Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2017, 09:22 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Do you realize how serious this is? There is no winning here, just degrees of losing. We have been at peace for a long time. It's a delicate thing. Good thing Gen. Mattis understands that. Message board opinions don't matter thank god.

I thought Hillary was the war monger? Geez people, I have vet friends and another friend who's son died in Afghanistan. NOBODY wants this. Thought many of you were onto the military industrial complex anyway. Guess not
Appeasement doesn't work. Which is what has been happening for a long time now. Obama was tough with his red line talk and non action that parts of the world that were barely manageable are on fire now. Don't think for a second that China, Russia, Syria, and Iran won't sacrifice North Korea or Cuba to total destruction if it suits their needs. Those two countries are pawns in a game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 09:27 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Appeasement doesn't work. Which is what has been happening for a long time now. Obama was tough with his red line talk and non action that parts of the world that were barely manageable are on fire now. Don't think for a second that China, Russia, Syria, and Iran won't sacrifice North Korea or Cuba to total destruction if it suits their needs. Those two countries are pawns in a game.
Tillerson is saying the opposite. Doesn't matter what we think anyway. OP asked that this thread have serious replies only.

Last edited by motownnative; 11-28-2017 at 09:45 PM..

Old 11-29-2017, 04:57 AM

35,054 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Do you realize how serious this is? There is no winning here, just degrees of losing. We have been at peace for a long time. It's a delicate thing. Good thing Gen. Mattis understands that. Message board opinions don't matter thank god.

I thought Hillary was the war monger? Geez people, I have vet friends and another friend who's son died in Afghanistan. NOBODY wants this. Thought many of you were onto the military industrial complex anyway. Guess not
Yes. I realize how serious this is. Either NK is totally destroyed or NYC is totally destroyed. Which do you pick?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:03 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Ask some former South Vietnamese how that "worked out"..........

It's hard to make a graceful exit from somewhere you never belonged and shouldn't have been in the first place.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Yes. I realize how serious this is. Either NK is totally destroyed or NYC is totally destroyed. Which do you pick?

What makes you think those two occurrences are mutually exclusive?

Old 11-29-2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What makes you think those two occurrences are mutually exclusive?
Think Israel v. Egypt in 1967. We're more advanced and should be able to move faster and harder if the diplomatic set gets out of the way.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Think Israel v. Egypt in 1967. We're more advanced and should be able to move faster and harder if the diplomatic set gets out of the way.
Should? Should's worth absolutely nothing.

The test missile was reportedly launched from a mobile platform. Should we also be able to track where every such platform is in NK?

Sure, we're more advanced and would ultimately prevail, doesn't mean we wouldn't suffer grievously in the process. I just hope the powers that be take the military solution as the absolute last resort and not the preferred one as they all too often seem to do.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Should? Should's worth absolutely nothing.

The test missile was reportedly launched from a mobile platform. Should we also be able to track where every such platform is in NK?

Sure, we're more advanced and would ultimately prevail, doesn't mean we wouldn't suffer grievously in the process. I just hope the powers that be take the military solution as the absolute last resort and not the preferred one as they all too often seem to do.
Negotiations have proven unreliable. They welshed on the 1994 deal after getting lots of money. I don't see any diplomatic option as being likely of compliance.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Negotiations have proven unreliable. They welshed on the 1994 deal after getting lots of money. I don't see any diplomatic option as being likely of compliance.

I don't see a missile launched into the sea as cause for war. We claim we fear an attack by NK but if we attack first we become exactly what we claim need be feared.

Old 11-29-2017, 06:09 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
I don't see a missile launched into the sea as cause for war. We claim we fear an attack by NK but if we attack first we become exactly what we claim need be feared.
Exactly. We test weapons all the time. Is that a cause for someone to attack us. This is just more B.S. from NK, and some are using it as a way to start another damn war, or get all scared. Stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies