Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:39 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
Back when cable television was fairly new, I read a commentary in which the writer warned about how easy it would be to make cable television two-way. He speculated that telescreens, a la "1984," could become a reality in a less-distant future than we might think. I read this and laughed. I'm not laughing anymore.
Two way cable has been a reality for many years. Got Pay-Per-View? Is cable Internet available in your area? Have a "digital" cable box on top of the TV? All of these things require two-way communication across the wire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 05:50 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,757,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
In order to Establish a More Secure Union we must have a way to observe the activities of all our citizens. Therefor we will establish a REAL ID SYSTEM based on a radio frequency chip to be inserted into the buttocks of every citizen (or illegal alien willing to pay the bribe) when they take part in any government activity such as voting or renewing their driver’s license. All babies shall have an ID chip inserted immediately after birth.

These chips will replace all other forms of identification and be required when entering government buildings such as town offices, libraries, motor vehicle offices and any and all Federal buildings. The ID will be needed to use any and all credit cards or travel on any public transport like subways, taxis, railroads and airplanes.

The data collected will be stored on a central database and track, with or without the citizen knowing the RFID chip has been queried, all location, travel, banking, credit cars, telephone calls, including cell phones, and proximity to other citizens. Future advanced chips will monitor individual health status to protect citizens from medical emergencies and allow automatic dispatch of emergency services in the event of an individual crisis and, eventually, proximity to anyone known to have a sexually transmittable disease.

Access to all the information will be restricted to government officials such as draft boards, law enforcement, the political police, political parties, selected financial institutions and the citizen’s employer.

Remember this program is for your protection and ours. Remember, honest people have nothing to hide, and will not be able to anyway.

Sincerely, B. Brother, Secretary of the Official ID chip program.

Do you really think I am exaggerating?
The government already has all that data. It's just not very well organized in a hodgepodge of disparite systems.

I support a universal ID because having a Driver's license, a different one for each state is simply an inadequate ad-hoc form of ID.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:01 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
RealID for us..NAIS for the animals..not the big feedlots run by corporate firms but the small backyard farmer NAIS - National Animal Identification System

Putting chips in driver's license is but the tip of the iceburg there are embedded chips out there already.

RFID Lowdown: 33 Ways RFID Has Invaded Your Life
It's all about control. They (the power hungry politicans in the govt) want total control over people. Control the food, control the people. Most people won't give up driving so control that and you control the people. And on and on it goes. They're doing their best to make it difficult for people to live independently of the "system" and free from govt. control. And the mass media spoon feeds fear mongering propaganda to the masses and they go along with it thinking it'll make them safe, but as Ben Franklin correctly said, they who give up liberty for the promise of protection in the end get neither...it's no wonder history is so poorly taught these days, if people understood it better they would realize what's being done to them.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I find it comforting that the governmnent still seems to fear us. This the reason for the ID system. BTW it eventually will not be a RFID chip in your wallet. It will be an RFID chip in your butt!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:33 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,886,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
If you really want a reason to be concerned when it comes to "them" "finding you whenever they want," look into the technologies mandated by the federal government with regard to cellphones and 911 service.
Fortunately for me, my cell is untraceable, well, at least my name is in no way connected to my number. Woot for trak phones.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:43 PM

473 posts, read 1,245,504 times
If you have nothing to hide why do you care? We haven't had an attack on US soil in 7 years!!! Do you know how amazing that is considering how porous our borders are and how many people want to kill us? The reason more Americans aren't dead is because of the laws you say are unjust. For all you pot head liberals who have something to hide, suck it up, people's lives are at stake. Go move to Cuba or France and smoke pot and collect your welfare checks. The hard working americans here who will sacrifice a little to fight terrorism aren't going away anytime soon.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:44 PM

Justin, are you the unibomber's son? You are pretty dang scared of the govt. Perhaps the govt should be watching you.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
If you have nothing to hide why do you care? We haven't had an attack on US soil in 7 years!!! Do you know how amazing that is considering how porous our borders are and how many people want to kill us? The reason more Americans aren't dead is because of the laws you say are unjust. For all you pot head liberals who have something to hide, suck it up, people's lives are at stake. Go move to Cuba or France and smoke pot and collect your welfare checks. The hard working americans here who will sacrifice a little to fight terrorism aren't going away anytime soon.
You assume so much. What makes you think I don't work? What makes you think I am a liberal? A pot head?

I have nothing to hide. I like my privacy. If you also have nothing to hide, where you draw the line of government intrusion? A camera in your home? Well I guess if you have nothing to hide...

Old 03-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Camera in your home is over the line.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
Camera in your home is over the line.
I think a chip in your pocket is over the line, but to each his own. It is a slippery slope, 50 years ago, requiring Americans to essentially have chips with them was science fiction, now it's the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies