Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 06:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
This is what I find disturbing about hardcore conservatives they are so out of touch with there own countryman that they fantasize about shooting them. I guess thats what happens when your ideology preaches radical individualism and greed.

Ya, it is all a fantasy, wrapped around reality. When is this thing kicking off. I gotta get me some of dat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 06:23 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,937,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ya, it is all a fantasy, wrapped around reality. When is this thing kicking off. I gotta get me some of dat.
I'm quoting this so people can see what a disgusting individual you are.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:34 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I doubt it. Battle hardened, weak and starving to death, will be easy pickings, as they run out of resources.
But they wont be. You’ll be alone, in your acreage with all your guns and there’ll be 40 or 50 of them who have spent the entire time, post breakdown, taking what they want to survive. They will be strong, motivated killers.

So no matter how many guns you go buy, it will just be you.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:35 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,575,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)

Criminal scum.
That would not apply to a govt that has become tyrannical though.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:37 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
I guess I better erase the Planned Parenthood entries from my checkbook in anticipation of the coming Revolution!

Old 11-10-2017, 06:42 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Trump isn't going to "cut it". If people think that he or his administration can really do anything about our corrupt System (run by our corrupt Elite), then they are fooling themselves. The ONLY hope is an actual Revolution, just like in 1776.
Pre-emptive strike: "yeah, good luck with THAT, buddy..........let's see how you and your little Revolutionaries fare against tanks and Warthogs."
Nobody said it would be easy (or even likely to ever happen). But it's literally our only hope.
The only “revolution” we need is like the one we saw in Virginia this week where voters came out in droves to vote on their values while putting a smack down on Trumpism.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
But they wont be. You’ll be alone, in your acreage with all your guns and there’ll be 40 or 50 of them who have spent the entire time, post breakdown, taking what they want to survive. They will be strong, motivated killers.

So no matter how many guns you go buy, it will just be you.
There is a great book I am reading now - written by a military expert historian. It's called "On Killing" or something like that.

Only 2% of the population are capable of killing their neighbors, fellow countrymen, etc. from a close-in distance...and these people are psychopaths.

Assuming the truth of these matters (killing is only easy when you don't see or don't know the dead)....such a revolution would be impossible.....and, if it happened, we'd be in a bad way. Imagine being run by those same 2% ???

The book describes how killing and the effects on humans (not something you can fix) has everything to do with the distance. Not a single bomber pilot or artillery operator in the studies was affected. In fact, even those KILLED by these weapons (well, those who survived) went on to lead normal lives.

BUT, when you can see their faces and you know that YOU made the shot, everything changes. Or, even if you see the enemy trying to kill you it makes you wonder why they hate you so and you are likely to develop problems later.

As an aside, an interesting stat - something like 100,000 bullets were fired by US Troops for each "kill". In previous wars, infantry rarely aimed at an enemy soldier exactly....that was the 15-20% figure (those who actually discharged their weapons and aimed to kill)...the rest hoped that their inaccurate shooting was covered up by the fact that so many bullets were flying.

Anyway, the point here is that there will never be enough anger. motivation or training for an armed revolution. If those 2% somehow start something, they will be put down by regular joes and janes.

According to the author, almost 100% of those who have been in close-up multiple ground battles (rifles, grenades, pistols, bayonets, etc.) are going to have problems. This is based on VA studies, polling of vets and many other factors.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
The only “revolution” we need is like the one we saw in Virginia this week where voters came out in droves to vote on their values while putting a smack down on Trumpism.
We do need to jail a couple dozen including Trump himself (if implicated), just to prove that we have SOME sort or justice system.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:09 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
There is a great book I am reading now - written by a military expert historian. It's called "On Killing" or something like that.

Only 2% of the population are capable of killing their neighbors, fellow countrymen, etc. from a close-in distance...and these people are psychopaths.

Assuming the truth of these matters (killing is only easy when you don't see or don't know the dead)....such a revolution would be impossible.....and, if it happened, we'd be in a bad way. Imagine being run by those same 2% ???

The book describes how killing and the effects on humans (not something you can fix) has everything to do with the distance. Not a single bomber pilot or artillery operator in the studies was affected. In fact, even those KILLED by these weapons (well, those who survived) went on to lead normal lives.

BUT, when you can see their faces and you know that YOU made the shot, everything changes. Or, even if you see the enemy trying to kill you it makes you wonder why they hate you so and you are likely to develop problems later.

As an aside, an interesting stat - something like 100,000 bullets were fired by US Troops for each "kill". In previous wars, infantry rarely aimed at an enemy soldier exactly....that was the 15-20% figure (those who actually discharged their weapons and aimed to kill)...the rest hoped that their inaccurate shooting was covered up by the fact that so many bullets were flying.

Anyway, the point here is that there will never be enough anger. motivation or training for an armed revolution. If those 2% somehow start something, they will be put down by regular joes and janes.

According to the author, almost 100% of those who have been in close-up multiple ground battles (rifles, grenades, pistols, bayonets, etc.) are going to have problems. This is based on VA studies, polling of vets and many other factors.
I completely agree with you and the author that war has long term, often lifetime impacts on those who were in it. I had 3 great uncles who were in WWII. 2 of them were never the same after they came back.

But, how do you acccount for the sustained level of cruelty and utter barbaric behaviors of some Germans and Japanese during that same war? How could a guard at one of the death camps keep his sanity while he herds women and children to theirs deaths? How can someone function with rape and torture being their daily routine? Are Americans immune? Ask a guard at Andersonville.

I think that groups, and societies even, can be driven to psychotic behavior. I also think it’s wrong to believe that you can never be part of a group like that. Humans are capable of great evil in the face of fear or need. I'm not saying it’s a default behavior, but it can happen.

Getting back to bent bows fantasy, those sorts of behaviors need a group to occur because I agree with you that someone perpetrating them on their own is psychotic. So the hunters will come in large groups and they will be merciless.

Last edited by CCbaxter; 11-10-2017 at 07:17 AM..

Old 11-10-2017, 07:12 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I'm quoting this so people can see what a disgusting individual you are.
Knock yourself out!
You take yourselves way to seriously!

Too Funny!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies