Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 09:48 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,477,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The media reported what happened. How did they sensationalize it. It's not like they made up the events. Let's call it like it is....it was a terrorist act. When Isis claimed responsibility for killing 8 people in New York. Trump took advantage of this by saying this is why we need to close our borders, change the visa system...ect. Yet when 25 people are murdered in a church, no less....many being children. His response was our thoughts and prayers are with them and said it was too early to talk about gun control. The las vegas terrorist attack had 59 fatalities and more than 500 injured, same response. He blamed it on mental health but that's not good enough. Let's do something about it then. This keeps happening yet we are so desensitized to it that's is just becoming the norm for us now. Why do we live like this.
How did they sensationalize it? Oh you're being serious?

Hmm inflammatory language. I watched the reportings fox news live app on my phone. Could have sworn I was watching the emotional bunch from msnbc and cnn...

Here's an idea. Report it like Walter Cronkite stop saying it was an assault weapon or assault rifle or AR or AK just say it was done with a gun. Stop interjecting the words assault and weapon rifle together. That's dishonest as assault weapons are regulated and on a registry that are also ridiculously expensive.

I say stop reporting the incidents all together and leave them at a local level.

Want to do something about it? Tell your darling democrat leaders to stop shooting pro gun legislation down that comes with harsh penalties and more efficient and actual common sense like the Grassley Cruz bill that followed Sandy Hook.

That legislation would have prevented this scumbag from buying guns.

Proof positive there is no compromising with democrats when it comes to guns and common sense...
It's ban and have it all your way or no way. But because this legislation would have not only arrested those that lied on a 4473, and arrest those who were denied on an NICS check, it had pro gun legislation attached, your darlings shot it down.

Want to do something about it?

Get off your tissue boxes, *S*T*F*U* about what you are clueless and let those who do write the laws instead of this that and the other out of irrelevant emotional drivel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 09:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Quote:
Our country has one of the highest rates of death by guns in a developed world. But it's ok and just accepted. I don't have the answers but we don't try and do anything about it. We just chalk it up to someone else who is mentally ill and just move on. And then the next time it happens, we do the same. We can't just sit around and accept this.
80% of those gun deaths are suicide, and a large number of the rest are related to criminals and their activities. Suicide is definitely in the mental illness area, and laws mean little to criminals. The issue I have is what some people want to do about it will change nothing, except go after those that never were a danger to anyone to begin with. One has to look at the entire picture and the actual facts if they are truly serious about dealing with the issue. And yes, sadly there will always be people that will slip through the cracks and end up harming or killing others, for them there is no 100% solution.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:57 PM

31,933 posts, read 14,933,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
How did they sensationalize it? Oh you're being serious?

Hmm inflammatory language. I watched the reportings fox news live app on my phone. Could have sworn I was watching the emotional bunch from msnbc and cnn...

Here's an idea. Report it like Walter Cronkite stop saying it was an assault weapon or assault rifle or AR or AK just say it was done with a gun. Stop interjecting the words assault and weapon rifle together. That's dishonest as assault weapons are regulated and on a registry that are also ridiculously expensive.

I say stop reporting the incidents all together and leave them at a local level.

Want to do something about it? Tell your darling democrat leaders to stop shooting pro gun legislation down that comes with harsh penalties and more efficient and actual common sense like the Grassley Cruz bill that followed Sandy Hook.

That legislation would have prevented this scumbag from buying guns.

Proof positive there is no compromising with democrats when it comes to guns and common sense...
It's ban and have it all your way or no way. But because this legislation would have not only arrested those that lied on a 4473, and arrest those who were denied on an NICS check, it had pro gun legislation attached, your darlings shot it down.

Want to do something about it?

Get off your tissue boxes, *S*T*F*U* about what you are clueless and let those who do write the laws instead of this that and the other out of irrelevant emotional drivel.
You know what, I don't even buy tissues.... waste of money. I just use toilet paper to blow my nose Maybe if Reagan hadn't discarded the mental illness act and closed facilities we would have more or a handle on those with mental illness don't you think.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
You know what, I don't even buy tissues.... waste of money. I just use toilet paper to blow my nose Maybe if Reagan hadn't discarded the mental illness act and closed facilities we would have more or a handle on those with mental illness don't you think.
Ahh deflect to Reagan because you can't refute your side really dropped the ball...
I do agree the loons should be locked up. But at their expense not to the states expense or federal government's expense.

So what say you about that proposed legislation that is common sense and actual compromise?

Old 11-06-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
80% of those gun deaths are suicide, and a large number of the rest are related to criminals and their activities. Suicide is definitely in the mental illness area, and laws mean little to criminals. The issue I have is what some people want to do about it will change nothing, except go after those that never were a danger to anyone to begin with. One has to look at the entire picture and the actual facts if they are truly serious about dealing with the issue. And yes, sadly there will always be people that will slip through the cracks and end up harming or killing others, for them there is no 100% solution.
Aww hell I can't Rep you again... soon as I can I will regardless.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Ahh deflect to Reagan because you can't refute your side really dropped the ball...
I do agree the loons should be locked up. But at their expense not to the states expense or federal government's expense.

So what say you about that proposed legislation that is common sense and actual compromise?
Yes, it should be at our expense because our loved ones are getting killed. I would gladly pay to help keep the innocent alive.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:33 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,025,026 times
Not sure it's a gun issue; but rather a warped American culture issue. America is overrun with cowards that run for their gun at the slightest issue. Its the American way: speak loudly and hide behind your gun in order to feel high and mighty

Old 11-06-2017, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Yes, it should be at our expense because our loved ones are getting killed. I would gladly pay to help keep the innocent alive.
Nothing like spending other peoples money to get your way either.

Here is an idea... Use the crazies to work in fields picking produce, and use the crazies to clean communities, shovel sidewalks so on so forth.

Families cant afford it, put them to work.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:41 PM

Actually I have another idea...

Puerto Ricans are American Citizens. Bring them here.
Send the crazies to Puerto Rico.
They'll have their own crazy island to figure it out themselves.

Take the airplanes off of the island. Take boats away from the island. Put a couple Coast Guard/Navy ships out to patrol the waters to make sure there are no escapees.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Nothing like spending other peoples money to get your way either.

Here is an idea... Use the crazies to work in fields picking produce, and use the crazies to clean communities, shovel sidewalks so on so forth.

Families cant afford it, put them to work.
We all pay taxes, yet have no control how government spends it. In fact, do we even know where our money goes. NO! We have no idea because it's up to government not us. I would love to have an itemized bill where they have allotted our money each year. I get that from my home owners association so why not the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies