Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2017, 06:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It's already here. The liberals think that everyone but whites can be proud of their heritage and ancestors. If you are white it's a no-no.
No kidding. Just look at how triggered they are over a generic "It's Ok to be white" sign. Even that's enough for them to claim to "feel threatened".

Old 11-03-2017, 06:26 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No kidding. Just look at how triggered they are over a generic "It's Ok to be white" sign. Even that's enough for them to claim to "feel threatened".
Oh yes indeed. Just look at that thread and you'll see some almost burst an artery with anger just at the mention that it might be ok to be white.

Old 11-03-2017, 07:53 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
No serious question.

There is so much of this stuff going around nowadays (racial divide, People getting offended so easily, etc,.) in this country It makes me wonder how long until people start saying that it is racist for white people to take pride and be proud of their Ancestors and their Accomplishments?

They already are. My response? Zero Fs given.

What bothers me is when people roll over and lend any kind of credence to this stupidity.

This is not directed at you, OP:

I'm getting really sick of seeing Conservatives, white people, Trump supporters do nothing more than complain about it.

The reason that this s it goes on is because people on the right are allowing it to go on. They don't want to get up and make changes, they want to complain to their peers on social media about it, think they've done their part, and go on about their lives. How about actually DOING something about it.

What? Fight back (no, I don't mean like the antifa pukes). Stand up to this horse crap. Go to the town hall meetings. Go create your own protest. DO something about it.

Too hard?
Don't want to get involved?
Maybe you think it's not that bad.

Frog, pot, turn the heat up slowly.

The morons making all of these insipid claims are not powerful. This is the kind of idiot making those claims:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video...8C1wvAy-E2.mp4

You can almost hear the circuits blowing in fatty's head.

When there's "investigations" and "manhunts" going on for someone putting up a poster stating "It's Okay To Be White", it's time to admit that you can't sit back and watch from the sidelines anymore.

That people are getting (fake) triggered over that...gee, it's almost like they have an issue with skin color, something that people cannot change about themselves. Where have we heard that before?

These morons don't see how hypocritical and plain dumb they are, and there's no reason to sit there and accept it by doing nothing more than shaking your head (general 'you'), clucking your tongue, writing something on your Facebook, and saying, "This country is getting worse and worse...sigh."

The people on the right need to find their spines and stand up to this horse crap.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:10 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Most of my white ancestors were murdered by White Supremacists. Who should I be proud of?

Old 11-03-2017, 08:14 PM

195 posts, read 177,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Great post.

Yep, race hadn't been weaponized in the 80's when you and I grew up.

In the late 70's, shows like Good Times, The Jeffersons, Sanford And Son and What's Happening brought black lives into white living rooms. In the 80's, shows like The Cosby Show and Family Matters were no longer about black families but American families that happened to be black. Nobody batted an eye about the Huxtables father being a doctor and mother a lawyer. It was expected their children would go to college.

The 80's were the decade when superstar athletes who were black were just viewed as superstars. They sold everything on television and were no longer just selling to the black audience. White businessmen were the target for Hertz who used OJ as their spokesman.

Few stars in Hollywood appealed to young white males more than Eddie Murphy. It wasn't because he was black, it was because he was funny, handsome and (excuse the reference) raw.

The 80's was also when rap began the crossover to mainstream. Most generations look for music that is different and unique from what their parents listened to, and rap was the sound that young people began listening to without care as to its origins.

I think people who grew up in the late 70's and early 80's are the ones who really don't care about race and embrace each other regardless of racial differences.
Agree with everything stated.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:20 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Where did you get the idea people wanted you to be ashamed of your race. Why are you even thinking about your skin color? Is that the only burning issue occupying your mind? Skin color obsession?
What exactly are people doing to you that makes you afraid to be white.
I don't get it,
...mocks poster for thinking that people will call him a Nazi sympathizer for being proud of white ancestors.
Quote:
Edit to add: I think I get it. You want to know why people take offense at a bunch of white guys walking around a synagogue with torches chanting "blood and soil!"
Maybe you feel everybody's picking on you because of your obvious whiteness.
...proceeds to call poster a Nazi sympathizer.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:42 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Most of my white ancestors were murdered by White Supremacists. Who should I be proud of?
Yourself...if you feel it.

The rest of this stuff is rubbish.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:43 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Where did you get the idea people wanted you to be ashamed of your race. Why are you even thinking about your skin color? Is that the only burning issue occupying your mind? Skin color obsession?
What exactly are people doing to you that makes you afraid to be white.
I don't get it, or maybe this is the start of another race based Russian troll thread.

Edit to add: I think I get it. You want to know why people take offense at a bunch of white guys walking around a synagogue with torches chanting "blood and soil!"
Maybe you feel everybody's picking on you because of your obvious whiteness.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c00_story.html

Liberals, Media Lose Their Mind Over Signs That Say 'It's Okay To Be White' | Daily Wire

'It's okay to be white' flyers posted on doors of Montgomery Blair HS in Md. | WJLA

Saskatoon latest city where ‘It’s okay to be white’ poster appears | Saskatoon StarPhoenix

https://www.rt.com/usa/408749-okay-to-be-white-4chan/

Having 'white nuclear family' promotes white supremacy, says New York professor, report says | Fox News

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10005

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...old-his-class/

storybreak stars<\/title><path d="M5.146 9.01l-.19-3.623 3.057 1.985.693-1.197-3.213-1.67 3.213-1.638-.693-1.197-3.056 1.953L5.147 0H3.76l.158 3.623L.893 1.67.2 2.867l3.214 1.638L.2 6.175l.693 1.197 3.025-1.985L3.76 9.01m21.386 0l-.19-3.623 3.057 1.9

https://www.salon.com/2015/01/09/5_r...acist_partner/

Idiot doesn't understand that being proud of who you are is not racist.

Or you can check out Twitter to see what all the hateful lefties are saying over there. I'm afraid most of them I cannot link because of the cursing that is not allowed on this forum, and I have no way to edit what these people have said.

The left can all do the same old song and dance that always goes on in this forum. Pretend it doesn't exist, pretend it's not happening, pretend, pretend, pretend, and then, a few years later, or less, it comes out, for the world to see - and it was something they all knew all along. It's happened before, it will happen again. Liberals are liars and not to be trusted.

This is all over the place. Maybe if people never leave their sheltered little world, they don't see it, and MSM sure as hell isn't going to reveal what these far left jackasses are doing - but it's happening.

Some of these articles are a couple of years old that is how long this has been building. Indoctrination takes time.

As for my opinion: Anyone who wants to say idiotic BS like has been said on this thread by lefties - Congratulations. The left just proved a bunch of autists on 4Chan right. You know, those people that most think are all young, stupid, and live in their parents' basements? They outsmarted all the leftist twits with a simple comment. The left has been losing it the past couple of days, revealing exactly who are the bigoted, racist, pr*cks in this country. Which, we already knew, but it's fun to see how stupid the left is that they started screeching before taking the time to think about it. Knee jerk reactions by racists.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:49 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestResident View Post
Thank You for one of the few Serious Mature Responses. I agree there nothing wrong in being proud of Ancestors and taking pride in their achievements and their Culture. You are right. I agree with your whole pose. What made America Great in the first place was that we were a melting pot of different races, ethnicities, cultures, religious beliefs, etc. We are all Americans. I love Native American History not just because I have some Native Ancestry but it very interesting and their culture.

On your last question, I may tomorrow wish I posted this question in Genealogy forum.

My 2nd great-grandfather on my maternal grandfather side was a great and honorable man with good morals. He wasn't rich by any means but was a rancher who provided and cared for his Wife (my great-great grandmother) and 9 Children. He was not an alcoholic, never unfaithful, he never beat his wife or children and never abandoned them or gave up when times were tough. He works hard to earn a living and keep a roof over his family Heads and made sure they had Money for Food and Clothes. My great-grandma would say he the hardest working man she knew (sometime work 14 hours a day 7 days a week) and the person she most admired as a child. He loves this Family and took care of them. He did not have a mean bone in his body for anyone no matter beliefs or race. Did he make mistakes? I am sure he did but no one perfect. He never murdered aor rape nyone. He taught his children good values to never lie, steal, cheat and to behave the way you should behave and treat others with kindness. Both of my great-grandma Parents taught their kids that. They had a stable and happy home with parents who loved each other who had a good, happy and healthy Marriage. They may have disciplined their children but never did it in a way that made them fearful.

They provided their kids with a happy and loving home. I am not saying it was like the Waltons or Brady Bunch in any way but the kids were never unhappy and knew they were loved. They actually had a better home life than a lot of their cousins. They gave their kids the bedt possible life they could. My great great grandfather never believed he was entilted and that he earned some sprt pf ‘white privileged’

My 2nd great grandmother was a strong women who would never put up with his BS

If a white person can't be proud of an Ancestor then I don't know what you can be proud of. Being proud of an ancestor can be anything.

I understand that would happen and expected it

NorthwestResident
"On your last question, I may tomorrow wish I posted this question in Genealogy forum."
"I understand that would happen and expected it"

Well, you certainly have provided a large soapbox for all the victimized, oppressed, white nationalists who tend to frequent this forum.
A valid thread in the genealogy forum as you suggested, but post in P&OC it's going to be politicized and made controversial.
Nature of the beast.

Last edited by mohawkx; 11-03-2017 at 09:07 PM..

Old 11-03-2017, 09:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Yourself...if you feel it.

The rest of this stuff is rubbish.
Are you saying everything I do, good or bad, isn't because of the color of my skin or my heritage? Heretic!!

The "I'm XXX and I'm Proud" is a bunch of garbage the lemmings fall for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies