Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 12:24 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
But you have to call the POLICE.

Dumb twit did not. And somehow I doubt it would have any long term ramifications.

"Can be" and "Will be" have a large gulf between them. My hometown is crawling with guys guilty of murder, robbery, rape, and a host of other ills yet walking the streets. They could be locked up but will they?

They're gonna toss a crazy guy into a cell because he yelled?

Please.

Welcome to Liberalism. We got the society we wanted.
Right, you just want a political rant, not solutions. That's pretty typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 12:48 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Here's a solution that won't need a government subsidy.

National stand your ground no duty to retreat. Amend that to the 2nd. Allow the people to defend against these attacks and watch how quick they stop.

Remove the incentive-gun free zones.
Untie the hands of the people. Allow them the right to defend themselves and fellow man in the event of such heinous atrocities.

Or...

Chalk up more good feels and spending without any discretion or oversight with little to no success at accomplishing anything other than typical throw tax payers money at a problem that will fix it!

Old 11-28-2017, 12:56 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:

More than once I have politely asked for specifics of what you would do. Nothing has been forthcoming. I even said I must might agree with you.

We both want the same thing, politics be damned.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Here's a solution that won't need a government subsidy.

National stand your ground no duty to retreat. Amend that to the 2nd. Allow the people to defend against these attacks and watch how quick they stop.
Nothing needs amended. I believe you have a right to carry and defend yourself. It wouldn't have stopped what happened in Vegas but it was I that said that nothing is perfect.

It's better to stop someone BEFORE there is a problem, but I have no problem with someone defending themselves after there is a problem.

It is NOT going to stop these kinds of things. Most go into it, knowing they are not going to last the day alive.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
More than once I have politely asked for specifics of what you would do. Nothing has been forthcoming. I even said I must might agree with you.

We both want the same thing, politics be damned.
We are in a thread where the argument is we need UHC so people can more easily access mental health. I should not have to explain that.

Old 11-28-2017, 01:19 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No.. Better argument for a fully armed society, when evil is all around you.
I say bring back mental institutions and problem solved, instead of taking my rights, because you allow these people to walk the streets in society with their full rights, the same as I.

If a person is not incarcerated, in bondage, or dead, they have their full rights to arms, as the Constitution states.
At what point, do people not become people anymore? The Constitution says, government does not get to decide for us.
A minimum 10% state income tax rate should be sufficient to operate " mental institutions" in your state.

Just think of all the jobs the state could create to build, maintain, secure and operate. Then you have to feed the patients and take care of their physical and mental health, plus medications.

May we assume you support?

Old 11-28-2017, 01:22 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Yes, we should all chip in.
Who is all?

Everyone? Every adult in this country? EVERY adult in this country?

Old 11-28-2017, 01:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
When asked whether U.S. gun control measures could have been the key to the Texas shooting, Trump replied, "Mental health is your problem here"

"This isn't a guns situation," he said, before adding, "This is a mental health problem at the highest level. It's a very, very sad event."

Mental illness is a public safety hazard.

Universal health care for all.
Lock up all the crazies.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:11 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
We are in a thread where the argument is we need UHC so people can more easily access mental health. I should not have to explain that.

Actually, you do have to explain it. You have to explain it very carefully and thoroughly.

You have to explain the exact structure of what you propose and how it differs from what is already available.

You have to explain how it will be funded.

You have to explain why Canada and Western Europe have UHC yet have the inevitable share of crazies living on the streets as does America.

Housing, meds, rehab, discipline- how will you do it?

Mostly you have to explain how the issues of civil liberties I raised are going to be addressed.

And that is just for starters. What you want is huge and ambitious.

A dismissive wave of the hand is not answering anything. Anybody can state they would do this in order to obtain that. All the results in is a vacuous piece of hackneyed rhetoric.

No, no, no. EXPLAIN- explain it all.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Actually, you do have to explain it. You have to explain it very carefully and thoroughly.

You have to explain the exact structure of what you propose and how it differs from what is already available.
No I don't. We are on a stupid message board. I am not writing health care policy. I support UHC so everyone that needs to access health care for whatever reason can do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies