Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2017, 09:50 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,508,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
What kind of state would even consider sending a mall creeper to the US Senate?
A state that is being taken over with this: Moore in fact represents an extremist wing of an already theocratic-leaning base of the GOP that believes all women must be subservient and submit ― as Mike Huckabee, who hasn’t pulled his full-throated endorsement of Moore, infamously once said of women with regard to their husbands, expressing his own “Handmaid’s Tale” dream come true ― and that would no doubt include young women such as teen girls. After all, as one of Moore’s defenders in the Alabama GOP said in dismissing the allegations, “Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roy-moore...163853245.html

Lots of the good people of Alabama are fighting it though.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
[quote=motownnative;50197425]A state that is being taken over with this: Moore in fact represents an extremist wing of an already theocratic-leaning base of the GOP that believes all women must be subservient and submit ― as Mike Huckabee, who hasn’t pulled his full-throated endorsement of Moore, infamously once said of women with regard to their husbands, expressing his own “Handmaid’s Tale” dream come true ― and that would no doubt include young women such as teen girls. After all, as one of Moore’s defenders in the Alabama GOP said in dismissing the allegations, “Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/roy-moore...163853245.html

Lots of the good people of Alabama are fighting it though.[/QUOTE]

I have many family members in Alabama and they aren't voting. They believe the women of what Moore did to them but they won't vote for a democrat.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:00 PM

230 posts, read 114,993 times
I guess we have reached a new low in America when there are people here defending pedophilia and justifying raping children just because they don't agree the politics of the opposition. Pedophilia is not a left/right/conservative/liberal issue. How low have Americans reached. No wonder our country is decaying rot. To defend a vile thug that was banned from malls and goes to childrens dance recitlals.
That is the lowest of the low. That is the very definition of sick and disgusting. Or is that just the norm in Alabama? I know I'll never go there

Old 11-21-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I have many family members in Alabama and they aren't voting. They believe the women of what Moore did to them but they won't vote for a democrat.
Thanks for info. I just hope a good Republican who is not radical can somehow get in then. I am not partisan, there is good on both sides. The R's are fighting Moore very hard too as a united front. I understand that they don't want a Dem and I respect others choices. Too bad it's come to this.

That stuff I linked is scary. It's very, very real. I have seen it firsthand. Anyone that can't be reasoned with (Moore has those traits) doesn't belong in Washington.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:11 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
For chucknsee, nonsenseguy and Simpsonsvilllian, let me ask you this (and answer honestly): Would you leave your daughter or granddaughter alone with Roy Moore for two hours?

Old 11-21-2017, 10:27 PM

Doug Jones just put out a really good tv ad about Moore allegations:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/doug-jo...t-allegations/

Old 11-21-2017, 10:46 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Thanks for info. I just hope a good Republican who is not radical can somehow get in then. I am not partisan, there is good on both sides. The R's are fighting Moore very hard too as a united front. I understand that they don't want a Dem and I respect others choices. Too bad it's come to this.

That stuff I linked is scary. It's very, very real. I have seen it firsthand. Anyone that can't be reasoned with (Moore has those traits) doesn't belong in Washington.
A democrat in the south is a moderate and might as well be a republican.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
A democrat in the south is a moderate and might as well be a republican.
Very true.

This was talked about on news tonight. Roy Moore's pastor friend just threw him under the bus with this interview....The audio is REAL good.

“Judge Roy Moore graduated from West Point and then went on into the service, served in Vietnam and then came back and was in law school. All of the ladies, or many of the ladies that he possibly could have married were not available then, they were already married, maybe, somewhere. So he looked in a different direction and always with the [permission of the] parents of younger ladies. By the way, the lady he’s married to now, Ms. Kayla, was a younger woman. He did that because there is something about the purity of a young woman, there is something that is good, that’s true, that’s straight and he looked for that.”

https://splinternews.com/roy-moores-...uin-1820661743

Old 11-21-2017, 11:44 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
POTUS says in effect he is standing with Moore

Trump chooses his own version of reality to back Moore - CNNPolitics

Old 11-22-2017, 01:58 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Moore is a very immoral person. He’s basically a person who has preyed on teen girls for at least half his life. Jones is NOT pro-abortion. He is pro-choice. Every woman can search her own beliefs and decide. It is not up to you or anyone else to make decisions about her body and her life. I’ve noticed that all these anti-abortion types never support poor women with 3-4 kids. I’m sure the Repubs want to cut funds and healthcare for the poor. If you are anti-abortion, get out there and help teen moms and poor women. Yeah, I bet you will. Baloney!
This is what I have felt, that these people are always conflicting with themselves. If they are against those getting financial support, stop making their teen daughters have children and possibly marry at that age or resisting the need for Sex Ed, Birth Control and Planned Parenthood. If they detest Aborton, why do the highest rates of Abortion occur with those in Red States? And what about maybe finally teaching boys how to be more responsible, so as to not contribute to the problem? Young people are going to have sex, so let's insist upon responsibility. It's almost 2018 for crap's sake...some still need to wake up and face reality.

Then there is this mentality such as Moore, having grown up doing whatever he wanted and lying about it, hiding behind religion, being excused and having support by those just like him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies