Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2017, 06:52 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,051,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I am curious if all these accusers will disappear now that Moore has lost.....as it seems their timing was to affect this election.
I think it's a safe bet that Moore himself will disappear now that he's lost. So long Roy, we hardly knew ye.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:09 AM

46,189 posts, read 26,935,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
This thread was at the top of our Politics and Controversies section for how many days? Immediately after the election is over and the left wins; it starts making it's trip into oblivion. Does anybody really care if Moore was guilty or innocent? If accusations are all it takes to topple our leaders today; then we are in trouble. I hope that these charges make their way into a court and that the American people can see for themselves if they had merit or if they were simply for political gain.

I really do not know enough to decide one way or another. My feeling is that the American people are waking up to all the false information given out during our elections. Thanks to the internet; I do not think we are as gullible as we once were. Of course that has to be proven!
Agreed, when a dem can stand up and lie, get caught and say, well, he did not win, did he.....

Yes, all this will fade away in a week or so....like it never happened....

Old 12-13-2017, 07:25 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,029,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Agreed, when a dem can stand up and lie, get caught and say, well, he did not win, did he.....

Yes, all this will fade away in a week or so....like it never happened....
If it fades away; should the charges have ever been made in the first place? If this would turn out to be nothing more than reporters making their own news; then I think it was a travesty. If, on the other hand; the accusations are proven to have merit; then he should be charged if possible. Maybe the statue of limitations ran out - I do not know? I just worry about the truth and I hope that we will see it one way or another.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:35 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
If it fades away; should the charges have ever been made in the first place? If this would turn out to be nothing more than reporters making their own news; then I think it was a travesty. If, on the other hand; the accusations are proven to have merit; then he should be charged if possible. Maybe the statue of limitations ran out - I do not know? I just worry about the truth and I hope that we will see it one way or another.
The charges are he is creepy and not worthy of such an office. It's crazy how people are unable to learn the lesson that bad candidates are not the way to go.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:37 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,331,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I am curious if all these accusers will disappear now that Moore has lost.....as it seems their timing was to affect this election.
What do you expect them to do? The time has long passed when they could do anything to him in terms of criminal or civil action in court. They did the only thing they possibly could already.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:45 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,560,080 times
Even putting aside that everything presented so far points to the accusations being accurate (including Moore's own words), the idea that lifelong Republicans with no civil recourse to pursue, nothing to gain, and everything to lose would engage in a widespread conspiracy to defame Roy Moore almost as stupid as the claim that Gloria Allred and The Washington Post would risk it all just to falsely attack a Senate candidate who was all-but-certain to win anyway.

We are getting into "Hillary Clinton orchestrated the Trump Tower meeting with the Russians" level of tin foil hattery here.

If Roy Moore feels so wronged by these accusations, he has always had his recourse in the form of a defamation suit. You can draw your own conclusions as to his belief regarding his likelihood of success (and by implication, the accuracy of the accusations) by its absence.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:57 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,051,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Even putting aside that everything presented so far points to the accusations being accurate (including Moore's own words), the idea that lifelong Republicans with no civil recourse to pursue, nothing to gain, and everything to lose would engage in a widespread conspiracy to defame Roy Moore almost as stupid as the claim that Gloria Allred and The Washington Post would risk it all just to falsely attack a Senate candidate who was all-but-certain to win anyway.

We are getting into "Hillary Clinton orchestrated the Trump Tower meeting with the Russians" level of tin foil hattery here.

If Roy Moore feels so wronged by these accusations, he has always had his recourse in the form of a defamation suit. You can draw your own conclusions as to his belief regarding his likelihood of success (and by implication, the accuracy of the accusations) by its absence.
It will be interesting to see if Moore follows up on this. Personally I believe the accusations are credible and that Moore will choose to fade into the woodwork like the cockroach he is.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:03 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,292,741 times
The main focus of the allegations now was to make sure Moore didn't get into a seat of power due to his dubious past, which to be honest, was warranted.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:21 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,917,432 times
What is truly sad/funny about this whole deal is that the news (including FOX believe it or not) and some Dems are crowing about how HUGE a victory this is.

If one looks at this in a non-partisan fashion the reality of this "election" is that one candidate won by the slimmest, teeny,tiny margin against someone who shouldn't/couldn't get elected dog catcher given the same circumstances.

If you compared this election to a foot race Jones was racing against someone with one leg in a cast,blind in both eyes and Jones started with a 3/4 track head start and STILL only won by a nose. Huge? Not hardly but it's certainly weird.

Forget the sexual accusations, Moore's prior judicial actions and his statements over the years (along with his wife's btw) should've crippled him and made him toxic but for some reason he made it through the primaries.
As someone who doesn't live and work alongside the people of Alabama I'm in no position to comment on how or why this might have occurred other than to say that this nation as a whole has gotten to a point where bizarre things are going on with our elections...

Old 12-13-2017, 08:28 AM

17,932 posts, read 27,351,852 times
I'm happy for the Democrats on their huge win last night.

They wanted this.

The Rino Republicans wanted this.

Now the impotent and worthless GOP has the perfect excuse to sit around and do nothing.

If something gets done, blame Trump. If it don't get done, blame the deadlocked Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies