Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 04:24 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I agree. That post made no sense whatsoever.
Seconded or thirded.

Quote:
Spacey has always seemed like he would be a complete jerk IRL so I'm not surprised. That said - I did love him as an actor. He was one of my favorites.
Liked him as an actor also, he seemed believable in some pretty sketchy character roles ~ it was interesting to watch him develop or evolve within the role.

These from his role in The Big Kahuna:

Phil Cooper: It doesn't matter whether you're selling Jesus or Buddha or civil rights or 'How to Make Money in Real Estate With No Money Down.' That doesn't make you a human being; it makes you a marketing rep. If you want to talk to somebody honestly, as a human being, ask him about his kids. Find out what his dreams are - just to find out, for no other reason. Because as soon as you lay your hands on a conversation to steer it, it's not a conversation anymore; it's a pitch. And you're not a human being; you're a marketing rep.

Phil Cooper: I'm saying you've already done plenty of things to regret, you just don't know what they are. It's when you discover them, when you see the folly in something you've done, and you wish that you had it do over, but you know you can't, because it's too late. So you pick that thing up, and carry it with you to remind you that life goes on, the world will spin without you, you really don't matter in the end. Then you will gain character, because honesty will reach out from inside and tattoo itself across your face.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0189584/?ref_=ttqt_qt_tt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 04:47 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
UPDATE:

Quote:
Kevin Spacey to be charged with indecent assault, posts bizarre video

(CNN)Actor Kevin Spacey will be charged with indecent assault and battery, stemming from an incident that took place at a Nantucket, Massachusetts restaurant in 2016, Cape & Islands District Attorney Michael O'Keefe announced Monday.

Spacey is scheduled to be arraigned on January 7.

CNN has reached out to his attorney for comment.

The announcement coincides with Spacey posting a bizarre video to YouTube entitled, "Let Me Be Frank." The title is a play on Spacey's former "House of Cards" character, Frank Underwood.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/24/enter...deo/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7lA4OSbvZM

i was and remain very interested in this story as it has been filled with bizarre twists and turns all along the way.

I have no idea what is going on but this is very entertaining.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:05 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
UPDATE:

i was and remain very interested in this story as it has been filled with bizarre twists and turns all along the way.

Its quite simple. He is trying to deflect attention away from the upcoming court case by posting the bizarre but entertaining video. I guess it was somewhat effective because every headline today about Spacey sexual assault charge including mention of today's video. Then everyone watches the video.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:14 PM

605 posts, read 335,298 times
Quote:
This one is beyond weird...even for Hollywood.

Kevin Spacey apologises over Anthony Rapp 'sexual advance' claim - BBC News

So Spacey gets accused of sexual assault of an underage boy and uses the incident to announce that he's gay?

WTF???

Why in the world would anyone care if he's gay or not after possibly being so drunk he tried to have sexual contact with a minor?

Talk about tone deaf.

Was this normal behavior for Spacey back then? Get drunk and sexually assault minors?
His sexuality came up regarding him hitting on a young male, not a young female. So yes, he's gay.

Not sure why the drama in the op of ....WTF? This is not rocket science.

Btw, glad he apologized as he should

Old 12-24-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConservativesRule View Post
It seems much more like a typical sexual harassment story than a bizarre one. It would be bizarre if he harassed a woman, for example.
LOL! Men sexually harassing women, who'd have thunk it? now that is bizarre...

Old 12-24-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Why would they defend him? Sexual assault by a gay or straight men is unacceptable.
Are you saying straight men are defending Weinstein?

You don't make any sense.
That community specializes in the sexual assault of the public. They probably don't appreciate the competition

Old 12-24-2018, 07:50 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
If they hadn't already stated that this past season was the last, it would sound like a return to House of Cards.

Barring that, it seems like he's saying what he's wanted to say while hiding behind a character.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:00 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,646,108 times
I never liked the guy. Good instincts I guess.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:17 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,416,016 times
Sound like he is trying to justify his predatory behavior.

Old 12-25-2018, 02:41 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
UPDATE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7lA4OSbvZM

From what I read about this case, the “kid” LIED about his age to Spacey according to the “kid’s mother. Legal drinking age is 21 in Mass, which would have made Spacey believe that he was playing with a young adult. Doesn’t that alone make this groping allegation less plausible? This seems eerily similar to the innocent straight guy defense. The mother reported that the “kid” was starstruck by Spacey. Did the kid live in a cave and not know about Spaceys previous reputation and/or ignore the sexual overtones/innuendo that certainly would have occurred when they were getting drunk together? I wasn’t the smartest guy around at that age, but I could have sensed something if I wasn’t a “willing” partner with a MUCH OLDER MAN. Being around someone Spacey’s age would have alone felt abnormal. I think that this kid is most likely battling his gay orientation while his mother is most likely in denial of her son’s gayness and using the experience to win some $$ out of this, possibly even publicity for her television anchor career.

Last edited by Hopeful for Life; 12-25-2018 at 03:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies