to be the world leader. He insulted his own people, or maybe he just never considered us to be his people with his anger over that crap his father dished out. Whatever his problem, I got sick of insults of American people spewing from his mouth.

http://www.heritage.org/europe/repor...ted-superpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Can’t take away what was given away by Obama.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Healthcare, our right to sue banks and corporations, our status and position in the world, our safety, he constantly attacks free press and speech, he's trying to take away voting rights, he's attacking civil rights, he's stealing our money, etc.
Healthcare? He is trying to save our country from becoming bankrupt which was the purpose of ObamaCareNot. I don't enough money to worry about suing banks and corporations. Our status and position in the world? Are you even serious about that? He is restoring our status and position, Obama reduced us to the "doormat and dumping ground" of the world. Attacks the free press? No, he refutes what is said that are untruths. Really, how is he taking away your voting rights? For illegal aliens, that is true, but they are not entitled to vote in the first place.

All you have is your list from CNN. I would do a little more research before posting any bait they or MSM puts on the hook and throws out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I think that was Obama. Trump has re-established our standing.
Exactly. Unlike Obama, who would just rollover and pee on himself in submission to foreign nations, Trump is standing up to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
I don't want to bore you with stats and polls, but I'm quite sure that outside of Russia, President Obama's favor ability rating far exceeds that of cheeto face.
Guess what? Trump is the President of the United States and not vying for the "world leader" like Obama. Believe or not, that is what we want, a President that looks after the interests of OUR country. The other countries are whining because Trump is tightening the purse strings to keep more of that money here.

President Obama is over. Many are very glad to see him gone, and even more are still trying to figure out how he ever got elected, including the morally, mentally and physically incompetent Hillary Clinton.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:33 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,362,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
"Subsidized" is weasel-talk for using someone else's money to pay for that which you receive. If you want it, you should pay for it.
I agree with you. But you should know that the non-subsidized people are getting massive rate increases and these are the people that are impacted by Trump's EU. The subsidized people are still getting free stuff and as their rates raise, the taxpayers simply pay more for those people that still are getting free stuff. In the mean time, the person that pays 100% of their own premium is hugely impacted by Trump's EU.

This is because the insurance companies still must give free stuff to the subsidized people(by law) and to make up for this, the insurance companies are raising rates on self-pay people too. These raised rates are forcing the self-pay people, in effect, to give more free stuff to those that are subdizied. Trump's EU is reaching deep into the pocket's of self-pay people and using that money to to cover the subsized people.

Those that are subsidized are still getting all the free ACA stuff that they got before. Trump's Executive Order didn't take one penny of freebies away from those that are subsidized. Instead, Trump's Executive Order caused the Insurance Companies to raise rates for everyone. Guess what - the subsidized people's higher premiums are remain subsidized and their higher rates just mean that the taxpayers cover the higher premiums(more money out of taxpayer's pockets). But those people that self-pay for their own individual health insurance policies - those people that are NOT subsidized. These are the people that have to pay higher premiums due to Trump's executive order.

So yeah - those folks that pay their own way are the ones that are getting the shaft. Those people that are subsidized simply get the taxpayers to pay higher premiums for them. Who suffers - the hard workers that pay 100% of their own premium because their rates increased.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:34 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,602,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I hear people saying this . Trump is taking away stuff.

What has he taken away so far ?
Just about all of Trump's cabinet are trying to destroy the agencies they were put in charge of.

So Trump is eroding the quality of life for most Americans, and robbing future generations of clean air and water, safe working conditions, a quality public school education. But, hey, the rich will have lots of tax breaks.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:36 PM

30,150 posts, read 20,875,499 times
Quote:
Trump took away RESPECT for the Presidency and he took away the RESPECT of the United States of America.
That was taken away by Bush2 and his lies for two failed wars.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:38 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,419,333 times
Quote:

Absolutely nothing. The fear-mongering worked on me before the election, I admit it. But November 9 came along and the world didn't end. And here, almost a year later, it still hasn't ended. It's sad that Trump's critics don't realize the degree to which they've become the boy who cried wolf.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:46 PM

4,317 posts, read 5,758,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Looks like they are also taking away the 401K, which will rob millions of their retirement.
If that was the case the new retirement system for military that was put into effect under Obama's administration would have been undone and gone back to the original retirement system. The new retirement system for the military is just like a 401K.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:45 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,632,318 times
Quote:

President Trump's budget cuts $9.2 billion or 13.5% of funds for education spending.
President Trump's Budget Proposal Calls For Deep Cuts To Education : NPR Ed : NPR

Trumps budget cuts 9% of funds for disaster-relief programs like FEMA.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ece9b4a8f048

Trumps budget cuts billions of dollars from science, medical research and disease prevention programs.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.4f1b81f48ed1

Trump’s budget cuts $561 million dollars from NASA.
Here's what we'll lose with Trump's proposed NASA budget cuts - Business Insider

Trumps budget cuts 14% of the Coast Guards budget.
https://breakingdefense.com/2017/04/...-fixing-roofs/

Trumps budget cuts EPA funding for Superfund sites, clean air and water programs by 31%.
Trump's budget cuts EPA by 31 percent, follows campaign promise to diminish the agency - ABC News

Trumps budget cuts $100's of billions of dollars from Medicaid and Anti-Poverty Efforts.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/u...dget-cuts.html

Trumps budget cuts $70 billion dollars from disabled workers.
Donald Trump Budget: Who Loses Disability Benefits | Time.com

ex.ex.

In total Trumps budget cuts $3.6 trillion dollars from programs used by poverty stricken and regular Americans.
Trump budget cuts spending by $3.6 trillion over 10 years, with deep cuts to safety net - Chicago Tribune

And Trump literally plans to transfer that funding to billionaires like himself.

Trumps tax cuts increase the after-tax income of the richest 0.1% of Americans by 14.2% (while increasing workers after-tax income by 0.8%.)
https://www.forbes.com/sites/janetno.../#6384f69365b9

Trump plans to abolish the Estate Tax (a tax that only effects the richest 0.2% of Americans) and by Donald Trumps personal estimates of his net worth this act will give Donald Trumps own family an extra $7 billion dollars.
Trump

Trump's infrastructure plan is actually a tax cut and tax payer handout to billionaires in Trumps personal business network.
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...structure-scam

Trumps small business tax cuts are actually for small business networks (small business networks owned by billionaires like Donald Trump.)
Trump's 'small business' tax cut is for rich people like Trump - Business Insider
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...lan/681487001/

ex.ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies