Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 03:31 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Not an answer to the question. I'm not interested in your editorial comments.
Then don't start a thread in a political forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 03:35 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
You exhibit zero understanding of what made and continues to make our republic so steadfast and strong. What you advocate would tear the country apart, making for permanent might makes right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
that's the reason there should be constitutional amendment to change the composition of the senate and electoral college to reflect the population of each state.

CA can vote all they want for Democrats when a state like Wyoming with a population of just a more 500k can send 2 senators while CA with 40m can only send the same number of senators in Congress while paying its share of 40/320 + of federal budget.

anyway you look at it, its not fair. OC alone generate more economic activity than several states and yet we have to share that 2 senators with rest of CA

Old 11-01-2017, 03:39 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
If state rights is guaranteed and the only thing that concerns the Federal govt is defense, foreign affairs, foreign trade, inter state commerce, I submit, such fundamental change in the structure of govt is not hard to sell.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:57 PM

6,089 posts, read 4,987,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
You exhibit zero understanding of what made and continues to make our republic so steadfast and strong. What you advocate would tear the country apart, making for permanent might makes right.
Exactly.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:05 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
"I am constrained by a system our Founding Fathers put in place." Barrack Hussein Obama

The Democrats will try to achieve their goals under any circumstances. They have a strong disdain for Federalism and the separation of powers, but knowing they are not able to change the Constitution, they now try to bring their change by massive numbers of illegal immigrants.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:06 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
For every Wyoming there is a Rhode Island.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:09 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,858,538 times
The current look of the bill is way more ridiculous as it seeks to reward property tax as a method of taxing individuals of a state. So make Californians pay more to subsidze Texans. GOP is trying to kill off its holdout seats near the coasts? The party has been on a political suicide mission since making Trump its leader.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:16 PM

1,158 posts, read 961,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
All I can say is I'm tired of this stupid blind allegiance to political parties. Both sides screw the Middle Class every chance they get.
I agree with you. Both parties are completely worthless. The only thing any politician cares about is lining their own pockets and getting re-elected. They have to suck up to those special interests so the can keep their jobs. The vast majority of them are millionaires and completely out of touch with average Americans.

It's time for the middle class to wake up and get these morons out of office and take America back. We need representatives that represent the middle class.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:41 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
I wonder if the OP will complain when he sells his house at an artificially inflated price at retirement?

The interest deduction contributes to inflated housing prices.

The deduction of State taxes contributes to bloated state government which is subsided by other states.

Remember that you can deduct sales tax or state income tax but not both. At our tax rate it would be easy for a typical techie household to pay thousands in sales tax. I haven’t seen that addressed.

The average 401k deduction is well below $2400. What you pay now you don’t pay later. The common narrative is that our tax rate will be lower at retirement. People like you and me who saved the max every year will end up in the same bracket regardless.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:53 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,287,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post

The deduction of State taxes contributes to bloated state government which is subsided by other states.

how is this possible? states get the revenue they need whether in the form of sales tax, property tax or income tax. CA just wanted a more progressive form of taxation hence the income tax

how does other states subsidized other states?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies