Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 09:13 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No not kidding. Again you're arguing semantics. Why?
I'm arguing because words matter. There are people who actually believe that the money we earn is the governments money. And some politicians like that. Did you ever hear of totalitarian mind control. Using words or changing the meaning of words to make something bad into good. Example below

“Illegal aliens” became “illegal immigrants” and then “undocumented immigrants” and presto-chango, something bad was magically transformed into something good.

Now if people believe the money you earn is governments money they grab will get much worse. Fortunately there are people who understand the money you earn is NOT the governments money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 09:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
I don't usually agree with petch, but she's definitely right in this case. Look at your paycheck, what you bring home is your NET, what you make is the GROSS. A tax cut is simply going to allow you to keep more of the GROSS. It's money you already earned, just less of it will go to the federal, state, or local government.
People don't pay much attention to how much government takes because they take a little at a time. When people get their paycheck the first thing, and probably the only thing they look at is the amount that is deposited into their bank account. This works to governments advantage. If people paid more attention to how much the government takes out they wouldn't be happy.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:16 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
People don't pay much attention to how much government takes because they take a little at a time. When people get their paycheck the first thing, and probably the only thing they look at is the amount that is deposited into their bank account. This works to governments advantage. If people paid more attention to how much the government takes out they wouldn't be happy.
Balderdash.

Everyone knows how much the government takes out. It’s a line on your tax form. And so everyone complains about taxes.

Here’s a question: how much does your employer take from your labor, in the form of profits? It’s an invisible number, and thus much more insidious.

If employers were forced to put a “profit made from employee” line on every pay stub, there’d be a revolution.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:41 AM

10,753 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Balderdash.

Everyone knows how much the government takes out. It’s a line on your tax form. And so everyone complains about taxes.

Here’s a question: how much does your employer take from your labor, in the form of profits? It’s an invisible number, and thus much more insidious.
What an absurd notion. When you go to work for an employer, you enter into a mutually agreed upon contract spelling out how you will be compensated for your labor. Unless contractually agreed upon, the profit earned is irrelevant to your compensation. When you get paid, you are fully and fairly compensated for your labor. If you want a share of the profits become an owner.

Quote:
If employers were forced to put a “profit made from employee” line on every pay stub, there’d be a revolution.
And another absurd notion. Do you really think that low wage workers at McDonald's and Wal-Mart don't know that those companies are making $$$$ while they are only making $12/hour? Where's the revolution?

Old 11-08-2017, 11:56 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
What an absurd notion. When you go to work for an employer, you enter into a mutually agreed upon contract spelling out how you will be compensated for your labor. Unless contractually agreed upon, the profit earned is irrelevant to your compensation. When you get paid, you are fully and fairly compensated for your labor.
A person has to work to survive. The employer, on the other hand, can hire anyone. So the employer has all of the bargaining power. The employer wins, the employee loses.

When a robber puts a gun to my head, I enter into a mutually agreed upon contract with the robber spelling out how much money I have to give him in exchange for my survival: I give him everything. The robber wins, I lose.

Quote:
If you want a share of the profits become an owner.
There’s no money left to buy the gun from the robber when the robber has already taken everything that I have.

Quote:
And another absurd notion. Do you really think that low wage workers at McDonald's and Wal-Mart don't know that those companies are making $$$$ while they are only making $12/hour? Where's the revolution?
Most probably have no idea.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:24 PM

10,753 posts, read 5,672,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak80 View Post
a person has to work to survive. The employer, on the other hand, can hire anyone. So the employer has all of the bargaining power. The employer wins, the employee loses.

When a robber puts a gun to my head, i enter into a mutually agreed upon contract with the robber spelling out how much money i have to give him in exchange for my survival: I give him everything. The robber wins, i lose.

There’s no money left to buy the gun from the robber when the robber has already taken everything that i have.

Most probably have no idea.
lol!!

Old 11-08-2017, 12:38 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'm arguing because words matter. There are people who actually believe that the money we earn is the governments money. And some politicians like that. Did you ever hear of totalitarian mind control. Using words or changing the meaning of words to make something bad into good. Example below

“Illegal aliens” became “illegal immigrants” and then “undocumented immigrants” and presto-chango, something bad was magically transformed into something good.

Now if people believe the money you earn is governments money they grab will get much worse. Fortunately there are people who understand the money you earn is NOT the governments money.
You’re arguing semantics because you don’t want to tip your hand, and need to cover up the fact that you’re upper class and will benefit far more than “the poors”.

I’ve been around enough of the wealthy to recognize when someone’s married into it.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:13 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Informed consent also thinks the disabled should just die he is morally bankrupt
Why do you think Informed Consent is a man ?

Old 11-08-2017, 01:24 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
A person has to work to survive. The employer, on the other hand, can hire anyone. So the employer has all of the bargaining power. The employer wins, the employee loses.

When a robber puts a gun to my head, I enter into a mutually agreed upon contract with the robber spelling out how much money I have to give him in exchange for my survival: I give him everything. The robber wins, I lose.
Re the above, you are:

1. Thinking like a victim
2. Thinking like an employee

(two of your issues ^^^^^)

...Rather than thinking creatively, thinking like an entrepreneur.

Quote:
There’s no money left to buy the gun from the robber when the robber has already taken everything that I have.
Another example of my point above.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:29 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Why do you think Informed Consent is a man ?
Man women doesn't matter that person is morally bankrupt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies