Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 09:37 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
California leaders ask President Trump for $7.4 billion in wildfire relief - SFGate

I guess they need the federal government more than they think. Personally, I hope the assistance is denied as Trump has already given them more than enough.

That 7 billion dollars would be better spent in Florida and Texas than in California.
California is part of the United States. Honestly, with your thinking why does the federal government need to help states at all. Why not leave it up to the each state to help themselves with disasters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 10:41 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Lots of people are mentioning about FEMA helping homeowners.

However, FEMA pays for a lot of stuff that's not related to private homes.

They pay for the police and fire staff and the shelter staff and the street cleanup crews and the safety people that worked throughout the emergency. They help with municipal infrastructure like parks and roads and bridges and street signs that were destroyed. The cleanup and disposal from disasters is a massive effort and FEMA helps with that.
Yes, just trash removal was a huge issue after the sewer back up emergency I experienced. The regular trash collecting services could not handle the immense amount of garbage that piled up, and much of it was quickly becoming dangerous and toxic. They provided cleaning supplies that had been completely sold out at local stores. What we experienced was nothing compared to the utter destruction of a major hurricane or wildfire but it still felt immense and traumatic. We just needed help and experienced people who could help organize everything. Complaining about politics has no place in that type of situation.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:45 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The hatred going both ways should be irrelevant. It's childish on both sides and shouldn't be a factor on whether or not a state receives Federal help when a disaster strikes. How petty some people are.
When did Trump say he wasn't giving CA the requested money or is that just someone making assumptions?

Trump never said that. The OP and other's are claiming that CA doesn't deserve any help because the state in general doesn't support Trump enough. It's ridiculous, people need to learn to turn the partisan politics off once in awhile.

Old 11-04-2017, 10:53 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Trump never said that. The OP and other's are claiming that CA doesn't deserve any help because the state in general doesn't support Trump enough. It's ridiculous, people need to learn to turn the partisan politics off once in awhile.
It has nothing to do with Trump. I and I'm sure others are tired of the arrogant a-holes who live in California. The LWNJs are always blabbering and whining about how their brilliant state subsidizes the rest of the poor, dumb country. Clearly they don't need any help and if they do they can get it from Mexico and Silicon Valley.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
It has nothing to do with Trump. I and I'm sure others are tired of the arrogant a-holes who live in California. The LWNJs are always blabbering and whining about how their brilliant state subsidizes the rest of the poor, dumb country. Clearly they don't need any help and if they do they can get it from Mexico and Silicon Valley.
Aww. You mad, bro?

Still waiting for those coal jobs to appear?

Old 11-04-2017, 11:07 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Aww. You mad, bro?

Still waiting for those coal jobs to appear?
Nope, I'm as educated as any of the morons in California. I also have 100x the common sense of those twits, which is why I thankfully left. California is a state full of arrogant intolerant fools and the best thing I ever did was to leave. It's not even a blue state thing, as I have happily lived in deep ble Maryland for over 15 years. California and its inhabitants are just awful.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:22 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
California leaders ask President Trump for $7.4 billion in wildfire relief - SFGate

I guess they need the federal government more than they think. Personally, I hope the assistance is denied as Trump has already given them more than enough.

That 7 billion dollars would be better spent in Florida and Texas than in California.
I thought California was a rich state that had more than they needed. Can't they cover it?

Old 11-05-2017, 12:28 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
Didn't an illegal undocumented whatever start the fire?
Let me guess - Fox news?

Old 11-05-2017, 12:40 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Have you ever been to the area where these fires occurred? The majority of the houses that were destroyed were in subdivisions or in well developed suburban areas.
You clearly don't know how fires work. Look at 2003 in san diego, entire suburban areas burned. It happened again and will happen again. once a fire is going and the conditions are perfect nothing is going to stop it.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:42 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
the state just implemented another 12 cent a gallon tax on us its supposed to generate 5.2 billion. Don't send a penny here the state will waste it on illegals and making life easy on criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies