Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 03:46 PM

30,020 posts, read 18,869,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They just can't stick with the facts and tell the whole story. They are driven to find ways to make Trump look bad and their editors are good at doing that.
-------------------------
Left-wing CNN has been caught red-handed selectively-editing a Donald Trump quote as a means to make the president look foolish during his overseas trip to Japan.

In its second piece of very fake news launched against Trump Monday morning (here is the first), CNN’s snarky and dishonest headline reads, “Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does.” In order to justify its misleading headline, CNN lies through omission by deliberately publishing only part of Trump’s statement during a meeting with Japanese automakers on Monday:

“Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so,” is the only part of what Trump said that CNN bothers to quote.

CNN then points and laughs at Trump’s ignorance with this deceptive fact check: “Japanese automakers, however, already have huge factories in the U.S. that churn out millions of cars each year.”

But in order to mock the president, the fake news factory that is CNN misleads its readers by not quoting Trump in full, a quote which very clearly shows the president is not only fully aware of that fact that Japanese automakers make cars in America, but that he is grateful to them for doing so:

And we love it when you build cars — if you’re a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That’s not rude. Is that rude? I don’t think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That’s big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They’re going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it. (Applause.)

Very Fake News: CNN Selectively Edits Trump Quote on Japanese Auto Production In U.S.
Anyone with a brain knows that CNN lies and distorts everything they say with regard to President Trump...they are, Certainly Not News (CNN).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 04:23 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,516,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
mmm, no. looks like someone is gonna have to baby-step you through this complex topic.

he says they do, and then says they need to make more here instead of shipping them over.

clear enough for ya?
No, no he didn't.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:31 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
They just can't stick with the facts and tell the whole story. They are driven to find ways to make Trump look bad and their editors are good at doing that.
-------------------------
Left-wing CNN has been caught red-handed selectively-editing a Donald Trump quote as a means to make the president look foolish during his overseas trip to Japan.

In its second piece of very fake news launched against Trump Monday morning (here is the first), CNN’s snarky and dishonest headline reads, “Trump asks Japan to build cars in the U.S. It already does.” In order to justify its misleading headline, CNN lies through omission by deliberately publishing only part of Trump’s statement during a meeting with Japanese automakers on Monday:
It's called "The Spin". Take something, even if it's good and word the title in such a way that it misleads the people.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,441,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Imagine taking statements out of context. Nobody ever did that to Obama!

I agree that CNN should not stoop to the Fox/Breitbart method of reporting news.
How about Hillary's "We're going to put coal miners out of work"? Talking about taking out of context.

But, as usual, the conservative snowflakes can dish it out but they cannot take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How about the fact that Trump said to world leaders "I had no idea we had so many countries."
I mean - that was my personal favorite.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:48 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Tell me that MSM and Cable news has not been politicized?
No wonder they want alternative internet media shutdown, so they can run the narrative of lies, like they did before the internet.

The truth starts trending on Twitter, and they manipulate the results to some MSM article that has 1/10000th of the retweets.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:53 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,678,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Hello??? Did you even read what you posted? CNN was 100% accurate. Jesus Christ. And the ignorant cons responding didn't bother to read either.
Hello!!!! Did you even read what you posted? It's 100% wrong. Try to get over your Trump hate.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:56 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,655,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How about Hillary's "We're going to put coal miners out of work"? Talking about taking out of context.

But, as usual, the conservative snowflakes can dish it out but they cannot take it.

I mean - that was my personal favorite.
Yes. During the 2016 elections they were interviewing a Republican in WV that was promoting the whole Hillary wants to put coal miners out of work meme. They asked "so is coal coming back?" He goes "oh no, it's never coming back, not really, coal has been dying for decades but these miners don't want to hear that". I've thought of that interview, how he was trying to drive anti-Hillary messaging but when asked directly, he didn't even pretend, he said outright that natural gas has taken over coal and beyond that, there's not much coal left to mine in Appalachia and what little is left won't employ many anyway. Conservative news was only too happy to twist the story as they have for years, so complaints from them fall completely flat.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:58 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,381,475 times
Just another pathetic thread from Trump minion cry babies who can't stand the truth about President Nut Job.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:05 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,480,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I said that he would win the electoral, and lose the popular. That doesn't suddenly make my opinion on this topic more valid then yours. Nor does it suddenly make you some great oracle...in fact...can you point us all to where you predicted any of that here? Or is this another unsupported "fact"?
Actually you predicted that Hillary would win.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Exactly. You want to know how to give the election to Hillary? Put her against Trump.

So the better question is...how mad will conservatives be?
But to be fair, you did hedge your bets later on and said that if Trump won, it would possibly be by electoral. But you also said the same for Hillary too.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:07 PM

24,365 posts, read 22,967,222 times
Lots of weird stuff happening. The Saudi Arabia situation is huge and there are rumors going around that the Podestas have been arrested and Hillary is next. And this is all connected. Then there was the internet crash earlier today. We can't go to the MSM for the truth so we'll have to rely on alternative news for the possible reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies