Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2017, 12:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
There have been similar guns around for 100 years or so.

The ignorance of firearms, of those wanting to disarm me, is astounding!

They have no clue, one of the first fully automatic firearms was made during the revolutionary war, in 1778 by a Colonial inventor and was used exclusively by the militia.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:38 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Will you join me in banning certain cars and limiting ALL CARS ability in speed? There are pages upon pages of people misusing their car in street racing ending in death. Why does any one need a car that goes faster than 85 mph other than police? Any car that goes faster than 85 mph is "racing grade" and belongs on a race track not on the civilized streets of America. Anyone who wants a high performance car should have a special license and a back ground check to make sure they are not some criminal that is going to use it to outrun the police.

It is obvious that too many people can't be trusted with a fast car, it is time to save lives and force restrictions on the ability of a cars speed and license those who want a car that goes faster than 85 mph. I call on the government to "do something" and pass a law limiting all cars speed limit, those that currently own one can either turn them in or pay for the alteration limiting the speed ability, and future cars be limited when being produced.
A car isn't designed to injure or maim. That's why a gun is in a different category. But you knew this already and you just wanted to peddle a false equivalency and hyperbole rather than use reason to defend your position.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:42 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
A car isn't designed to injure or maim. That's why a gun is in a different category. But you knew this already and you just wanted to peddle a false equivalency and hyperbole rather than use reason to defend your position.

What does it matter what something is DESIGNED to do? It only matters what a PERSON uses it for. There are all kinds of things used as weapons that are designed to do something else, but that doesn't make them less deadly.

When you take the responsibility of being a citizen with Natural Rights as human beings, and not a SUBJECT, then you do have some risks in which to navigate. None of these risks would cause me to give up any of my rights.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
HA HA HA HA too funny- I don't have the words for this farcical post

Truth never has an argument against it. It is funny, that you were shut up.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:46 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Tactical stock v. fully automatic machine guns

That is logical?

You would never bat an eye at my daughters Mini 14, but you will lose your lunch over my tactical stocked 5.56/223
It is the same gun, same rate of fire, just looks different.
The only difference is one has a conventional wood stock, the other a tactical stock.
Ignorance and emotions, breeds fear.
Take it up with Trump, he nominated the guy who made the comment, but you won't, because you'll slam people for certain ideas but give Trump or his people a pass.

Hypocrites

Old 11-08-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Why would one need that kind of gun to shoot cans? Yes, it is my business. We have a serious gun problem in this country and until we face it head on - nothing will change. You may not care but lots of Americans do.

He must have a well regulated aim, to be an efficient part of the Militia.

The way I read it, is is every persons duty to stay well regulated in their marksmanship, as a member of the Militia.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:47 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I already have an AR-15, and I'm looking forward to the day I can grow marijuana in my basement for my own personal use. Here's to FREEDOM!

Old 11-08-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I should own a bazooka and have a moat with hungry gators and never leave my family out of the end of my barrels site- really?
ridiculous to think that a gun can protect your family- may deter- may on occasion, but no guarantee my dear

If that is what you want... It is your Liberty to do so. What stops you?
If I wanted that, I would not have any problems at all obtaining my goal.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:51 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,034,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

everyone for gun control laws must remember that the difference between a citizen and a subject is the firearms. citizens have them, subjects dont.
Phrased another way: "Vis' a vis' his government, the armed man is a citizen; the unarmed man is a subjugated serf."

I choose to be a citizen, and not to be a subjugated serf.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:52 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
One what does it matter what something is designed for? It is the intent of the user that matters. Trucks weren't made for use as terrorists weapons, yet now they are gaining popularity to be used as such.

And unless you don't believe in killing under any circumstances (which I will respect) then killing is not always bad, say in self defense. How is it when the dept of homeland security orders AR rifles they call them defensive rifles yet in the hands of a civilian they are classified as a "assault' rifle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies