Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2017, 10:04 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times

Advertisements

This will really shake up the Hillary Administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
How can someone possibly have a shot at beating a candidate that is already controlling the parties finance and basically the party itself??
Your argument is that she was controlling the party finances, My problem with that argument is that you are simply proving what was wrong with Bernie. He could have done everything listed in the article and chose not to.

The only part here that Brazile actually had a problem with was the control of refusal of staff. Victory Funds are normal, it was that one part. Bernie chose to run as a Democrat, but stay independent of the party and only worry about himself.

If he had used his own joint victory fund, then the argument of funding goes away right there.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Brazille did a rotten job for Al Gore. Why she had any credibility is beyond me.

That whole DNC bunch needs to go. They make one bad decision after another.

Billary can pay off the debt, then they can get Howard dean back.
I got news - the young people don't want Howard Dean back. Although he did a good job back in the day - is he not now a lobbyist for a drug company?

With regard to the Clinton Campaign taking over the DNC - the Trump campaign took over the RNC - that IS the way it works.

I'm distinctly NOT shocked that the Democratic Party was rooting for the, you know, actual Democrat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
There still saying that the Russians hacked the e-mails?!

Julian Assange stated multiple times now that the Russians were not the source of the leak.
Well. if Assange said it - it MUST be true

Old 11-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
No, it says that usually those Agreements are signed AFTER the nomination not a year before. Which would make sense.
You are mashing together different parts of the article.

It says control of party staff happens after the nomination, not the joint victory funds.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:07 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
This will really shake up the Hillary Administration.
I mean, yeah. She'll probably get impeached now.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:08 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

It says control of party staff happens after the nomination, not the joint victory funds.
Ok, I will go back and read again.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:11 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,977,467 times
Quote:
Ok, I will go back and read again.
I still see that the VICTORY FUND and AGREEMENT were done very prematurely and supposed to be done after nomination

"The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former CEO of the DNC, and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.

When the party chooses the nominee, the custom is that the candidate’s team starts to exercise more control over the party. If the party has an incumbent candidate, as was the case with Clinton in 1996 or Obama in 2012, this kind of arrangement is seamless because the party already is under the control of the president. When you have an open contest without an incumbent and competitive primaries, the party comes under the candidate’s control only after the nominee is certain. When I was manager of Al Gore’s campaign in 2000, we started inserting our people into the DNC in June. This victory fund agreement, however, had been signed in August 2015, just four months after Hillary announced her candidacy and nearly a year before she officially had the nomination."

Old 11-02-2017, 10:11 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I wish Bernie would have come out with it when he found out. Why he helped hide that and back Hilary is beyond me. Just sick how much trash work in these political camps. Fair doesn't exist in this country regarding elections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_6BevfMygM
Hillarys just smiling like a Cheshire cat knowing how it all went down. Gross. At that moment a lot of Bernie supporters turned to Trump. I don't blame them at all. Most of us just realized there was no need to participate in the garbage clean up.
Once the nomination was secured, realistically, he had two choices: help Hillary or help Trump. Clearly, he felt that Trump was the worse of the two candidates, and I agree. They are both corrupt, but Trump is dangerous.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:14 AM

3,852 posts, read 2,223,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Hillarys just smiling like a Cheshire cat knowing how it all went down.
It's disgusting looking at her grinning. That woman is pure evil.

Old 11-02-2017, 10:14 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

No it doesn't. That's a flat out lie. Man you guys are running for most #fakenews posted in a single day award.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies