Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 06:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
And the case was dismissed because when the City Manager reviewed the case he decided that a license is not required to sell lemonade and an apology was given to the girl and her family. Don't you feel silly now, wasting all that time calling me names and carrying on about this?

California girl, 5, cited for operating lemonade stand without a license | Fox News
you JUST DEFENDED it, dont YOU feel silly now.. haha

ps, a license IS required in much of the country.. I'm involved with a lemonade aid stand promotion that tries to get kids to sell license to encourage entrepreneurship all on the same day, this is the main issue we've faced..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
It would be great if you would quit twisting words and misrepresenting what people have said.
So you agree with President Trump then that illegals shouldnt be here?

Either you do, or you dont..

Old 11-04-2017, 06:15 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
I have never seen anyone selling perishable food from stolen shopping carts and by looking at people I guess I'm not as good as you in determining their immigration status, or maybe I'm just not obsessed with it. But every weekend the Sheriff is citing people for selling tamales and fruit from carts or the back of their cars.
Call me just crazy but I kinda have a good sense that someone selling tamales, fruit juices and fresh fruit out of a stolen shopping cart has a pretty good chance of being illegal. Of course, I've only lived in CA for 50 years and have never, not one time seen a police officer shut them down or even stop to ask them for a license. In fact, I use to work in the City of Santa Ana which is practically the illegal alien capital of So Cal and I would see stolen shopping carts being used for everything from baby strollers to laundry baskets on wheels. You don't need to be telepathic to figure it out although you can deny all you want if that's what you choose to do. I choose not to do that.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Call me just crazy but I kinda have a good sense that someone selling tamales, fruit juices and fresh fruit out of a stolen shopping cart has a pretty good chance of being illegal. Of course, I've only lived in CA for 50 years and have never, not one time seen a police officer shut them down or even stop to ask them for a license. In fact, I use to work in the City of Santa Ana which is practically the illegal alien capital of So Cal and I would see stolen shopping carts being used for everything from baby strollers to laundry baskets on wheels. You don't need to be telepathic to figure it out although you can deny all you want if that's what you choose to do. I choose not to do that.
At the very least, they should be charged with receiving stolen property, i.e. the shopping cart..

but hey.. some are ok with criminals.. unless of course youre selling lemonade, that just crosses the line...

Old 11-04-2017, 06:21 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
California pays more than its fair share of federal tax dollars and deserves emergency relief as much as any other state.

How about the next time the Mississippi flows over its banks and floods or a tornado wipes out a town in the south or midwest, as happens every spring, we just tell them to move somewhere else.
false....quit lying

your statement would be false...your forgot all the money of the following:

sorry you are miss informed

if you look at all the federal money that goes to California...it is way more than what cali pays in taxes

what most don't count:

all your national guard troops and facilities.....paid for by the federal government

all the military bases (32 of them), and the 40 thousand federal troops....paid for by the federal government.......and all those Soldiers, Marines, Airmen and Sailors who work there...spend FEDERAL MONEY IN CALIFORNIA

all the defense contractors.... (55 billion worth)

the 28 national parks, and its federal employees (which you receive federal monies for)

36 national natural landmarks (for which you receive federal money for upkeep)....

145 national historic landmarks(for which you receive federal money for upkeep...

9 wild and scenic rivers...managed and paid by the national parks service....paid for by the federal government

******45% of all California LAND IS FEDERAL OWNED******... 45 million acres are federally owned...in otherwords California owns just over half of its self

then there is the money Cali OWES the federal government....California borrowed $10 billion from the federal government to shore up its recession-battered Unemployment Insurance Fund. Even though the state’s economy is now booming, it still owes the feds about $8 billion.
California is paying interest on the loan, an estimated $174.5 million this year, according to a new report from the state Employment Development Department, and the balance is shrinking only because in lieu of direct payments, the Department of Labor has raised taxes on employers.

not to mention all the 'other' federal agencies that have FEDERAL employees in California....200,000 FEDERAL employees (most making atleast 60k)... you lose all that FEDERAL incomes and revenue that the FEDERAL government GIVES your state...these employees SPEND money in your state

then look at all the FEDERAL money going to secondary schools:

BS USC-Berkeley --$370 million in funding from the federal government

USC- Los Angeles-- $250 million in 2016

UCLA and its two sister campus' get 9 billion in federal funds annually
.....$3 billion in research grants. Nearly four-fifths of the funds are awarded by the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation. UC is the nation’s largest recipient of federal funding for research and related projects, with UC San Francisco, UC San Diego and UCLA receiving the largest grants.
.....$3.5 billion to UC medical centers for Medicare and Medicaid patients.
.....$1.6 billion in financial aid to UC students for federal Pell Grants, work-study awards, graduate fellowships and other grants and scholarships.
.....$800 million to operate the federal Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
UCLA’s budget is approximately $6.7 billion. State funding accounts for only six percent of total revenues
About 39 percent of undergraduates receive Pell Grants, federal aid

University of California, San Diego....Total federal R&D grant money 2016 : $637 million
Stanford University........................ Total federal R&D grant money 2016 : $656 million....Stanford took in nearly $72 million from the Department of Defense and $445 million from HHS

45.8% of California land is FEDERAL OWNED
nearly half of cali is federal owned....hmmm https://ballotpedia.org/Federal_land_ownership_by_state

when you look at federal money going to California...they get BILLIONS more, than they pay into the federal coffers

plus cali still owes the feds for a 20 billion loan it got
California borrowed $20 billion from the federal government to shore up its recession-battered Unemployment Insurance Fund. Even though the state’s economy is now booming, it still owes the feds about $9 billion.
California is paying interest on the loan, an estimated $174.5 million this year, according to a new report from the state Employment Development Department, and the balance is shrinking only because in lieu of direct payments, the Department of Labor has raised taxes on employers.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:33 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
At the very least, they should be charged with receiving stolen property, i.e. the shopping cart..

but hey.. some are ok with criminals.. unless of course youre selling lemonade, that just crosses the line...
Well, I used to laugh about it because it seemed like if you make it over the border illegally, you are rewarded by the local authorities by being given a shopping cart from the market of your choice that serves so many purposes. Who would have known you could save yourself the expense of buying a baby stroller and use a shopping cart to lug your kids around town?

Old 11-04-2017, 06:42 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
As I said, I have never seen anyone sell food out of a stolen shopping cart. The food carts the vendors use here are either homemade or commercial small food carts on wheels, some are designed to keep food warm and others have a built in refrigerator. If you want to continue arguing over something this silly find someone else because this is boring and silly

Old 11-04-2017, 06:44 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
California leaders ask President Trump for $7.4 billion in wildfire relief - SFGate

I guess they need the federal government more than they think. Personally, I hope the assistance is denied as Trump has already given them more than enough.

That 7 billion dollars would be better spent in Florida and Texas than in California.
Nice to see that you think families suffering from natural disasters in California are less deserving of federal aid than those living in Houston and Florida, purely for partisan reasons. How disgusting. Naturally you'd be a Trumper.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
California leaders ask President Trump for $7.4 billion in wildfire relief - SFGate

I guess they need the federal government more than they think. Personally, I hope the assistance is denied as Trump has already given them more than enough.

That 7 billion dollars would be better spent in Florida and Texas than in California.
Smart business move -- go for what you can. That's what Trump did...and bragged about.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:54 PM

587 posts, read 304,635 times
No ! They all promised to balance the budget and have only raised taxes, Also these global warming Terrorist are attacking California Farmers using their global warming tactics to steal their land, its serious do not fund these criminals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies