Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 01:11 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The part I like is, "they are still fighting the civil war!" I guess this person doesn't get around much. I've been to Alabama, and also to N.O. LA. I saw no evidence they were "still fighting the civil war" in either place.

This person is so out of touch with reality it's pitiful.
You should talk to some of the locals then. I travel to the Deep South States on the way to Florida each year, and visit with acquaintances. The ones who aren't being complimentary when they say, "Well, bless your heart, honey". You better believe their worldviews are better reflected 100 years ago or more.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:14 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
It is well known that Hillary has had a number of homosexuals relationships while allegedly sticking with Bill. The only reason she stayed with him was for her own selfish political ambitions. At her advanced age and with her declining mental health she should be staying at home playing with her grandchildren. Leave the politics to the younger folks.
It's interesting what one hears when one's ear is truly to the ground. Judge Moore has been known to lock the doors to his chambers, "working on a case" with his male assistant. More than one has commented on the disheveled look both would have when exiting those chambers.

I bet the mainstream media won't touch that. I wonder why?

Old 11-19-2017, 01:21 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Actually, Moore first attended West Point. After graduation, he served in Nam, and then left the Army and went into law school. So he had been out in the real world plenty.
You actually made my point stronger. What year did he graduate law school?

Old 11-19-2017, 01:21 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,559,342 times
Trial attorney said the Yearbook Waitress wouldn't be believable on the stand because she had no details like what type of car did Moore have, what color was it, was the radio on, what was he wearing, what was the weather like, etc. Waitress said he opened the door and shoved her out and threatened her. Anomalous behavior. The 14-yr old's story is suspect for that reason. No other women said the same. The other women whom Moore dated fit a pattern -- their mothers gave consent and nothing went beyond kissing. Usually there is a pattern of behavior (Biden, Clinton). Forty years later to be hysterical crying when all he did was make a pass? I'm a woman by the way.

My coworker was held hostage, raped and beaten over a weekend. Her TV was on during the rapes and she said she can never watch those shows anymore nor eat onion dip and potato chips because that is what the rapist was eating. Details! She came back to work with her face, neck and arms covered in bruises. We were all shocked at how calm she was, happy to be alive. Years later she told the same story without hysterics. She said she wasn't going to let one sicko ruin the rest of her life. She went on to marry and is still happily married over thirty years later.

Interestingly, actress Fran Drescher had a similar experience and has spoken about it publicly. Never gets hysterical like Yearbook Waitress

Old 11-19-2017, 01:43 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trial attorney said the Yearbook Waitress wouldn't be believable on the stand because she had no details like what type of car did Moore have, what color was it, was the radio on, what was he wearing, what was the weather like, etc. Waitress said he opened the door and shoved her out and threatened her. Anomalous behavior. The 14-yr old's story is suspect for that reason. No other women said the same. The other women whom Moore dated fit a pattern -- their mothers gave consent and nothing went beyond kissing. Usually there is a pattern of behavior (Biden, Clinton). Forty years later to be hysterical crying when all he did was make a pass? I'm a woman by the way.

My coworker was held hostage, raped and beaten over a weekend. Her TV was on during the rapes and she said she can never watch those shows anymore nor eat onion dip and potato chips because that is what the rapist was eating. Details! She came back to work with her face, neck and arms covered in bruises. We were all shocked at how calm she was, happy to be alive. Years later she told the same story without hysterics. She said she wasn't going to let one sicko ruin the rest of her life. She went on to marry and is still happily married over thirty years later.

Interestingly, actress Fran Drescher had a similar experience and has spoken about it publicly. Never gets hysterical like Yearbook Waitress
Sad story. However all people are not going to react to sexual assault in the same manner. It shouldn't be expected. People don't process grief the same way either. Anyone who has been to a funeral can attest to that.

I have also met many women who have the unfortunate tendency of going through life singing the tune, "Anything you can do, I can do better".

Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Funny, I missed the lesson in biology and/or psychology where they said all humans act exactly the same in every situation. *Shrug* It doesn’t work that way. Some will block things out. Some have every excruciating detail seared in. Some cry, some don’t. Just saying that this is not definitive proof either way.

Old 11-19-2017, 01:54 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
It's true people don't act the same BUT if someone is getting cray over what this gal said happened all those years ago they are obviously mentally unstable. NOBODY can be that sensitive and live a normal life. I'm the same age as that lady and I was in some sketchy situations myself that didn't end up going anywhere (like this one) but damned if I can even remember the details well enough to have a bad reacting to them at this point in my life....way too much has happened since. Besides, read her testimony and tell me it doesn't sound like a "check all the boxes" bad movie of the week script and doesn't fit at all what any other woman has said about their interactions with him. Maybe it's a weird one off or maybe not but I'm not interested in digging to China to find out.

Old 11-19-2017, 02:06 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,693,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Yes. He won. Fair and square. Hilary was not "our" best. Trump was not "your" best. But he kicked butt. We all understand that. Can we please discuss the issue at hand. You are pushing propaganda on us. Why?
Fair? I'm not so sure. Have you forgotten Pizzagate?

Ten days before the election in 2016 posts appeared on Facebook, The New Nationalist, Alex Jones' Infowars, The Conservative Daily Post, and SubjectPolitics claiming that Hillary Clinton was involved in a child sex-trafficking conspiracy that operated out of a back room in a Washington pizzeria.

These outrageous claims were retweeted by none other than Trump campaign advisor Gen. Michael Flynn, his son, and posters in the Czech Republic and Vietnam. 9% of people polled believed the story, and 46% of Trump voters believed that Clinton's emails contained evidence of satanic rituals and child sex-trafficking.

The tweets were taken seriously, as one individual barged into the restaurant and fired three shots with an assault rifle before he was arrested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pizzag...spiracy_theory

What does all of this have to do with Roy Moore? The same weak-minded individuals that were so quick to believe the misinformation about Hillary Clinton have no problem with calling Moore's accusers liars in spite of the fact that many of their friends and neighbors have stated how Roy liked to chase after teenagers when he was in his thirties.

Now, if you would rather have a Republican like Moore as your senator instead of a Democrat, just say so. While I might question your morality your honesty would be commendable. In the end, a little less hypocrisy would be good for all of us.

Last edited by JustPassinThru; 11-19-2017 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: ETA: The last paragraph is addressed to voters of the Great State of Alabama

Old 11-19-2017, 02:16 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's true people don't act the same BUT if someone is getting cray over what this gal said happened all those years ago they are obviously mentally unstable. NOBODY can be that sensitive and live a normal life. I'm the same age as that lady and I was in some sketchy situations myself that didn't end up going anywhere (like this one) but damned if I can even remember the details well enough to have a bad reacting to them at this point in my life....way too much has happened since. Besides, read her testimony and tell me it doesn't sound like a "check all the boxes" bad movie of the week script and doesn't fit at all what any other woman has said about their interactions with him. Maybe it's a weird one off or maybe not but I'm not interested in digging to China to find out.
I don't know, I saw a bunch of grown men crying in interviews when they detailed the abuses they suffered at the hands of Jerry Sandusky. Some weren't raped either. Just touched inappropriately. Didn't know they were all cray cray. Also never heard that said about them during that time. Thanks for the tip

Old 11-19-2017, 03:02 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
It's interesting what one hears when one's ear is truly to the ground. Judge Moore has been known to lock the doors to his chambers, "working on a case" with his male assistant. More than one has commented on the disheveled look both would have when exiting those chambers.

I bet the mainstream media won't touch that. I wonder why?
Excellent Propaganda Boris....... I hope you were typing that to prove a point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies