Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 05:43 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"In a shocking development, Saudi press Al Mayadeen reported late on Saturday that prominent billionaire, member of the royal Saudi family, and one of the biggest shareholders of Citi, News Corp. and Twitter - not to mention frequent CNBC guest - Al-Waleed bin Talal, along with ten senior princes, and some 38 ministers, has been arrested for corruption and money laundering charges on orders from the new anti-corruption committee headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, while Royal princes’ private planes have been grounded."

In Shocking Purge, Saudi King Arrests Billionaire Prince Bin Talal, Dozens Of Others In Cabinet Crackdown | Zero Hedge

Top Saudi royal ousted, princes arrested in anti-corruption probe | New York Post
Is it true the arrested Princes are tied to the Clintons and Obama? I really don't know. Enlighten me and what are the connections of those arrested to the Mandalay in Vegas? I'm not on Twitter or Facebook.

The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity : Bombshell Revelation of US and Saudi Culpability in Creating ISIS Ignored by Mainstream Media

Quote:
"The White House has released more details about a phone call between President Donald Trump and Saudi Arabia's King Salman, but the statement did not make any reference to the overnight arrests of high-level princes and officials in the kingdom. The White House statement said Sunday that Trump and Salman discussed counterterrorism efforts, "the continuing threat of Iranian-backed Houthi militias in Yemen" and Saudi Arabia's interception of a missile fired from Yemen at its capital, Riyadh. President Trump also thanked the monarch for Saudi Arabia's military purchases, including a $15 billion investment in the American-made THAAD anti-ballistic missile defense system.The president also asked the king to strongly consider listing state-oil firm Aramco on a stock exchange in the United States, which Trump had earlier mentioned in a tweet."

The Latest: Ritz Carlton 'evaluating' situation in Riyadh | The Sacramento Bee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2017, 06:15 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
I doubt it has anything to do with Clinton, Obama, or Trump. It probably has more to do with Saudi Arabia being a dictatorship, and the Crown Prince removing any threats to his future rule.

Old 11-05-2017, 07:51 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I doubt it has anything to do with Clinton, Obama, or Trump. It probably has more to do with Saudi Arabia being a dictatorship, and the Crown Prince removing any threats to his future rule.
Sadly, I suspect you're right.

I'd LOVE to think that this was a sign that finally a ruler of SA was truly interested in good governance..

But - I doubt it.

And the OP's suggestion that the Saudis had something to do with Paddock is, um - farfetched.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:03 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

I'd LOVE to think that this was a sign that finally a ruler of SA was truly interested in good governance..

But - I doubt it.
I don't.

https://www.memri.org/reports/saudi-...-saudi-arabiar

Old 11-05-2017, 08:07 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Interesting that Jared Kushner just came back from a secret trip to SA before this happened.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:07 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Al-Waleed bin Talal is a Trump pal. He pulled Trump's fat out of the fire when he was going bankrupt from bad decisions. He bought his yacht and invested in Trump Plaza Hotel. During the campaign,though, he was critical of Trump for statements he made and his demeanor on the trail.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:10 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,181,559 times
The Al-Saud clan are a bunch of degenerate hypocrites universally despised by other Arabs. Yet the Trumpster made his first foreign trip to the kingdom. I guess that business comes first and to heck with human rights.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

But - I doubt it.

And the OP's suggestion that the Saudis had something to do with Paddock is, um - farfetched.
Maybe not any connection to Paddock, but SA has been linked to 9-11 in the past in various ways, plus, any investigation into corruption in SA, is probably going to eventually uncover some ties to well known US politicians, (which I highly doubt they would let happen).

Old 11-05-2017, 08:20 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
It has to do with the upcoming (2018) IPO for Aramco. Cleaning house so they can get listed on the better stock exchanges.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
This is exactly why.

Why we continue any alliance with Saudi is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies