Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 09:40 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,029 times

Advertisements

The problem is there aren't massive state institutions to lock up the sick and keep them out of society any more. Mediation has become the preferred method of treatment. So its up to the individual to make sure they're up on their meds. So if someone has dangerous behavior tendencies...pills it is. They havent committed a crime so you can't lock them up. Legally this opens a lot of doors. You can argue well no access to firearms to you if we deem you sick/dangerous or a former felon. As in NYC a rented truck can cause a lot of damage if someone were that motivated. I do agree with limiting those persons access to weapons though.

Banning firearms....well ok but theres already like 100 million so good luck. Not to mention you just put 100's of thousands out of work.

If stopping mass shootings is the goal, national carry is actually a good option. All these shootings happen where there will be 0 resistance and easy targets. None of the perps have any firearms or tactical training, loner type, no friends.....willing to bet they would cower away at the sight of multiple potential weapons pointing back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 10:04 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,615,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Holy smokes! You've actually done it! I've always wondered what it would be like to murder someone, especially with a knife. I imagine it must be a very primal feeling. Of course I'd never act on it, but it's one of those things you occasionally ponder, "what would it be like".

I wasn't the one who used a knife to stop an attack. And it wasn't murder. He lived. And the after effects of that attack and defense were horrible. Unimaginable. Your attempt at making humor of it is not even funny. The emotional effects were truly heart wrenching to see. In the end the effects of the attack combined with other factors took her life. There was nothing "cool" about it and if you're imagining "what it would be like" you need serious help.

She defended herself. With the only means she had. How it felt for her I can't even begin to understand. But it was a demon that would not let go. That's about all I can say. What such an assault is like for a woman is something a man can never fully understand. I tried. Put everything I had into it. But there are some feelings and emotions that only the one experiencing them can know how it really feels.

This is the type of predator slithering around out there. Even if a woman fights off such an attack it leaves something behind. There is no understanding of some things from the outside looking in. Yea. Hope you got a good laugh man. Keep on imagining. But be careful what you wish for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies