Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2017, 12:38 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,355,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am not a liberal and I am troubled by a democrat taking that seat. I hated Bill Clinton, believed he should have dropped out of the 92 campaign and should have been booted from office. I am not a huge fan of Trump but I do want to see the tax cuts happen. It will be harder with a dem sitting there but not impossible.

I believe much more in right and wrong, the rule of law and justice than I do for any political party. I am consistent. Bad behavior must be dealt with equally no matter which party someone is part of.
Ok but must be said again there is no evidence that Moore engaged in criminal behavior. Allegations do not equal evidence.

The rule of law and justice means due process in a courtroom, not trial by media and assertions.

Doug Moore supports abortion, which is as evil as slavery, rape, etc. I think the moral choice in this election is Moore.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:40 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,822,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
The rule of law and justice means due process in a courtroom, not trial by media and assertions.
This ain't a court, it's an election.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
This ain't a court, it's an election.
You don't have to throw away due process in an election b/c it is convenient for Democrats who enthusiastically voted for Bill Clinton and his enabling wife.

People have the right to disbelieve the accusers.

I find it hard to believe that if Moore is a pedophile, he was able to go decades without approaching other little girls. Biden can't even make it through a short ceremony in congress without groping a little girl. He does that on camera and with the family right next to him.

Keep in mind, Doug Jones is a big fan of Biden and the media and left don't seem too interested despite the video of his creepiness.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
You don't have to throw away due process in an election b/c it is convenient for Democrats who enthusastically voted for Bill Clinton and his enabling wife.
It's not throwing away due process, each individual must make a decision on what they believe happened based on the facts and comments of the people involved that are available at the time of the election. Due process is not involved because this is not (at this point) a legal matter. Bill Clinton is an irrelevant, "tu quoque" fallacy.

Quote:
People have the right to disbelieve the accusers.
Others have the right to believe them, everyone must make their own judgments based on the available information which then factors into their voting decisions. Which is why bringing up due process in this situation makes no sense.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:45 PM

You don't get to decide for every voter what is relevant.

I've noticed the left often acts like it gets to set the terms of the debate.

My due process comment was in direct response to a person talking about the rule of law and justice, and suggesint not voting for Moore is supporting the rule of law and justice. It is fair to point out the rule of law and justice involves due process.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
You don't get to decide for every voter what is relevant.

I've noticed the left often acts like it gets to set the terms of the debate.
You must be talking to someone else because I never said anything resembling that.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
You must be talking to someone else because I never said anything resembling that.
You just asserted Bill Clinton is irrelevant, as though you get to decide that for everybody. I'm free to talk about Bill CLinton and Joe Biden and Al Franken and other liberal pervs.

I do think is quite relevant that many of the people asserting it is wrong to vote for Roy Moore did in fact vote for the Clintons. That's a special kind of hypocrisy and keep in mind Clinton settled with Paula Jones.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:49 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,258,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Not remotely. I'm saying that she has no reason to release it just so Moore can have it analyzed by some biased handwriting expert with the predetermined conclusion that it is fake, which he obviously would do.
Not true. If she is so sure it is Moore's signature, she should have no fear of turning it over. But the question has yet to be answered, "How did his assistants initials wind up next to his "signature" if it is authentic?" Why would his assistant initial his signature in the yearbook? That is indisputable evidence that it is quite likely fake.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:50 PM

30,027 posts, read 11,623,237 times
Quote:
Ok but must be said again there is no evidence that Moore engaged in criminal behavior. Allegations do not equal evidence.

Doug Moore supports abortion, which is as evil as slavery, rape, etc. I think the moral choice in this election is Moore.
For quite a while there was no proof that Clinton did what he was accused of. The left did what the right is doing with Moore. Attack the credibility of the accusers. Ask why they did not come forward sooner. And say there was no proof of the allegations. Hillary blamed a vast right wing conspiracy, whatever that means. Exactly like before. Just a different political party.

I respect your views on abortion. However this one person is not going to change anything. For me Moore getting in is like Bill Clinton winning again. Unacceptable.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
You just asserted Bill Clinton is irrelevant, as though you get to decide that for everybody.
Bringing up some other situation rather than addressing the specific situation at hand is the definition of a "tu quoque" fallacy. I understand that some people do not want to abide by a logical framework when forming arguments - But, but, but....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.