Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 06:41 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
Many of these groups were not considered “white” when they came to the U.S.

it took several generations for them to become “white.”

Good ol’ America...ain’t it wonderful?
And all of them can celebrate their heritages...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 08:34 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The sign is hilarious to me. I’d just laugh at it. I mean, what’s supposed to be my reaction as a non white person BUT humor?

I’m certainly not gonna take it seriously.

As a white person I feel the same way. This is the response most people would give if they're mature and not prone to being triggered by nonsense.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:55 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
In less than a hundred years we went from a generation that stormed the beaches of Normandy to a generation that runs to their safe space because of a flier. There's a reason millennials are considered a generation of cry babies.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sorry for wapo link. this references maryland but there are others from Boston, etc.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...c00_story.html
Signs saying ‘it’s okay to be white’ found at Maryland high school

really?

just saying it's ok to be white is now 'racially divisive'

triggered student:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOl1fFMseLw

Those 4chan guys sure know how to troll the masses!
I have to give them a standing O, on this feat of exposing the insanity.

Undercover and on target.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:17 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
4chan exposes the real racists and brings them out of the wood work.
It's OK to be White.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:20 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
4chan has done a brilliant job exposing all the racist, bigoted pukes on the left with a simple sign.

There's nothing "nazi" about it, like some of the idiots on the left are claiming.

It's okay to be white.
It's okay to be black.
It's okay to be Asian.
It's okay to be Hispanic.

But not for the lefties.....morons.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The only people I see promoting white solidarity are red neck white trash types that people don't want for neighbors.
My "red neck" neighbors are very good neighbors. They mow their lawn, don't commit crime that I know of, and help me when I need it. The housing values for a block of rednecks like them stay plenty stable.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:29 PM

459 posts, read 375,991 times
Incredible to see liberals triggered by this. Such snowflakes

Old 11-02-2017, 10:59 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
In all seriousness, the batty Left thinks that it is both possible and non-toxic to combat the "concept" of "whiteness". In reality, "white" is not a concept but a physiologically-linked racial identifier for a group of people with specific genes and genetic distance from other groups. It's no different from "Jew" (for 99% of Jews, being closely related genetically) or any other word whose actual meaning refers to a connected genetic group rather than a "concept" or "construct". The Left may as well be attempting to rid the world of the "concepts" of the Cro-Magnon or Neanderthal species.

In reality, "white" is now too socially broad to have a large amount of genetically referential meaning, but it still does. The Left makes a further mistake when it assumes that "White" will continue to socially broaden in meaning and continue to depart from a meaningful genetic referent, as it sort of has in the past to encompass the Irish and Italians. There is Leftist hope that Mestizos and Arabs will eventually be seen as White. They won't. "White" has hit a social wall for how far its meaning will expand.

That the Left thinks of "white" as a concept or "construct" is really just a political tactic that arises out of the logic that constructs are extinguishable while genetics are not extinguishable outside of genocide.

Thus, assuming that they don't literally want to rid the world of Caucasians / indigenous Europeans, unmixed Nordics, Celts, or whatever you want to call these groups, they think that getting people to stop assigning value to the "concept" of "White" will solve the world's ills.

Because "white" is not a concept but a genetically referential group identifier, in reality what would happen is that new, equivalent value would be re-assigned to whatever new identifier these people would take after "white" hypothetically loses meaning. That word does not even have to have a physiological referent like "white" does for a phenotype that falls within the parameters of what is generally held to be "white" (it is not just skin-tone). You can call them purple martians, and eventually "purple martians" will take on the old meaning of "White" because, even though semantic identity would be eradicated on the level of formal census and discourse, group culture and behavior rooted in that close genetic distance could not be eradicated and the people who engage in it would eventually be assigned a unique identifier. That natural social mechanism will never be stymied. In addition, unless that new identifier is exclusive, it will also lose meaning and another word will take its place.

In short, trying to eradicate "whiteness" is toxic because 1. it is futile and 2. it causes large scale resentment and national division. Last, 3. we are not actually likely to revert to new terminology but rather retreat into older, more exclusive forms of tribalism having to do with much more specific genetic groupings. In other words the "concept" of "white" was a liberal social victory that they are now risking in full because they don't know when to quit; behavior that is not at all different from a degenerate gambling habit.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:39 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
My "red neck" neighbors are very good neighbors. They mow their lawn, don't commit crime that I know of, and help me when I need it. The housing values for a block of rednecks like them stay plenty stable.
I've had different experiences with rednecks. No redneck has ever mowed my lawn. I've been assaulted by people who are adherents to the redneck subculture. I've been called racial slurs by people who have that kind of subculture in them.

BTW, I live in a block where there are no "rednecks". Plenty of people who are southerners, who are country, but they are not what you might call "rednecks". Home values remain stable where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies