Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 01:42 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck
We wish this man could be president forever. Instead only 8 years of greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
By what have you measured his greatness?
Good question. Here's one indication that he is a great president:
He sets liberals absolutely aflame.
That's good because liberals wanted to close Gitmo, hate religion, generally despise marriage, hate people who carry guns, and never saw anything wrong with Obama.

In the first place if you never noticed anything wrong with Obama, who gave Queen Elizabeth an ipod recording of all his speeches, then there may be something wrong with YOU!

The rest of the stuff - closing Gitmo and religion and marriage and guns and all of that, have come about as liberal issues because of liberals' continuous attempt to portray themselves as intellectually superior. And one way - the cheap way - to establish yourself as superior is to trash what the other fellow holds dear. And Lordy, Lordy, when the "other fellow" takes firm steps to defend himself and his beliefs, the liberals just howl with outrage.

Outraged liberals!: The mark of progress for America!

MAGA

Old 10-31-2017, 01:43 PM

33,551 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Are you trying to tell us that God is Russian.
If He was , Hillary would be president. Thank God he isn't a Russian.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:43 PM

34,006 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Pretty much the way I see it but the Dems could possibly come up with a strong candidate not currently on the horizon....but as it stands right now, the Dems got nothing going on but rampant butt-hurt-ary.
I doubt they could dig Harry Truman up.

Their present group is less worthy of consideration than the cast of Gilligan's Island.

Old 10-31-2017, 01:47 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
The man is 71, he could be dead in another 8 years. [b][/B] And how long you think his health and sound mind is going to last. Anybody living in a free democracy, don't wish anyone could be president for life, no matter what side you are on. That is just not normal to think like that, it's actually a little scary. And you wonder why people love to call his supporters cultist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudduck View Post
We wish this man could be president forever. Instead only 8 years of greatness
I don't foresee the bolded lasting for long.

Thanks for the laugh, Muddock, he'll be lucky if he makes it two years. Maybe he'll be one of the answers to the question- who had the shortest presidential term.

Last edited by Ms. Tarabotti; 10-31-2017 at 01:47 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 10-31-2017, 01:59 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
I don't foresee the bolded lasting for long.

Thanks for the laugh, Muddock, he'll be lucky if he makes it two years. Maybe he'll be one of the answers to the question- who had the shortest presidential term.
Just as a point of history, he's already beat that one: William Henry Harrison was only president for 32 days. Died from complications after a cold.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:01 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
That's good because liberals wanted to close Gitmo, hate religion, generally despise marriage, hate people who carry guns, and never saw anything wrong with Obama.

In the first place if you never noticed anything wrong with Obama, who gave Queen Elizabeth an ipod recording of all his speeches, then there may be something wrong with YOU!

The rest of the stuff - closing Gitmo and religion and marriage and guns and all of that, have come about as liberal issues because of liberals' continuous attempt to portray themselves as intellectually superior. And one way - the cheap way - to establish yourself as superior is to trash what the other fellow holds dear. And Lordy, Lordy, when the "other fellow" takes firm steps to defend himself and his beliefs, the liberals just howl with outrage.

MAGA
So... it again, it has nothing to do with "MAGA", but rather because he's making the "other side" mad.

Oh, and you're right. I dislike all "religions" (man-made stories), believe that all people should be able to marry whoever they want, Want restrictions to cut down or eliminate mass shootings and murder rates, and would rather have a president who isn't the laughing stock of the world.

What I said in another thread. "Liberal" policies end up winning out in the long run. It might take a generation or two, but history has shown that the big "Liberal" pushes today are common practice in the future. Hopefully I live long enough to see things like universal healthcare and protections for consumers to not even be a worry for Americans.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:01 PM

672 posts, read 502,230 times
Quote:
And changing the culture around us from a limp wristed PC environment back to good old common sense

Sorry dems, you have no talent pool in 2020 to beat the best president of my lifetime
I don't know how old you are (I guessing 10 Months) but the best president in my lifetime was Bill Clinton.

Last edited by NorthwestResident; 10-31-2017 at 02:36 PM..

Old 10-31-2017, 02:26 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:

MAGA
I find it odd, and saddening, that some people assume that hate is the motivation of people they happen to disagree with.

How would one know, unless they actually tell us they hate someone?

In my entire life I can't think of anyone I thought I hated for very long, not even sure it ever was hate. Usually it was just some measure of anger, which dissipates over time until you reach the point where you just don't care. My ex-wife comes to mind .

It is one thing to distrust some one, or even disapprove of them, quite another to actually hate them.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:05 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,136,004 times
Quote:

MAGA

If you measure a President's success by how angry he makes the opposition you've set a VERY low bar for this President.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:17 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
Quote:
And changing the culture around us from a limp wristed PC environment back to good old common sense

Sorry dems, you have no talent pool in 2020 to beat the best president of my lifetime
Are you 12?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies