Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 07:26 PM

30,713 posts, read 21,854,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
The Hollywood "Casting Couch" is not a new thing and people have known for years that certain powerful people there could make or break a career. All it took was one pebble sliding down the rock face and suddenly the rich and powerful men can't stop the avalanche.
Absolutely, but some are going to weather the storm better than others. Anyway, the amount of press that comes out because of this will be hard(close to impossible) to digest. I'm sure up to 10%(guesstimate) of men and even some women are guilty of at least some form of sexual harassment. I have met women, more than one, who have grabbed me by the crotch or nipple so hard that it bruised. Of course it was in a bar setting or party, but like they say alcohol isn't an excuse.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:37 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,033,982 times
Eric Dondero is a former aid to Ron Paul:

https://twitter.com/EricDonderoR/sta...36244328812545

Note, he's not denying that he believes Moore is a child predator and molester.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:54 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,853,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Eric Dondero is a former aid to Ron Paul:

https://twitter.com/EricDonderoR/sta...36244328812545

Note, he's not denying that he believes Moore is a child predator and molester.
This seems to be a common belief in Alabama.

From reading posts on this thread though it seems some of you people in Alabama don't think a 32 year old man coming onto a 14 year old girl and having her rub his genitals through his clothes is a big deal.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:55 PM

30,022 posts, read 11,606,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I remember a series the post ran in 1981 about an 8 year old heroin addict. The story turned out to be bogus and the writer, Janet Cooke, was forced to resign. The post had egg on it's' face over that fiasco. But other than that one story I am unaware of any stories or news pieces where the post deliberately lied. Can you cite one? And op-ed columns don't count. Just hard news stories.
I have been as dubious as anyone in the behavior of WaPo regarding Trump and how they use unnamed sources to slander him. I am all for calling fake news when it happens and not give the MSM a pass.

However this was well laid out and does contain the names and stories of the women involved and has 30 witnesses to back it up. This is not one of those unnamed sources stories.

So Moore denies the allegations that were illegal but is foggy on the rest of it. Maybe it happened maybe it didn't. He is an attorney and former DA. He knows how to work the system and not incriminate himself.

There are some on the right willing to suspend logic and reason just to keep the Senate the way it is. The GOP screwed up not vetting him properly. This stuff was out there and WaPo took advantage of it. The longer this guy is still running the more damage he will do to the GOP. And they will have to remove him. He does not seem like the type that will step down unless more comes out that is impossible for him to deny.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,454,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
This seems to be a common belief in Alabama.

From reading posts on this thread though it seems some of you people in Alabama don't think a 32 year old man coming onto a 14 year old girl and having her rub his genitals through his clothes is a big deal.
Well, if Moore was doing that to his own 14 y.o. kid sister instead of some stranger's kid, then it would be seen as a problem by Bama's GOP.

But they cool with him now.

Last edited by Old Gringo; 11-11-2017 at 08:40 PM..

Old 11-11-2017, 08:48 PM

319 posts, read 198,120 times
You left out Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, Mark Halperin, and Eric Bolling.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:55 PM

34,731 posts, read 16,746,807 times
Couldn't get the all.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:05 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,285,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
You left out Roger Ailes, Bill O'Reilly, Mark Halperin, and Eric Bolling.
And their buddy, Donald Trump. The skater. Because he sure isn't presidential.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:08 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,060,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I have been as dubious as anyone in the behavior of WaPo regarding Trump and how they use unnamed sources to slander him. I am all for calling fake news when it happens and not give the MSM a pass.

However this was well laid out and does contain the names and stories of the women involved and has 30 witnesses to back it up. This is not one of those unnamed sources stories.

So Moore denies the allegations that were illegal but is foggy on the rest of it. Maybe it happened maybe it didn't. He is an attorney and former DA. He knows how to work the system and not incriminate himself.

There are some on the right willing to suspend logic and reason just to keep the Senate the way it is. The GOP screwed up not vetting him properly. This stuff was out there and WaPo took advantage of it. The longer this guy is still running the more damage he will do to the GOP. And they will have to remove him. He does not seem like the type that will step down unless more comes out that is impossible for him to deny.
The post has a liberal bias that's most evident on the editorial page (the op-ed page I feel is pretty balanced). And even the hard news reporting can have a bias (what stories to focus on, placement of stories, etc.). But I think their news reporting is pretty honest even if it does have a liberal slant.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:08 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,002,635 times
I think you're forgetting that there's only one Hollywood, there's only X number of broadcast networks or sports teams, etc. It's easy to say "I would never be alone in a room" if you're a nurse, teacher, tech person, etc bc you have options. If the Chicago people are shady, move to Milwaukee. It's not like that in specialized industries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies