Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 04:47 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,340,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Moore was banned from a mall for badgering teenage girls. Jfc what a pervert.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...social_twitter
It’s really not surprising that more information and recollections will surface. For years the community in Gadsen didn’t have the courage to put a stop to Roy Moore because he was a rising political star. The fact that he chased after teenagers when he was in his 30s is a pattern only the worst of human kind can continue to ignore or defend. Roy Moore is a creep. Whether Alabama voters choose to elect a creep, that is up to them. But lets not pretend Roy Moore isn’t a filthy scum who took advantage of much younger teenagers.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,734,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It did matter for Bill Clinton. He was freaking impeached for having sex with an intern for crying out loud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You think he was impeached over him being nearly 50 and shoving a cigar into a 21-year-old intern that worked for him?

News flash - it was because he committed perjury.
pedro is right, clinton was impeached for perjury, no one cares that he had sex with an intern.

but what amazes me is that when a woman makes an allegation of sexual impropriety, she is believed, but when a man makes an allegation he is usually not believed.

my question is that what happens if these women are shownt o be making false allegations? where does moore go to get his reputation back? and lets say moore loses the election, or the senate refuses to seat him if he wins, and again the allegations are proven false, again how does moore get properly compensated?

one more thing that makes this whole thing sound fishy as hell, the latest woman to make an allegations against moore is being represented by none other than gloria alred. this is sounding more and more like a smear campaign against moore is a democrat operation. and i suspect that what ever happens after the election, all this goes away, and the women go back to being quiet citizens. and no lawsuits, no riminal charges or anything else being filed against moore.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,705,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
It’s really not surprising that more information and recollections will surface. For years the community in Gadsen didn’t have the courage to put a stop to Roy Moore because he was a rising political star. The fact that he chased after teenagers when he was in his 30s is a pattern only the worst of human kind can continue to ignore or defend. Roy Moore is a creep. Whether Alabama voters choose to elect a creep, that is up to them. But lets not pretend Roy Moore isn’t a filthy scum who took advantage of much younger teenagers.
Baloney. My dad was 29 when he married my mom who was 17.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:50 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,363,784 times
Hopefully, President Trump's choice, Luther Strange will mount a write-in campaign.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:51 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,456,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post

Old 11-13-2017, 04:52 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,743,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Hopefully, President Trump's choice, Luther Strange will mount a write-in campaign.
Not sure he can since he lost the primary. Alabama law may not allow it. And Luther Strange isn't much better. He protected the Alabama governor from a sex scandal as Attorney General, and the Governor rewarded him by handing him a Senate seat.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:53 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,743,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Rather creepy, but 17 is not the same as 14. 14 is illegal, 17 is over the age of consent in most states.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:54 PM

Apparently Moore signed Beverly Young Nelson's yearbook: “To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say, “Merry Christmas” Love, Roy Moore, D.A., 12-22-77.”

Roy Moore scandal: Follow the latest - CNNPolitics

The man makes my skin crawl, and has for as long as I've been aware of him, back to when he was removed from the Alabama Supreme Court.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:56 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,764,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Not saying it didn't happen with Roy Moore but 35 years later she finally comes out after he's already been a state judge?

Now the opposition can try to cry grope/rape to try to get a candidate out of the race

I agree that the timing is suspicious. "October Surprises" are what the left do best.

I have to say, though, Moore sounded like a doddering old fool on that radio interview. If he "cant remember," that's reason enough for him to hang it up. The last thing we need is another [old] Fool on the Hill.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Rather creepy, but 17 is not the same as 14. 14 is illegal, 17 is over the age of consent in most states.
Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana have always been among the most corrupt in the nation, right up there with Illinois and New Jersey. Alabama was equally corrupt under Democrats-Note that Republicans didn't win control of the state until 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies