Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2017, 06:16 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,107,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
REAL man there. Sees a bad situation and risks his own to try to fix it.

Brass balls endorsement for his man card.

Can we send him to the next Antifa riot?
And just when I was about to agree with you..... It is White Nationalists/KKK who kill people, not Antifa.

Rememeber Heather Heyer? She was murdered by White Nationalists two months ago. So don't you DARE spread FAKE NEWS and bring up Antifa as if they're the ones killing people. White Nationalists are violent and murdering scum.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 06:19 AM

764 posts, read 235,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I absolutely applaud the actions of this one man who saw the situation and took action. He probably stopped more killings, as the shooter was (as I understand it) dressed to disguise his appearance and may have not stopped with this one event.

However, most non trained civilians FREEZE when confronted with something like this, even if they are armed. We go through life, never expecting to encounter a man doing what this man did, and it takes time for our brain to tell us it is really happening. In that split moment, the killer has the upper hand.

It is nice to quote this one story as why armed citizens will stop murderers, but , in reality, a lot of them would panic and not be able to perform. In that panic, here is what most people would do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s&t=192s

I also wonder how many would shoot other bystanders instead of hitting the intended target?
I would also like to see the same scenario with concealed carriers who are not new to firearms, and train, and where the "bad guy" does not know who they are or where they are.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:24 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
And just when I was about to agree with you..... It is White Nationalists/KKK who kill people, not Antifa.

Rememeber Heather Heyer? She was murdered by White Nationalists two months ago. So don't you DARE spread FAKE NEWS and bring up Antifa as if they're the ones killing people. White Nationalists are violent and murdering scum.

Yea, they just steal from people in wheel chairs.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:24 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
If something is prescribed for a "mental condition" and a law was passed to take away rights due to mental conditions, how would a doctors note" change anything? Aside from that, the NICS is not setup to bypass checks with a "note".

I understand that. NICs with ATF 4473 isn't setup to work like a school nurse. It's not a handwritten note situation. Federal law is often unbending.
I tried to explain that . Poster wanted to talk about hypotheticals. Law does not recognize hypotheticals.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:25 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
We need more like Willeford after Trump signed legislation allowing nut cases to be armed to the teeth.
This case had Nothing to do with that legislation, you know that right?

This has more to do with the Air Force failing to do their Job, and a Domestic Dispute gone very badly.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:31 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,082,296 times
Even if the Air Force had done their job correctly and Kelley ran into trouble trying to purchase a gun, he would likely go out of his way to get one by other means, if he was that intent on doing what he did.

I have yet to hear that anyone intent on doing something like this was incarcerated because they attempted to buy a gun and was turned down. Not sure we would hear about it if it did happen, though.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:38 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
This is an issue more and more churches are beginning to address since they are obvious targets of monsters, lots of people (targets) in one place, the location itself will give them fame, and they know people feel safe there and hence will not likely be armed. I know of at least two churches that now have members with a CCL that are armed and keeping an eye on the church goers, a smart move in my opinion. I would add the same thing should be occurring in the schools, another prime target for those wanting to shoot lots of people. It is simply he world we live in these days and I do not see it changing for the better in the near future, so the prudent thing to do is ensure the issue can be dealt with as soon as possible.
It depends on the State. In Florida CCL owners can carry in churches. They are not gun free zones. I just don't know what would happen if there was a shootout between an attacker and multiple church members given the crowd and panicked people running around. I have a licence to carry, but I have never carried to church.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:41 AM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Not sure if anyone posted this but this guy really is a Hero. The killer could have potentially killed many more. Worth it to hear what really happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HEchh0XD8
Poor guy. Imagine a small town like this where everyone knows all the victims personally . Very sad.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:41 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
This case had Nothing to do with that legislation, you know that right?

This has more to do with the Air Force failing to do their Job, and a Domestic Dispute gone very badly.
But it's ok when your guy willingly wants this to happen in the future?

Talk about do nothing. Or make it worse.

Old 11-07-2017, 06:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Wow!
Steven Crowder got an exclusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies