Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2017, 11:08 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I just found out that the one who claimed to be 14 has also claimed various pastors at churches molested her.
link please.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:08 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Both of these Breitbart talking points have been addressed and debunked literally hundreds of pages ago in this thread. You’re not even trolling well at this point.
In other words, they don't fit your narrative and so you resort to attacking Breitbart. All Breitbart did was talk to other witnesses or report things that Moore's lawyers discovered.

In your world, the only witnesses that count are ones dug up by the liberal WaPo or other liberal outfits.

Old 11-30-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Still totally unable to answer any of my questions? Man, that’s sad.

I’ll check in tomorrow to see if you can formulate a substantive response or if you’re still arguing semantics and flailing about like Don Quixote tilting at windmills.
Says the guy who doesn't think it matters that witnesses said Nelson never worked at the BBQ restaurant and contradicted other assertions that she made, such as the restaurant closed at 10 pm.

It isn't semantics to point it out when you get a fact wrong. If it is two accusers alleging sexual misconduct with a minor, it makes sense that you say two, not 'several'. If you were in court, you would not be allowed to say 'several' to describe two allegations. .

Last edited by ClemVegas; 11-30-2017 at 11:20 PM..

Old 12-01-2017, 12:14 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Sad to say I agree with you on this. These people down here are so hellbent on voting for a republican at all costs, that they do not care about all of the foul things he has done. Also some people down here do like him because of his extremely outrages anti-gay stance he has and the fact he parades religion every time he opens his mouth. If these people would use critical thinking they would realize the man has done NOTHING positive for this state in his life. But, unfortunately that will not happen.

Alabama does have a lot of intelligent people down here, but sadly the most hateful and backwards people have the loudest voices down here and tend to get their way most of the time. These politicians can rob them in their faces, but they would still go out and vote for them if they spew that extremely conservative rhetoric. I have lived here for about seven years and I have come to the conclusion that nothing is going to change in that regard down here!!
I know this exists, but it is really frightening to know that there is still a segment of society like this.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:35 AM

Quote:
So answer my question. I assume you are not a child molseter (correct me if I’m wrong). As a non-child molester, if someone asked you whether you molested 14 year old girls when you were in your thirties (knowing in advance that you be asked this question, so you’ve had an opportunity prepare), do you respond (a) hell no; or (b) well, uh, I don’t remember that specifically, but I do know that I always got mom’s permission before I took any girls out on a date when I was in my thirties?

Face the facts. Several underage accusers. Many more accusers just of age (which evidences the attraction to extremely younger women). People corroborating that the accusers told them about it at the time. Dozens of people attesting that he preyed on young girls. People (including some police) confirming that he was banned from a Mall because he was making teenage girls uncomfortable. The list goes on.

On the other hand, you have a limp semi-denial from Moore’s attorney. Oh, and you have Moore telling you he doesn’t recall whether he molested teenage girls. Pretty compelling stuff.
You're wasting your time. You could address the facts of the worst case scenario having happened and it will have no impact on some. They want to want what they want, or staunchly believe something for whatever reason, even if it's screwy.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Some people resort to insults when they don't have a good argument in a debate. I don't think you are capable of talking about the facts of the allegations because you have never looked at Roy's defense.

If you just take an accuser's allegations at face value without any further investigation, then you can't be a person who cares about justice. This is only about politics to you.
You must be Moore's best friend, you really seem to love him.

Old 12-01-2017, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
You must be Moore's best friend, you really seem to love him.
I would say your politics are clouding your ability to be objective about the facts. I think many of you want the allegations to be true.

That's why you make insulting comments like this rather than talk about what witnesses have said, like I have done. You don't want to talk about the witnesses that contradict the accusers.

For example, witnesses have cast major doubt on Nelson's assertion that she worked at that BBQ restaurant but the Moore haters on here don't seem to think this matters. It would matter in a courtroom.

Moore isn't my kind of candidate, he says stuff that doesn't help the GOP in general but that doesn't mean he's guilty of crimes.

In my view, if Moore is truly a sexual predator, there would be accusations by women of more recent predatory behavior, not just allegations of behavior 40 years ago. I don't think sexual predators stop doing it. If you look at the other men in the news being accused , there appears to be a pattern over a number of years.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 12-01-2017 at 05:02 AM..

Old 12-01-2017, 05:03 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
I would say your politics are clouding your ability to be objective about the facts. I think many of you want the allegations to be true.

That's why you make insulting comments like this rather than talk about what witnesses have said, like I have done. You don't want to talk about the witnesses that contradict the accusers.

For example, witnesses have cast major doubt on Nelson's assertion that she worked at that BBQ restaurant but the Moore haters on here don't seem to think this matters. It would matter in a courtroom.

Moore isn't my kind of candidate, he says stuff that doesn't help the GOP in general but that doesn't mean he's guilty of crimes.

In my view, if Moore is truly a sexual predator, there would be accusations by women of more recent predatory behavior, not allegations of behavior 40 years ago. I don't think sexual predators stop doing it. If you look at the other men in the news being accused , there appears to be a pattern over a number of years.
Bwahahaha! Good one!

Old 12-01-2017, 05:05 AM

I note you don't address the account by witnesses that Nelson didn't work at the restaurant, despite asserting that you are objective.

If Nelson didn't work at the restaurant despite saying that she did, she has a major credibility problem. This is just one of the things that she said that other witnesses have contradicted.

Old 12-01-2017, 06:27 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
If Nelson didn't work at the restaurant despite saying that she did, she has a major credibility problem.
that would but.... it hasn't been established that nelson didn't. if i recall correctly, the woman said she "didn't remember" nelson but it's not mentioned whether they worked at the restaurant at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies