Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 01:15 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
When the article is read, it was a foster mother, not the father that said this. One doesn't get a foster mother when they have good parents to begin with. For some reason, this son was in foster care.

But more and more, we are seeing people killing their children and children killing their parents.

Yahoo is famous for such articles. I generally never read their news feed unless it is linked in here at C-D.

Some questions:

1. Why was the 14 year old living in an apartment alone?
2. I am wondering too why the father was arrested for "firearms possession" as that usually isn't illegal unless someone has been previously in trouble with the law, isn't that correct?
3. The foster mother states that the boy was abused for many years, I am taking it that the father abused him well before the question of his sexuality came up, and stated that she "thought" the father would rather have the son dead than gay. Perhaps, she was an expert at mind reading?

All that being said, it appears the father has been a continued waste of life for some time, and given the choice, I would fry him! I do think it is unfortunate that this story is being exploited as the father killing the boy because he was gay, as it appears to be much more than that.

I think a lot of questions need to be answered here. I think they said something about a "boyfriend" which would be fine, but not as a foster parent if that is the case who was providing the apartment, still no reason for the kid to be shot, but questions need to be answered. Foster care situations can be VERY bad, and if this is the case, they need to take a look at it. This was a 14 year old boy living in an apartment alone, something is not right. I checked the laws on emancipation in NV, and the boy would need to have been 16 years old, which he was not.

Where's the rest of the story? It wouldn't excuse the father, who I bet turns out to be a real piece of crap when all is said and done, but might help other children not fall through the cracks.
On your questions, I thought that the mother probably abused him not the dad. The dad may have not been in his life full time. I mostly think it is the mother who abused him because no comments were taken from her and only the foster mom was asked to comment.

For firearm possession, it could be that his firearm was not legally purchased.

I also agree there seems to be much more going on than just the boy was gay and that they had some deep problems but I also hope this man gets a long prison sentence, hopefully life. Teens can be hard to deal with but there is no excuse for killing your own kid IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2017, 03:39 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I have a friend who is so terrified of coming out to his family because they say all the time to him and his siblings, that god hates gays and it is an abomination. Gay people, according to my friends mother, are evil and will be dealt with accordingly.

He is just living as a straight man until he can move out on his own.
This has to be so awful, so limiting. Who knows how commonplace this sort of scenario still is, considering more openness these days. We would hear of those who were discovered to be Gay after having lived most of their lives "as straight". In later years, we have seen many able to be open and there having been more acceptance, however in certain environments, it is impossible, as mentioned.

The thing is, it seems that those who behave in this way toward others will be ones later "dealt with accordingly". Some constructed beliefs having been attached to religion have caused far too many problems. This confused, backward thinking and the treatment of others due to it needs to be eradicated. I wonder how long it may take?

Old 11-09-2017, 09:39 AM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Sickening. This story put me in such a foul mood when I first heard about it the other day.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:42 AM

18,489 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
“This is your brain on religion. Any questions?”

Old 11-12-2017, 03:09 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Hope he finds a boyfriend in prison....

Old 11-12-2017, 03:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Put him on trial, and if found guilty, lock the POS up.

Old 11-12-2017, 04:45 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Father Kills 14 Year-Old Son: 'He Would Rather Have a Dead Son Than a Gay Son'

What a deranged and evil thought.
The father never said that.. FAKE NEWS.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:09 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Give him hormones and a dress in prison!

Old 11-12-2017, 05:19 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
“This is your brain on religion. Any questions?”
One question:

Where was religion mentioned in either article posted in this thread?

Old 11-12-2017, 05:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
One question:

Where was religion mentioned in either article posted in this thread?
Why pass up such an opportunity to throw out some hate at people you don't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies