Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 02:42 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
The players are hurting their own brand. Whether progressives want to admit it or not. Their "cause" is nonsense and just cultural marxist propaganda.

Their next CBA is going to be great entertainment, because they are going to realize how much they have hurt themselves and those coming up behind them. They have been stupid throughout all of this.

And...that's all I got, for now.
Yep, regardless of the quality of Pizza or whatever....this is a major NFL advertiser that is paying them a lot of money and the ratings are down.

Thinkprogress is a complete POS website with an honesty level no better than breitbart (maybe even worse if that's even possible) so of course they have to try to make it racial.

Next CBA is going to be brutal for players if ad revenue sinks....meanwhile the NBA contracts are exploding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 02:46 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
How is Papa John's related to the NFL and kneeling players?

Old 11-02-2017, 02:46 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,365,472 times
This is a happy moment when there is bi partisan support that Papa John's pizza sucks. The last time there was this much bi partisanship was when posters from both parties agreed they would eat fresh road kill.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:47 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Yum Brands CEO: NFL protests haven't hurt Pizza Hut's sales - Business Insider

Old 11-02-2017, 02:48 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Papa John does not make pizza ...more like, "pizza-shaped", semi-edible objects!
I've never had Papa John pizza but just from what I see on advertisements, I'd say it's maybe a step above the 7-11 pizza. 7-11 pizza is what.....$5.99 for a large with salt as the main ingredient? Salt is pretty dirt cheap though. I eat pizza maybe like once a year, and that's on a good year. And I get it at Greek and Italian restaurants only. Nothing fancy, just cheese, sauce (tomatoes) and basil. That's the way I like it.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:48 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Isn't tv viewership down like 5%? So yeah you moron, expect your sales to go down. He's a special kind of stupid.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:53 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep, regardless of the quality of Pizza or whatever....this is a major NFL advertiser that is paying them a lot of money and the ratings are down.

Thinkprogress is a complete POS website with an honesty level no better than breitbart (maybe even worse if that's even possible) so of course they have to try to make it racial.

Next CBA is going to be brutal for players if ad revenue sinks....meanwhile the NBA contracts are exploding.
I agree with most of what you said...except your shot at Breitbart.

In my perfect world Steve Bannon would be the next president...and I am being totally serious.

Back to the topic at hand - these players are screwed when the next CBA comes up, and you know what?....the fans aren't going to care as much if there is a work stoppage. Then these brainless fools can see what it's like to work a REAL job, granted they can hold one.

No one will be writing their papers for them anymore in the real world when they are forced out of football. Watch..

Old 11-02-2017, 02:53 PM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Their pizza is okay, but honestly Papa John is just a Trump supporter upset that Trump couldn't get the NFL to do his bidding IMO.
So, we know for a fact that ratings are down which directly impacts advertisers and their sales.

The guys business is a major NFL advertiser and many businesses with NFL links are suffering stock down-ratings and falling revenues as a result with NFL ratings be cited by various ratings agencies like Credit Suisse.

Seems like a fairly reasonable explanation to me.

Yet here you come, dismiss all of that and spin some sort of "but Trump" rationale for it?

By all means, explain how ratings aren't down and advertisers are all happy unless they're Trump friends.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
I've never eaten Papa John's pizza. Ive heard that it is nothing to brag about, but evidently many must like it. They are a pretty big corporation. They got that way some how.
As for the NFL's and kneeling players part? Viewership is down. Not sure I ever bought a product because it was advertised during a game. I am sure some do.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:56 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
The guy is a billionaire cry baby, last time i ate a pizza from one of his chain stores I didn't even taste the pizza all I tasted was salt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies