Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 07:54 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times

Advertisements

Facts
Attached Thumbnails
When will big-govt advocates finally stop demanding gun laws that have been tried repeatedly and keep failing?-3b91b647-e642-4f76-a7db-ed862b3f996f.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 07:56 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Facts
You forgot to add this

or the fact that 2/3 are suicides

https://www.bradycampaign.org/the-tr...t-suicide-guns

Old 11-10-2017, 08:02 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
He was killed for not listening to orders to quit reaching for it. Not for having it.

Castile told the officer he had a firearm, to which the officer replied 'Don't reach for it then'. After saying 'Don't pull it out' twice[7], the officer shot at Castile seven times.

That was one ****ed up deal.
That was a scared cop that way over reacted.
I do believe the white cop has always been scared of black people his entire life and it played out horribly there. Profiling had everything to do with this event.

The cop asked for ID, never told him not to reach, except when he was already pulling the trigger. The cop asked for an action and then expected this guy not to move?
I carry My I'd in my wallet in my back pocket. So did he.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:05 AM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You forgot to add this

or the fact that 2/3 are suicides

https://www.bradycampaign.org/the-tr...t-suicide-guns
Does that mean the trend for non-suicide gun deaths is similar, but just 1/3 the total of gun deaths?

Old 11-10-2017, 08:06 AM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That was one ****ed up deal.
That was a scared cop that way over reacted.
I do believe the white cop has always been scared of black people his entire life and it played out horribly there. Profiling had everything to do with this event.

The cop asked for ID, never told him not to reach, except when he was already pulling the trigger. The cop asked for an action and then expected this guy not to move?
I carry My I'd in my wallet in my back pocket. So did he.
Ya, it was messed up. I carry my id in my front pocket. Can't do wallets as they cause sciatica.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:47 AM

18,727 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I can understand why republicans oppose a assault weapons ban and banning large-capacity magazines. But why do republicans oppose laws that would stop the mentally ill and terrorists from buying guns?
Not sure what Republicans want. But conservatives know that giving government ANY authority to ban or restrict guns, even from only small segments (for now) of the population, have historically led to disarmament of nearly all the population. Eventually followed by oppression and even massacres of millions of innocent subjects. Something that has never happened in the 2nd-amendment-protected United States.

The Framers knew this history well. And they decided the country would be safer and better off, even with the occasional madman that gets a gun or bomb, if government had NO authority to restrict the people's weapons.

And they wrote the Constitution and Bill of Rights accordingly. And the people of the time agreed, and decided to ratify it.

Now liberals and RINOs feel otherwise. And are as wrong as they always have been on the subject.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:49 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Given that gun laws have saved thousands of lives, and given that the states with the tightest gun restrictions have the least gun-related deaths, I hope the majority of Americans who support sensible gun laws never give up fighting the domestic terrorists at the NRA.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Given that gun laws have saved thousands of lives,
Gun laws have enabled criminals to destroy far more lives than they have ever saved. And have enabled literally millions of crimes that otherwise usually wouldn't have take place.

Gun laws are only obeyed by the law-abiding. Criminals ignore them, and take advantage of their disarmament of the law-abiding whenever they can.

One of the reasons they are called "criminals". Remember?

Old 11-10-2017, 11:58 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Gun laws have enabled criminals to destroy far more lives than they have ever saved. And have enabled literally millions of crimes that otherwise usually wouldn't have take place.
Yeah, sure, that makes lots of sense, if you're an NRA terrorist, I guess. Why does the U.S. have like 20x as many murders as other first world countries? It is the only country where guns are handed out like candy and there are barely any rules.

People shoot and kill people because there are gun laws....

Back to reality, regulations save lives. Auto deaths are down 95% since regulation began. Similarly, we could cut gun-related deaths by a massive amount if the NRA could be defeated.

Old 11-10-2017, 11:59 AM

"Gun control laws are the criminal's OSHA. They provide him a safe working environment."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies