Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe that conversion therapy can make a gay person straight?
Yes, the power of prayer combined with Christian counseling can make a gay person straight 16 10.81%
No, sexual orientation is unchangeable and conversion therapy is ineffective at best and dangerous at worst 132 89.19%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 01:32 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,753,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This thread is making excuses for abnormal behavior. Your rear end was not made for such an unseemly act.
You do realize that not all gay people do anal sex and there are some straight people who do? Seriously, fundamentalist homophobes talk about gay sex acts and the gritty details in public far more than actual gay people do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 01:33 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,642,540 times
Quote:
All things are possible.
No, they're not.

Try flapping your arms in order to take to the air some time.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:33 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,919,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I do too- I do believe some people go into trends or experimenting- to put it mildly, and get caught up- those can be helped by prayer and better lifestyles -counseling etc. But your true sexual orientation- NO- that's why to me pedophiles are NOT safe- ever- you are who you are- but playing around yea- it happens -
Watch your children because this runaway train won't stop with homosexuality; pedophilia is next, and so on. Dark days are ahead.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:34 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,945,429 times
The power of prayer does nothing except for the person doing the praying. Natural disasters are a prime example. A hurricane causes all kinds of damage and people rush saying that their "prayers are for the people affected". Who does this truly help? It definitely doesn't help those actually affected by the disaster, but it makes those who said the prayer feel good about themselves for 'helping'.

Ultimately, no you cannot pray the gay away.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:34 PM

9,693 posts, read 14,175,332 times
Quote:
This thread is making excuses for abnormal behavior. Your rear end was not made for such an unseemly act.
This is the first sensible response I've seen here.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:37 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Watch your children because this runaway train won't stop with homosexuality; pedophilia is next, and so on. Dark days are ahead.
Do you actually not comprehend the difference between a relationship between consenting adults and raping little kids?

Old 11-08-2017, 01:40 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,919,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
No, they're not.

Try flapping your arms in order to take to the air some time.
Just like your rear end was not made for unseemly things.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:40 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,811,213 times
Quote:
Just like your rear end was not made for unseemly things.
I thought all things were possible? BTW the stuff that comes out of your "rear end" in its natural function is pretty unseemly. In biblical times they wiped that unseemly stuff off their butt with their left hand.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:42 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,784,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Add enough butter and garlic to just about anything and it will taste good

That is something at least that I do not think is transferable in this "brussel sprout aversion" to "gay/straight orientation analogy". I don't think it will be helpful to start bringing butter and garlic into that equation.
Ooh I forgot about garlic because I was too concerned with bacon. So garlic, bacon, and butter with brussel sprouts cut in half and cooked golden edges. Mmmmm.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:43 PM

128 posts, read 97,155 times
Quote:
One thing about the internet and its anonymity and lack of context and tone: Your sarcasm might not be immediately obvious to everyone. Some might think you actually believe that kind of nonsense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies