Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 08:23 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Dude, read the ****ing thread and supporting articles and you would know this. holy **** people.

Are you talking about this article ? with this quote ? Which the OP linked to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/29/u...erto-rico.html

"The contract had been attracting intense scrutiny in Washington. The House Committee on Natural Resources, which oversees Puerto Rican affairs, sent a letter on Thursday to the power authority demanding all records connected to the contract. That same day, the inspector general’s office at the Department of Homeland Security said it was investigating. Mr. Rosselló also ordered an audit of the contract, and the board that Congress created to oversee Puerto Rico’s financial affairs asked a federal court to appoint a new manager to supervise the utility"

If they know why the contract was awarded, why are they asking to audit the process ?

Maybe you should read the article.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:26 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,185 times
The "company" had only two employees, that's a fact isn't it. The company also had connections with Trump, that's also a fact.

A contract like this almost always put out to tender, I wonder why this one wasn't?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:36 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Are you talking about this article ? with this quote ? Which the OP linked to.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/29/u...erto-rico.html

"The contract had been attracting intense scrutiny in Washington. The House Committee on Natural Resources, which oversees Puerto Rican affairs, sent a letter on Thursday to the power authority demanding all records connected to the contract. That same day, the inspector general’s office at the Department of Homeland Security said it was investigating. Mr. Rosselló also ordered an audit of the contract, and the board that Congress created to oversee Puerto Rico’s financial affairs asked a federal court to appoint a new manager to supervise the utility"

If they know why the contract was awarded, why are they asking to audit the process ?

Maybe you should read the article.
No this part. Maybe you should have read the whole thing:

"Mr. Ramos had earlier said that Whitefish got the deal over competitors like PowerSecure because it did not ask for a large payment up front. Other companies, wary of Prepa’s bankruptcy, had demanded hefty sums, he said.
Mr. Ramos said on Sunday that the contract was being canceled because attention had shifted from managing a humanitarian crisis to “managing reputations.” “That’s risky,” he said. “I want to clarify that the cancellation of this contract does not mean there was anything outside the law, or out of the ordinary.”

That answers your question why the contract was awarded to them. The PR FBI field office is investigating THEIR power company's contracting process. Not Whitefish.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
The "company" had only two employees, that's a fact isn't it. The company also had connections with Trump, that's also a fact.

A contract like this almost always put out to tender, I wonder why this one wasn't?
They didn't have any connections to Trump. Just because they might have had some connection with the Interior guy because they were from the same district, which is a leap of logic there, doesn't mean it has connections to Trump himself.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:46 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Corruption all over.

Old 10-31-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Corruption all over.
Yeah PR is a mess aren't they?

Old 10-31-2017, 08:50 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
And you quote an opinion from the Mexican owned blog called the NY Times as proof of something?

Trump is winning. The rantings of the NY Times proves this.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:14 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post

What connections to Trump? If it is fact please link the supporting evidence they had connections with the President because I have not seen that in the multiple articles I have read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
They didn't have any connections to Trump. Just because they might have had some connection with the Interior guy because they were from the same district, which is a leap of logic there, doesn't mean it has connections to Trump himself.
I live in a small town ~2500 pop. Yep everyone knows everyone. They know your name, who your parents are, where abouts you live, work and/or go to church, but that doesn't mean they know them or have any connections. As I understand it they are from the same town. period. I haven't seen any evidence they were bffs or had any business dealings.

Old 10-31-2017, 09:21 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
What connections to Trump? If it is fact please link the supporting evidence they had connections with the President because I have not seen that in the multiple articles I have read.

I live in a small town ~2500 pop. Yep everyone knows everyone. They know your name, who your parents are, where abouts you live, work and/or go to church, but that doesn't mean they know them or have any connections. As I understand it they are from the same town. period. I haven't seen any evidence they were bffs or had any business dealings.

We all know Fed contracts are normally 3 bids in before they make a decision- also very public announcements- and they have to be registered to be a vendor for the US Govt - maybe though GSA not sure of PR status

https://www.usa.gov/find-government-contracts

https://www.fbo.gov/

https://governmentcontractregistrati...iAAEgK7bPD_BwE

Old 10-31-2017, 09:31 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
We all know Fed contracts are normally 3 bids in before they make a decision- also very public announcements- and they have to be registered to be a vendor for the US Govt - maybe though GSA not sure of PR status

https://www.usa.gov/find-government-contracts

https://www.fbo.gov/

https://governmentcontractregistrati...iAAEgK7bPD_BwE
This scenario does not fall under typical federal contracts. PREPA is running the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies