Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2017, 08:03 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
You must not understand how this works. LOL

You think, when facing 30+ years in prison, that Manafort won't fold like a cheap lawn chair and start singing like a canary? You do know that's how cases like this work, right?

What, because Mueller didn't have Trump arrested this morning, you think the entire case is a nothingburger?

Patience, my friend. Patience. This is only the beginning. I hope you stick around for the fun, though.
Its funny I thought Mueller was brought in to see if there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia not simply to find a reason to put Trump in jail.

Well if the Watergate investigation is how it works, this is not looking good for Mueller. With Watergate the first arrests were 7 people for the Watergate coverup, not unrelated crimes. If Mueller's only hope is getting Manafort to spill whatever beans you think he has, that is very weak.

As I have said many times Manafort joined the Trump campaign to better himself with his foriegn business dealings not help Trump collude with Russia. They wiretapped Manafort during the time of the campaign. If there was a smoking gun it would have come out today.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:04 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
If Manafort was paid by the Russians to join the trump campaign that would be HUGE. I admit that. Now if Trump himself was aware of the deal, that would be impeachable. However, we are not even close to that yet. So far, we have Manafort hiding foreign funds, not disclosing his lobbying for foreign government, defrauding US banks and lying about whether or not an apartment was investment or not. All illegal. If he is found guilty, he will go to jail.
I agree, this is merely the beginning and this is likely a tactic to flip Manafort for bigger people. But keep in mind Manafort was involved with changing the Republican Party platform to be pro-Putin and anti-Ukraine, and Manafort picked Pence to be VP.

So there are a lot more complexities to this.

26,653 posts, read 28,677,767 times
The one good thing that might come from this ongoing nightmare that we've been living since November 2016 is that maybe people all over will see that crime does not pay.

This may finally be good for American kids to see! Instead of seeing that bullying and name calling pay off, they can see that it makes enemies for you. Instead of seeing that cheating is a good thing, they'll see that it can land you in jail.

I hope that justice prevails and good triumphs over bad, that we can feel good about our country again.

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The issue is the crime committed. The Clintons are even more guilty than Manafort. This actually sets up a perfect strike on the Clintons. Can't accuse Mueller of partisanship when he went after Manafort, first.
I don't think the Clintons are squeaky clean at all but this Uranium One deal is a bust -- give it up -- find something else.

Uranium One: Joy Reid debunks fake news targeting Clinton | MSNBC (I've never seen this Joy Reid before -- for the record. )

Old 10-30-2017, 08:05 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
There's been no indication that the indictment includes any of Manafort's actions on behalf of Trump's campaign. They're all related to events that occurred years before that. Approximately the same time frame in which the Clintons got the $100+ million kickback from Russians for the Uranium One deal.
you say this as though it was true..charges filed, trial, and conviction.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:05 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Its funny I thought Mueller was brought in to see if there was collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia not simply to find a reason to put Trump in jail.

Well if the Watergate investigation is how it works, this is not looking good for Mueller. With Watergate the first arrests were 7 people who committed the Watergate coverup.

As I have said many times Manafort joined the Trump campaign to better himself with his foriegn business dealings not help Trump collude with Russia. They wiretapped Manafort during the time of the campaign. If there was a smoking gun it would have come out today.
I take it you've got an inside man on Mueller's team to know that?

Or you've got inside information on Meuller's intentions and what he's planning on doing next?

Old 10-30-2017, 08:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Trump himself may not be guilty initially but I think we will find out there is a very strong possibility he was aware of some of the wrong doings and didn't do anything or helped to try to sweep it under the rug.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:06 AM

5,034 posts, read 7,412,572 times
This is the greatest day of the Trump Presidency so far. Buying more microwaves for all the popcorn...

Lock them all up!!!!

Old 10-30-2017, 08:07 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The one good thing that might come from this ongoing nightmare that we've been living since November 2016 is that maybe people all over will see that crime does not pay.

This may finally be good for American kids to see! Instead of seeing that bullying and name calling pay off, they can see that it makes enemies for you. Instead of seeing that cheating is a good thing, they'll see that it can land you in jail.

I hope that justice prevails and good triumphs over bad, that we can feel good about our country again.
If you are referring to Russian influence in America then that has been going on since 2012 only the Obama administration didn't let the public know about it until AFTER Trump got elected.

And more than likely that was due to the US interference in Ukraine.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The crimes happened while he was chairman of Trump's campaign. There is no federal statute for "collusion." Collusion charges are conspiracy, espionage, and financial crimes related to foreign entities.
He was in the Trump Campaign for a 3 whole months..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies