Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 01:32 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,550,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
It was about 10 years ago I heard Pat Buchannan talk. He was addressing unrest with countries.
He had said back then that North Korea was the one that the USA needs to focus on and pay attention to.

He was right back then.
Shocking.

Not really. NK has been a problem for us for a long time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 05:58 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,735,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Not worth it.

The North Koreans always think it’s all-out war; Posturing and blustering about US aggression and their response is business as usual there.
If I was running a country and looked at my southern border being occupied with 35k troops from a foreign country that had a hand in the deaths of 600k of my countries civilians during the Korean War, I'd be wary too. Not saying North Korea was an innocent bystander in the Korean War either.

We left Vietnam and it worked out, we should leave Korea too.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:10 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,980,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If I was running a country and looked at my southern border being occupied with 35k troops from a foreign country that had a hand in the deaths of 600k of my countries civilians during the Korean War, I'd be wary too. Not saying North Korea was an innocent bystander in the Korean War either.

We left Vietnam and it worked out, we should leave Korea too.

Ask some former South Vietnamese how that "worked out"..........

Old 11-28-2017, 09:46 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,492,111 times
Not sure if this story got lost with all the other news or if someone posted it on a different thread. Newsweek updated it yesterday. I am worried about this "axis" forming around North Korea.

Syria and North Korea, two leading opponents of U.S. foreign policy that are also considered sponsors of terrorism by the State Department, have gotten increasingly close as an international axis opposed to Washington and its allies grows more influential across the globe.

Trump Creating a New Cold War? North Korea, Russia, Syria and Cuba Now Working Together Against the U.S.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 15 days ago)

34,461 posts, read 16,559,118 times
We should treat North Korea the way Israel treated Egypt in 1967.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Not sure if this story got lost with all the other news or if someone posted it on a different thread. Newsweek updated it yesterday. I am worried about this "axis" forming around North Korea.

Syria and North Korea, two leading opponents of U.S. foreign policy that are also considered sponsors of terrorism by the State Department, have gotten increasingly close as an international axis opposed to Washington and its allies grows more influential across the globe.

Trump Creating a New Cold War? North Korea, Russia, Syria and Cuba Now Working Together Against the U.S.
They may ally, but to what effect? They won't like us at the UN?

Old 11-28-2017, 09:58 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,719,178 times
Quote:

Bush warned of an Axis of evil years ago. I'm surprised Iran wasn't mentioned in this article as part of that axis. Obama opening up Cuba put us in harm's way 90 miles off our coast. If one of these countries tries to arm Cuba or stage troops their it's all out war and we would be justified in defending ourselves. These situations have been brewing for decades. How this can be blamed on Trump is a fantasy of the left and Bush 43. Trump may have to finish what past President's ignored.

Old 11-28-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Bush warned of an Axis of evil years ago. I'm surprised Iran wasn't mentioned in this article. Obama opening up Cuba put us in harm's way 90 miles off our coast. If one of these countries tries to arm Cuba or stage troops their it's all out war and we would be justified in defending ourselves. These situations have been brewing for decades. How this can be blamed on Trump is a fantasy of the left and Bush 43. Trump may have to finish what past President's ignored.
Iran was mentioned 11/24/17. This is why we need diplomatic talks to continue now.

U.S. Ally Turkey, Working With Russia and Iran, May Begin Talks With Syria

Old 11-28-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Iran was mentioned 11/24/17. This is why we need diplomatic talks to continue now.

U.S. Ally Turkey, Working With Russia and Iran, May Begin Talks With Syria
So we negotiate our surrender to savages?

Old 11-28-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
So we negotiate our surrender to savages?
Do you realize how serious this is? There is no winning here, just degrees of losing. We have been at peace for a long time. It's a delicate thing. Good thing Gen. Mattis understands that. Message board opinions don't matter thank god.

I thought Hillary was the war monger? Geez people, I have vet friends and another friend who's son died in Afghanistan. NOBODY wants this. Thought many of you were onto the military industrial complex anyway. Guess not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies