Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2017, 03:54 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,746,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And that is relative to the topic at hand because...

?
When teenagers are sexually active, they are more likely to be "victims" of adults, although it is not the premise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 04:33 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,282,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I thought Spacey has been out for a very long time?
Right? I thought everyone knew he was gay.

Old 11-09-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
These parties are a little different than anything us normal folk are used to, the parents allow their underage children to go unsupervised in the hopes their kids will become huge successful movie stars, once they are in the 'lions den', they are groomed and primed as to what they should expect in return for fame.

This is a very deep and dark club of sorts, but its led by extremely powerful and influential people. Its more Bohemian Grove than Hollywood.
Disgusting. I can't imagine allowing my children in such a vile place.

Old 11-09-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Because booze has never made people do dumb things before? If Page would ever address his sleeping with a 14 year old, what do you suppose he would blame it on?
Booze doesn't make you hit on children. Or sleep with them.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm going to take the same stance here that I always take with such accusations that are that stale -- prove it or drop it.

If Spacey did that, shame on him. Reprehensible.

But legally, in general, how does one prove such a claim or defend against such a claim after 31 years.

And why wait 31 years? Why wait after 27 years after becoming an adult. I just don't like Spacey's possible behavior, or, for that matter, the victim's possible behavior.

Even with the Bill Cosby situation, I was only "won over" when there were too many similar accusations to ignore.

I see that "House Of Cards" has been cancelled. Despite liking Spacey as an actor, I just couldn't get into the series. I can understand Netflix's decision.

Spacey is probably done as an actor. Assuming he's guilty, I guess that will have to be his punishment.
https://ocrsm.umd.edu/files/Why-Is-S...r-Reported.pdf

Old 11-09-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
So, he is a pedophile, but gets a break because he is gay?

This is how many gay boys are created. It is taught. No kid innocent kid below puberty, knows they are gay.
That's quite a big statement. I wonder if you have clear evidence of what you've said here. If so, can you post it? Everything I've read says the cause of homosexuality is inconclusive.

Anecdotally, among my gay friends, the vast majority were not sexually abused and knew they were gay by 3rd or 4th grade (though they didn't have a name for it).

Old 11-09-2017, 05:11 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,712,554 times
Kevin Spacey disgust me. Sorry to say that but even though this is a public court it seems to weighing more to his guilt then innocent.

Spacey fell from grace came faster then Weinsteins!

Huge crash and who will be crashing next?

Old 11-09-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Not OK according to the law or moral standards, but in many other cultures 14 year-olds will consider sex much more evil than American boys do. Flies do not sting good eggs. Their parents, teachers, and the pop culture should also change.

For example, few countries will allow things like "American Pie" to be made, although college students are literally adults.
To the poster wondering why so many people don't report abuse: read the bolded regarding child sexual abuse victims.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
It's a psychological thing. I was molested when I was a child, and I never came forward with it until I was in my early 20's, but even then, I did it once I heard the guy had passed away, and I just let it all out one evening to my family. It's a combination of shame, guilt and all sorts of emotions and scars. Maybe with Weinstein being outed, it gave him the courage to come forward.
Yep. I was raped by several men after being drugged at a bar. This happened about 20 years ago. I never told anyone until I confided in one friend about two years ago. Since then I've told my best friend, one of my siblings and finally my husband. My husband was the most difficult to tell. I don't know why but I physically couldn't get the words out of my mouth for the longest time during our conversation.

Old 11-09-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Unfortunately, and I do not know that it factors in here, but a certain segment think it's their job to out people.
Spacey outed himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies