Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 06:27 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Oh stop your whining. It's a better tax plan than we have now. You can't have it all just because you think you deserve it. Just keep smacking yourself and see it that helps you.
So you're OK with adding $2 trillion or more to the deficit, so we can send our money, further burden our kids, to further enrich the likes of Wells Fargo and the fat man, who neither need, or deserve tax relief. Think they are both doing just fine don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 07:17 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Oh stop your whining. It's a better tax plan than we have now. You can't have it all just because you think you deserve it. Just keep smacking yourself and see it that helps you.
It's not better than what we have now. If that is your standard, we'd be passing bills with 5 minutes of study.

Remember Simpson/Bowles? A bunch of bigwigs got together for months and dug DEEPLY and worked out a fair system that would actually pay the bills.

Let's talk deficit reduction. Let's talk a balanced budget. Let's fix health care and cut the Security state down to size.

But this "plan" - that's something I could have written during my daily.......well, you know...when I usually read a paragraph or two. It's a joke. "Reform". Ha...

Old 11-02-2017, 08:02 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Of course they don't, but they rely on ignorant people voting for them that believe they will as Obama, Pelosi's and Clinton carve out ways to keep their millions.

You've been duped.
Perhaps I have been duped in certain ways.

But do you believe republicans are honest, looking out for regular Americans, and not seeking to increase wealthy peoples incomes?

Old 11-02-2017, 08:26 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
The problem fir too many of those struggling in the early stages of a "Korporate" career is that virtually all their income is in the form of a straight salary, therefore fully taxable and easily pushed into the higher brackets; at the same time, their efforts and contributions which justified and earned those salary increases can't be easily identified and withheld, and there is no mechanism by which a larger portion of the rewards of those efforts can be diverted and the tax burden deferred-- only the simple IRA's and 401(k)'s, with their low limits on contributions.

And since most of the "art" of management seems to revolve around gaining stronger control of the employee's time, attention, participation, and subservience, (and of holding junior employees to time-consuming jobs at which they're overqualified, but offer no immediate means of advancement), I can hold out little hope of getting the best employees "off the treadmill" earlier in the employment life-cycle.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-02-2017 at 08:37 PM..

Old 11-02-2017, 08:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
That's easy, lower the rate on lower brackets and raise it on high brackets.
The lower bracket not only doesnt pay anything, often times they receive a check back that they didnt even pay into.

You cant get any lower

Old 11-02-2017, 08:38 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
So you're OK with adding $2 trillion or more to the deficit, so we can send our money, further burden our kids, to further enrich the likes of Wells Fargo and the fat man, who neither need, or deserve tax relief. Think they are both doing just fine don't you?
I cant take what you say seriously if you're going to just post random meaningless figures and believe others are going to believe you.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
That's easy, lower the rate on lower brackets and raise it on high brackets.

I don't get the whole "the top 20% pay the most income taxes (because they earn half the income and hold 80% of the assets of the country)", as if that's supposed to prove everything is fair. Like, think about the situation for ten more seconds, and you'll get it!

(The answer is that it's not fair or proper that a tiny minority holds so much of the country's wealth. If the rich can accumulate that much wealth, their taxes aren't high enough. Democracy and the free market can't function properly in a society with billionaires.)
I don't think the OP understood a word of that, but I hope he keeps reading it.

Old 11-02-2017, 11:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I cant take what you say seriously if you're going to just post random meaningless figures and believe others are going to believe you.
Yes let's wait for the CBO shall we...

Old 11-03-2017, 12:00 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,283 times
I'm in the top 20% as are many of my friends, it's not that high.

It's the top .001% that is going to make out like bandits under Trump's plan.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:25 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The problem fir too many of those struggling in the early stages of a "Korporate" career is that virtually all their income is in the form of a straight salary, therefore fully taxable and easily pushed into the higher brackets; at the same time, their efforts and contributions which justified and earned those salary increases can't be easily identified and withheld, and there is no mechanism by which a larger portion of the rewards of those efforts can be diverted and the tax burden deferred-- only the simple IRA's and 401(k)'s, with their low limits on contributions.

And since most of the "art" of management seems to revolve around gaining stronger control of the employee's time, attention, participation, and subservience, (and of holding junior employees to time-consuming jobs at which they're overqualified, but offer no immediate means of advancement), I can hold out little hope of getting the best employees "off the treadmill" earlier in the employment life-cycle.
And while we're at this. let's not forget that for a young couple struggling to play by the rules, any additional income is likely to be taxed at the higher marginal rate; that's not always the case for the "family" of Anchor Baby, Babe-and-a-Half, and Baby Daddy -- who make ends meet by "working off the books", tax credits, an occasional small lottery win, and the hope of a successful lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies