Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2017, 06:37 PM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Yes, the left continues to float falsehoods that 'poor people vote against their own interests by voting for Republicans'. The truth is that the underclass votes overwhelmingly Democrat and always has, when they vote. They know that keeping their welfare demands keeping the Democrats in control and the Democrats know their best chance of keeping some power is keeping poor people poor!
True, but many people, especially Dem voters, don't realize that. If they actually understood that they're supporting the maintenance and growth of a perpetually poor underclass that MUST be kept poor in order to keep them voting Dem, I wonder if they would still go along with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2017, 06:38 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,439,943 times
So seniors on welfare are hungry while families on welfare are living in luxury? Last I checked they gave the same food stamps and housing assistance to seniors. But whatever you say, boss.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:48 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
You betcha and it pisses me off mightily.

I live in a Senior Independent community. There are Section 8 slackers here and they get free everything, including huge discounts on rent. One of my slug neighbors pays $200/rent, has had both knees replaced, no charge, heart pump of some sort, free, gets pretty much free food, anything she wants. I, on the other hand, pay for everything, including full cost for insurance. I'm sick to death of welfare slugs.
Complaining about it won't do any good. You have a Zionist owned criminal government. If people won't do anything about it, starting at the bare minimum ending the Rothschild lead central banking cartels, then your children and/or grandchildren will live in a third world **** hole where they're a hated minority.

This government will NOT BE REFORMED, I see that clearly now. When enough people come to the same conclusion then things get ugly.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:52 AM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Good point.

I'll bet very few realize how US welfare policy and programs are resulting in an exponentially growing permanent welfare-dependent underclass. It's mathematically unsustainable. Period.
You get what you pay for. Anything you PAY FOR and subsidize you'll get more of. It's complete logic and common sense.

Old 11-01-2017, 08:55 AM

15,943 posts, read 7,009,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Complaining about it won't do any good. You have a Zionist owned criminal government. If people won't do anything about it, starting at the bare minimum ending the Rothschild lead central banking cartels, then your children and/or grandchildren will live in a third world **** hole where they're a hated minority.

This government will NOT BE REFORMED, I see that clearly now. When enough people come to the same conclusion then things get ugly.
What do you mean by "Zionist owned criminal government"? Are you being ant-Semitic?

Old 11-01-2017, 09:00 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,057,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Some elderly folks could be skipping meals if state budget cuts continue | KTUL

https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datas...018summary.odn

What a tragedy that while poor families get huge $6,200 tax credits, up to $50,000 a year in housing assistance and tremendous amounts of WIC and EBT that America's senior-citizens are starving.

Would be nice if the Republicans would eliminate the safety-net for families who don't have disabled children.

I think it is okay to have good safety-net for physically disabled children, but it is tremendously sad that while these families have baby after baby and pregnant on a yearly basis for more money that so many senior-citizens are starving.
I am a big believer in personal responsibility but I don't believe only disabled children is the right factor for assistance.

I don't believe welfare families are living in luxury unless they are cheating the system.

I suspect senior citizen who don't have money can get food stamps instead of starving.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:00 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Illegal aliens ran up our deficit by coming here and taking more welfare than Americans.. they all came running , had many anchor babies here to get the foodstamps ,housing, medical while the men worked for the spending luxury money to buy all the extras as their cost of living was paid by Uncle Sam.

I went to Big Lots and saw the elderly all buying food on sale . The illegals go to the upscale stores and buy the best. I see their foodstamp cards as they buy steak , fancy bakery items etc.

I see it all the time. In NJ and in Fl they live good. The illegal men in NJ would make $1500 a week and their women would live on welfare. They would brag about it too. No shame , none.
?? Wha??? Sigh. Yes they buy junk food but...

Have you SEEN the central ward of Newark or Plainfield or Camden.

Not sure its even legal to use the word lavish in those place.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:15 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
What do you mean by "Zionist owned criminal government"? Are you being ant-Semitic?
He forgot deep state, statist and a number of other words.

I think what he is getting at is that the US Government is bought and sold....daily. No one with any experience in politics or economics can claim otherwise.

BUT, this is partially the Will of the People. Listen to all the people here extolling "make it or break it" unregulated Capitalism as if it is the Will of God. When everything is for sale, why shouldn't government be?

And so we have the government we want and deserve.

Zionists? The dude is a couple decades behind. Israelis are leaving in droves and those who stay are ANYTHING but Zionists (mostly the 1% just like here). Other than some religious zealots (a small % of the population that the regular Israelis don't really like), there are no Zionists.

Even all the worldwide movements to bring people back into the fold (Judaism) no longer feature moving to Israel.

I guess current events are not the specialty of the poster.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:34 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Every society needs a powerless group to blame for all of its problems: a scapegoat.

In 1930s Germany it was the Jews, in contemporary America it is the poor and disabled.

$700 billion in free money for the big banks...was that welfare? Or do the big banks somehow deserve it for all of their "hard work" lending money at interest?

Old 11-01-2017, 09:39 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Every society needs a powerless group to blame for all of its problems: a scapegoat.

In 1930s Germany it was the Jews, in contemporary America it is the poor and disabled.

$700 billion in free money for the big banks...was that welfare? Or do the big banks somehow deserve it for all of their "hard work" lending money at interest?
That's wasn't "free money" like welfare. That was loans which got paid back.

Outflow from Fed: $626 billion
Paid back : $713 billion

Those were interest baring loans, not "free money" so the US made money off those loans.
Welfare people don't pay back any money the Fed gives them.

Bailout Scorecard | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies