Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2017, 12:06 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Prediction markets? The two latest polls, including one by fox news have him down 5 and 8 points. A GOP conducted poll has him down 12 points. Averages out to down 8 overall. And the trend is sharply lower. He lost 10 points in just a couple days.

The Alabama senate is a popular vote. The presidency is a electoral vote. You understand the difference? Trump lost the popular vote within the margin of error of the polls. He won the election because he defeated Clinton in swing states that were expected to go for Clinton. Those states were not polled like Alabama is now and were are likely getting much more accurate data.
the only election that matters is on election day. We can speculate all day on who will win. I think Moore will prevail given Jones's leftwing politics.

I don't see what Republican voters would gain by helping Democrats win that seat. I do not believe Democratic voters would abandon Moore if he was a Democrat given they never abandoned the Clintons.

Oh as Rush Limbaugh pointed out, Roy was a Democrat back in the late 70s. He appears to have been a good boy since switching to GOP, givne no accusations of misbehavior in recent decades.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:06 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you're saying she knows its fake?
Not remotely. I'm saying that she has no reason to release it just so Moore can have it analyzed by some biased handwriting expert with the predetermined conclusion that it is fake, which he obviously would do.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:07 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why should he? He is the accused, not the accuser....the accuser has the burden of proof...not the accused.

If she knew it was damn well Roy's signature, why not have it validated to prove he IS a liar?
You also, apparently, have this mistaken for a legal proceeding.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:08 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
There are only 3 serious accusations against Moore.
Only 3? That pretty much says it all.

It seems to me in your case and some others all that matters is him keeping that seat with the GOP. You really could care less if these allegations are true or not. Its all just background chatter.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Only 3? That pretty much says it all.

It seems to me in your case and some others all that matters is him keeping that seat with the GOP. You really could care less if these allegations are true or not. Its all just background chatter.
I can make the opposite case against you, you don't care if they are false because you are a liberal and hate Roy Moore.

It is true that I would vote for Moore even if he did it, because I don't see how it changes what he did to vote for a Democrat. The Democrat also supports abortion which in my view is as bad as sexual assault. Killing babies in the womb, babies that feel pain, isn't a sign of character and decency. It is caveman stuff.

If GOP wants to kick out Moore after he wins, that's fine, as long as there is another election. I preferred Mo Brooks anyway.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:11 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Not remotely. I'm saying that she has no reason to release it just so Moore can have it analyzed by some biased handwriting expert with the predetermined conclusion that it is fake, which he obviously would do.

Who said she had to release it to him? If she knows it's his handwriting, then prove him a liar...prove her accusation, then everything else is that much more believable...

Old 11-20-2017, 12:12 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
You also, apparently, have this mistaken for a legal proceeding.

Why, because you cannot answer, and if you did honestly....you'd see your flaws in your argument?

Old 11-20-2017, 12:14 PM

If Democrats have no moral qualms about voting for the Clintons and supporting abortion, why should voters have moral qualms about voting for Moore.

It is hilarious to me people that voted for Bill Clinton and Joe Biden are virtue signaling about Moore. There is video evidence of Biden groping women and little girls and he's campaiging with Moore's opponent, and nobody on the left or in the media cares. lol

Old 11-20-2017, 12:28 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I can make the opposite case against you, you don't care if they are false because you are a liberal and hate Roy Moore.

It is true that I would vote for Moore even if he did it, because I don't see how it changes what he did to vote for a Democrat.
I am not a liberal and I am troubled by a democrat taking that seat. I hated Bill Clinton, believed he should have dropped out of the 92 campaign and should have been booted from office. I am not a huge fan of Trump but I do want to see the tax cuts happen. It will be harder with a dem sitting there but not impossible.

I believe much more in right and wrong, the rule of law and justice than I do for any political party. I am consistent. Bad behavior must be dealt with equally no matter which party someone is part of.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Gloria reputation would destroyed were it a forgery. She doesn't act political. As for these women not coming out earlier is easy to see why. The Weinstein case has opened the flood gates.
"She doesn't act political [sic]?" Please. She knows it's a forgery, or she would turn it over. Why wouldn't she?

This entire stunt is political.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies