Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 10:04 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
They should be. They had full access to public assistance decades before black americans
WTF are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 10:09 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Care to disprove my statement? This is the problem with Democrats today, they are unable to differentiate between treating people equally and trying to make them equal. People should be treated well, yet we shouldn't try to legitimize single parent families, just as we shouldn't legitimize being obese or gender dysphoria. People suffering from these things should be treated fairly and equally, but they shouldn't be pushed and encouraged as ways of life.
I agree with Reine on this. A majority of my family are VERY deeply religious and don't agree with any of the things you mentioned yet they vote Democrat as well.

I also know a lot of Arab Muslims who are more socially conservative than most Christians IMO and they also vote Democrat.

So you believing all Democrats are the same is just silly IMO.

I vote both Dem and GOP depending on the candidate and I also don't believe in pushing people to be obese or have "gender dysphoria" lol. Single parenting cannot be "legitimized" IMO as it just happens naturally - people like to have sex and sex makes babies outside of marriage sometimes and I don't believe in forcing people to get abortions for unplanned pregnancies, or forcing people to give birth and taking their babies away or whatever you think should happen to "de-legitimize" single parenting. I also don't think we should imprison single parents, but I do believe in encouraging people to get married who have a health relationship and who either want to be parents or already are. I also believe in encouraging people to be healthier and decrease obesity - which another Democrat named Michelle Obama wanted to do as well yet she was lambasted on by Republicans for wanting kids to move more and eat healthy lunches so they wouldn't be obese . I think you and other GOPers just want everyone to agree with whatever you agree with no matter what, same at times for Dems, which is why I don't align myself with political party.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:10 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So getting married after a few months of dating and subsequently having a child, and then getting divorced a few months later is fine because it is "in wedlock", but having a child after living together for ten years and staying together for the remainder of their life is bad because the child is born "out of wedlock"?
Well you know that the religious right would rather have children living with two people who hate each other than with a single parent. They think that is God's way. Of course, their God expected women to be subservient to men too.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:14 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with Reine on this. A majority of my family are VERY deeply religious and don't agree with any of the things you mentioned yet they vote Democrat as well.

I also know a lot of Arab Muslims who are more socially conservative than most Christians IMO and they also vote Democrat.

So you believing all Democrats are the same is just silly IMO.

I vote both Dem and GOP depending on the candidate and I also don't believe in pushing people to be obese or have "gender dysphoria" lol. Single parenting cannot be "legitimized" IMO as it just happens naturally - people like to have sex and sex makes babies outside of marriage sometimes and I don't believe in forcing people to get abortions for unplanned pregnancies, or forcing people to give birth and taking their babies away or whatever you think should happen to "de-legitimize" single parenting. I also don't think we should imprison single parents, but I do believe in encouraging people to get married who have a health relationship and who either want to be parents or already are. I also believe in encouraging people to be healthier and decrease obesity - which another Democrat named Michelle Obama wanted to do as well yet she was lambasted on by Republicans for wanting kids to move more and eat healthy lunches so they wouldn't be obese . I think you and other GOPers just want everyone to agree with whatever you agree with no matter what, same at times for Dems, which is why I don't align myself with political party.
Yes, many individuals still vote Democrat, even as the party pursues policies they themselves are directly opposed to. That doesn't change the fact that those are the policies the Democrats are pursuing. In many cases, if these people get their news from so called mainstream media sources, they will largely be unaware of the facts, for example that the Democrat party is fighting tooth and nail to put boys in girls' locker rooms.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:15 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So are you saying all the white baby daddy's who aren't marrying their baby momma's aren't "sperm donors" too?
They are, but to a MUCH lesser extent.

The single mother birth rates, by race:

Blacks: 72.2%
American Indians/Alaska Natives: 66.9%
Hispanics: 53.5%
Whites (non-Hispanic): 29.4%
Asians/Pacific Islanders: 17.1%
(Source: CDC)

Notice a pretty HUGE difference, there?
Quote:
I know you like to go on your racial bashing quests with specific statistical categories so you can go on with it if you'd like
Facts aren't "bashing." By not acknowledging and addressing the facts, you're exacerbating the problem. Just like a good little Dem; doing what you're told... Keeping poor people poor and therefore voting Dem, so Dems can keep some semblance of political power.

How can anyone be such a race traitor? Serious question.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Oh, so your one anecdotal experience proves that the Demonrat party isn't pursuing policies, which do tremendous harm to the family and that the left attempts to legitimize non-traditional forms of the family in an effort to legitimize their own behavior, particularly via the so called mainstream media and pop culture?

Your own experience is not proof, my friend.

And, as far as religion goes, I'm a non-religious, non-believing conservative, so don't try to turn this into some religious discussion.
What policies have Dems pushed that have caused tremendous harm to families....

And this is the second time I've seen one of you GOPers talk about "legitimizing" something that is non-traditional. What do you mean by that (and FWIW it makes me think since two have said it that it is something spoken about on conservative media and you all are just agreeing with some con mouth piece about something that is not even clearly defined).

I'm also not religious but a majority of both Democrats and Republicans are religious. Religion is likely to drive someone to continue to desire a "traditional" lifestyle socially. Both political parties have people who desire traditional lifestyles.

Since this thread is on black families, I'll note as a black person, that black people on the whole are very socially conservative due to their religion. They do not shun babies though (OOW births) because babies are seen by many people as gifts and good things. I'll note I always find it interesting that many conservatives want to lambast blacks for single parenting when they also usually are very anti-choice when it comes to abortion and don't agree with a poor single mother choosing not to give birth to a child she cannot afford.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They are, but to a MUCH lesser extent.

Facts aren't "bashing." By not acknowledging and addressing the facts, you're exacerbating the problem. Just like a good little Dem; doing what you're told... Keeping poor people poor and therefore voting Dem, so Dems can keep some semblance of political power.

How can anyone be such a race traitor? Serious question.
Fact is I asked you about sperm donors and you didn't answer the question.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:17 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Well you know that the religious right would rather have children living with two people who hate each other than with a single parent. They think that is God's way. Of course, their God expected women to be subservient to men too.
How about contraception?

I was a randy and promiscuous young man and contraceptives worked splendidly for me. Never had to deal with either the abortion or out of wedlock issue.

I have never regarded myself as some sort of genius, yet this seemed blatantly obvious from the get go.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:18 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
"I'll have those n*****s voting Democratic for 200 years."

- Lyndon Johnson
A conservative drop everything, run over and post this quote every time there is a topic about black people.

Congrats!

Old 11-01-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Yes, many individuals still vote Democrat, even as the party pursues policies they themselves are directly opposed to. That doesn't change the fact that those are the policies the Democrats are pursuing. In many cases, if these people get their news from so called mainstream media sources, they will largely be unaware of the facts, for example that the Democrat party is fighting tooth and nail to put boys in girls' locker rooms.
Sorry but I think from this comment that you are getting your news from mainstream conservative media sources and you are being tricked into believing something is occurring that is not happening.

I keep abreast of the news and have not seen anything that Democrats want to put boys in girls locker rooms. Methinks you are speaking of the transgender issue and that is not the same thing as the bold and it is also not something that a huge amount of Democrats are "fighting tooth and nail" to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies