Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 04:38 PM

30,135 posts, read 11,759,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
After the Hannity interview - the three guests on Fox News (along with Hannity) discussed the interview. Geraldo, Greg someone and the woman ~ all said that Roy Moore was obviously lying and they believed the women. Hannity was SHOCKED!
I watched the guests on after the interview and you are right. Quite amazing.

I think those on here defending him should watch what they said about him on Fox News. I think Hannity hopes Moore is innocent but his only defense was people are innocent until proven guilty.

Old 11-11-2017, 04:40 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I don’t know. They’re tied in a latest poll. It’s not a lock that Moore is the next senator.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.c...-scandal%3famp

The entire Bama GOP is lining up for Moore. He may not win by double digits, but I'd be surprised if the Dem pulls it off.

Besides, I want to see Moore in the senate, contaminating the Pubs in congress and providing endless entertainment with his psycho bible beating and bigotry. He's gonna be a magnet for the press.

He IS what the GOP has become since they've surrendered to tRump.

It's best to have this lunacy on full public display.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:07 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,333,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Juanita Broderick begs to differ.
Broderick twice testified under oath that Clinton did not rape her. She is obviously a liar.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:16 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,147,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
There’s hate on both sides of the aisle. I’m always suspicious when someone mentions “immigrant rights”. It usually means they are pro illegal alien.
The irony is most of these Red states outside of Texas and Florida don’t have to worry about illegals taking their “jobs”.

Texas and Florida is prospering due to educated jobs that illegals don’t even qualify for. Get an education

Old 11-11-2017, 05:45 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,345,626 times
None of the three guests on Fox News believed Roy Moore’s responses in the Hannity interview. He was dodgy, inconsistent, acting like he was trying to hide something. You can tell when a witness is concealing something. They selectively remember details but “forget” others. For instance, Moore somehow remembers Deason’s age (19+) and remembers socializing with her (how many 30 something deputy prosecutors socialize with 19 year olds in platonic relationships?). Yet, he cannot remember whether they dated. (And note, he was careful to say if she said they did then they did, so that he wouldn’t be lying, technically.) This is how a person who is trying to conceal the truth responds. He emphasizes exculpatory details all the while not remembering other intricately related details. If he remembers the name, the age, and the social nature of their friendship, it is highly unlikely that he doesn’t remember whether they dated. Period. This is why none of the guests after Hannity’s interview believed Roy Moore. In light of the testimony from those who actually worked with him at the prosecutor’s office, and their specific recollection that Roy Moore targeted high school girls for romantic relationships, apologists who continue to defend this sleaze need to re-examine their own moral core, if they have one at all.

Heck, even the Washington Examiner is calling out Roy Moore: The evolution of Roy Moore's response to allegations he pursued minors when he was in his 30s

Old 11-11-2017, 06:08 PM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Mitch McConnell and the senate will have a tough decision to make, this will not help them one bit in 2018 particularly with Trump as president. It appears that this has only given his supporters more energy, facts don't matter. It was equally bad that he was elected as a judge with his background, I don't see a change of heart in this election.
With every day that passes, the decision to refuse Moore to be seated in the Senate becomes a little easier. 3 more Senators denounced him today.

Moore created a tough choice for the GOP Senators; if they vote to allow his credentials, they all just explicitly condoned child abuse with an election beginning only 1 month away. If they refuse his credentials, they will lose one more of their majority for the next 3 years. The winner will only serve the remaining 3 years of Session's last term.

But Moore was a headache for them from the beginning. The guy is a loose cannon with a hair trigger. And loves nothing more than to be the only one who opposes anything and everything. So losing him would have been no great loss, but no one wants to kick out someone from his own party unless forced to do it.

So, no doubt, McConnell must be hoping by now that the voters will do the job instead by voting for Jones.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:13 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,273,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
None of the three guests on Fox News believed Roy Moore’s responses in the Hannity interview. He was dodgy, inconsistent, acting like he was trying to hide something. You can tell when a witness is concealing something. They selectively remember details but “forget” others. For instance, Moore somehow remembers Deason’s age (19+) and remembers socializing with her (how many 30 something deputy prosecutors socialize with 19 year olds in platonic relationships?). Yet, he cannot remember whether they dated. (And note, he was careful to say if she said they did then they did, so that he wouldn’t be lying, technically.) This is how a person who is trying to conceal the truth responds. He emphasizes exculpatory details all the while not remembering other intricately related details. If he remembers the name, the age, and the social nature of their friendship, it is highly unlikely that he doesn’t remember whether they dated. Period. This is why none of the guests after Hannity’s interview believed Roy Moore. In light of the testimony from those who actually worked with him at the prosecutor’s office, and their specific recollection that Roy Moore targeted high school girls for romantic relationships, apologists who continue to defend this sleaze need to re-examine their own moral core, if they have one at all.

Heck, even the Washington Examiner is calling out Roy Moore: The evolution of Roy Moore's response to allegations he pursued minors when he was in his 30s
These are the kind of guys that go to the Philippines and Thailand for vacation for the underage girls.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:15 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,087,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Washington Post has no credibility. They have a reputation for lying and false stories. That's why people are reluctant to believe this. They were discussing this on Fox News with a columnist (I forget who she was) who said the exact same thing. The source is suspect.
I remember a series the post ran in 1981 about an 8 year old heroin addict. The story turned out to be bogus and the writer, Janet Cooke, was forced to resign. The post had egg on it's' face over that fiasco. But other than that one story I am unaware of any stories or news pieces where the post deliberately lied. Can you cite one? And op-ed columns don't count. Just hard news stories.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:57 PM

34,987 posts, read 16,956,874 times
Default Pervnado - Harvey Weinstein, Louis C.K., Roy Moore....Who's Next? And Why?

Harvey Weinstein, Louis C.K., Roy Moore, Steven Seagal, Brett Ratner, Kevin Spacey (link to article), the beat goes on. Before that there was Bill Cosby and Rolf Harris. See also David Blaine Accused of Rape. My take on these allegations is a little different. Everyone knew that these people in Hollywood or for that matter on Capitol Hill were no saints. Back in 1974 we thrilled to Wilbur Mills and Fanne Fox | The Big Picture | Arkansas news.

Any adult with an ounce of sense knows never to be alone with strangers. Meetings should be in public places and/or with other people present. Suddenly we're hearing all kinds of allegations of "abuse," some dating back to the year of Reagan's inauguration. One wonders whether people suddenly feel a sense of grievance about ancient events. Or perhaps some of it is greed; or to get their "five minutes of fame."

I do not condone pedophilia. Thus Hastert and the Penn State coach, whose name escapes me, are different. All that I am asking is how real this abuse really was. Did people at the time relish their moment in the sun with very wealthy and famous people and come to regret it? I don't think these kinds of events are new.

Last edited by jbgusa; 11-11-2017 at 07:14 PM..

Old 11-11-2017, 07:18 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,310 times
The Hollywood "Casting Couch" is not a new thing and people have known for years that certain powerful people there could make or break a career. All it took was one pebble sliding down the rock face and suddenly the rich and powerful men can't stop the avalanche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.