Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 05:13 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times

Advertisements

The state voted to expand Medicaid....something neither trump nor Maine Gov. wanted to happen.
Maine OKs Medicaid expansion in first-of-its-kind referendum - ABC News

Quote:
Residents in this rural state grappling with a heroin epidemic and an aging population voted Tuesday to deliver a rebuke to Republican Gov. Paul LePage and join 31 other states that have expanded Medicaid under former President Barack Obama's health care law.
Quote:
LePage vetoed five different attempts by the state Legislature to expand the program. Tuesday's vote follows repeated failures by President Donald Trump, a LePage ally, and his fellow Republicans in Congress to repeal the signature legislation of Obama, a Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 05:19 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Poor people do not deserve medical care if they do not have sufficient economic outputs to warrant them receiving health insurance to cover said treatment.

(Po peeps can go die)

Whee I said it first.

Universal basic health insurance now! Noone should be ruined by medical.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:24 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Poor people do not deserve medical care if they do not have sufficient economic outputs to warrant them receiving health insurance to cover said treatment.

(Po peeps can go die)

Whee I said it first.

Universal basic health insurance now! Noone should be ruined by medical.

Do the uninsured working poor at least deserve to NOT have to pay higher effective tax rates than the insured poor?

I've never heard a good justification of higher effective tax rates on the uninsured.`

Obamacare = DOWNWARD redistribution.

Pre/Post-Obamacare = UPWARD redistribution.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:52 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Do the uninsured working poor at least deserve to NOT have to pay higher effective tax rates than the insured poor?

I've never heard a good justification of higher effective tax rates on the uninsured.`

Obamacare = DOWNWARD redistribution.

Pre/Post-Obamacare = UPWARD redistribution.
Are you referring to the penalties? Me no understand.

I would do a payroll tax. and maybe a prebated fat tax.

My version absolutely would have copays and deductibles.

I would also enforce transparency and simplification in medicine.

There is no excuse for an in network ER to be staffed by non network docs who charge whatever they want in a situation where the consumer has no choice.

I would also enforce simplification. A "standard hospital room" includes the TV, one parking spot, all the saline and Tylenol etc you can consume. I understand about expensive drugs but this would still cut down bills by a ton.

I would also kill the rule about not negotiating drug prices and would name the bill the "Billy Tauzin is a ******************* act" How he is not in jail shows how crooked congress is.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The state voted to expand Medicaid....something neither trump nor Maine Gov. wanted to happen.
Who will take it in the shorts to pay for it?

Old 11-08-2017, 06:01 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Not a suprise people seem to be getting greedier and less responsible.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:08 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Indeed, I thought it one of the more interesting votes of the evening, especially combined with the news that the number of people signing up for Obamacare (beginning November 1st) was higher than expected, especially given Mr. Trumps attempt to hogtie the program:

Obamacare signups surge in first days of open enrollment - Chicago Tribune

Old 11-08-2017, 06:36 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,848,734 times
Tax the rich. Keep currency printers running. Raise the minimum wage. Legalize and provide free drugs for all.

Open all immigration into Maine...

It's a great country!

Old 11-08-2017, 07:04 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
When people separate the BS propaganda from their actual livelihoods, they have more to lose than making some rich guy have the warm fuzzies

Old 11-08-2017, 07:15 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Indeed, I thought it one of the more interesting votes of the evening, especially combined with the news that the number of people signing up for Obamacare (beginning November 1st) was higher than expected, especially given Mr. Trumps attempt to hogtie the program:

Obamacare signups surge in first days of open enrollment - Chicago Tribune
Part of that can be attributed to the shorter timeframe to sign up.
And there were two mass mailings to current enrollees to get on early to re-enroll.

ObamaCare signups surge in early days to set new record | TheHill
It is still early in the process and it is unclear how the final sign-up numbers will come out. Sign-ups early in the enrollment season are often people renewing their coverage, not new enrollees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies