Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 06:45 AM

39,073 posts, read 51,209,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
So the teenagers who witnessed this didn't tell anyone? I'd think they would considering the position he held. The timing is off too.

No reason to believe her based on "she said so". Not until evidence comes out, can reasonable people come to a conclusion.
Is that you, Mr. Cosby? 4 named accusers, 30 contemporaneous witnesses. Reasonable people have no trouble reaching a conclusion on this.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:45 AM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
The environment for women to report sexual harassment or misconduct has changed.
If it's true throw the book him...

Again, he has been elected numerous times in Alabama, you don't find this just a little odd, that now, just before another election it comes up?

Old 11-10-2017, 06:46 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,379,222 times
If he committed these acts, he should step down. All accused, including Moore deserve due process and the benefit of the doubt, but I think it's likely this is true. You have to go with what you feel in your gut.

Just as we know Bill Clinton is a slimy guy and we knew Ted Kennedy was, we also know Roy Moore is. The fact that he was removed from the Alabama Supreme Court for ordering judges not to follow a SCOTUS ruling is reason enough to disqualify him from public office.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:46 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,185,254 times
Default It's all over, mabye even in good Christian Alabama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I wonder if you were so charitable with allegations of sexual misconduct against Clinton?

Be that it may, the accusations against Moore are made by multiple accusers. I believe them. Not him.

Many time allegations come out years later. Especially in molestation cases. I'd rather know it now than later.
They also tend to come out when women feel comfortable enough to tell about their attacker. Can you imagine a young woman accusing one of the most powerful men in a position of authority in her home state, imagine what her fear of retribution from the powerful and from strangers (like people here) would be?

But the stories coming out of Hollywood have made it possible for the fearful and powerless to feel it's time for them to speak up. Or did you think these stories of molestation and rape happen only somewhere you aren't, such as Hollywood?

Old 11-10-2017, 06:47 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sounds like Mr. Moore needs to switch to the Democratic party. He would likely be their presidential candidate in 2020.
Did we forget who was elected already?

Old 11-10-2017, 06:49 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Innocent until proven guilty....sound familiar?

well, Clinton has never been proven guilty but there are still numerous posts saying he's a rapist to this day. I've never seen a conservative admonish another for saying so.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:52 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Ever hear of the phrase, "innocent until proven guilty?" That's how the American justice system is supposed to work. It seams as though in recent years the Leftists can claim anything they want to about anyone, and it's automatically regarded as fact. Where is the evidence? Thirty eight years ago is a long time. Did these 'girls' say anything to anyone at the time? Gregg Jerrett, attorney and Fox News Legal Analyst, said, "I am suspicious because of the source." The Washington Post "has a dog in this fight," and "I am suspicious because of the timing of it." He adds, "the tardiness of this is really suspicious," referring to the fact that 38 years have passed. He says, "witnesses lie, parties lie, lawyers lie."

People do lie for political purposes, according to Mercedes Colwin, an attorney and Fox News Legal Analyst, who has tried such cases and won 50 of 52 of them. She says the liars fall apart on the witness stand. She also said people and Corporation will pay (settle) even if not guilty, because once a case is filed, in today's climate, the allegations become 'fact.'

I believe Roy Moore. This is just way too convenient weeks before the election. Exactly like what the Democrats tried to do with the "dossier."
This is the court of public opinion not a court of law. This will never end up in a court so that is a rather weak defense, this woman has nothing to gain so you either believe her or Roy Moore.

Did you use the same line of reasoning for Weinstein, innocent until proven guilty.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:55 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Only in Alabama. A state Republican politician weighs in on the Roy Moore allegations:

"Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus," Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told The Washington Examiner. "There's just nothing immoral or illegal here.
Amazing that these fools actual hold office, I wonder if he would feel the same way if a 32 year old man picked up his 14 year old daughter and took her over to his house. I don't imagine he would be searching through the bible to rationalize an adult taking advantage of his daughter.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:03 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Who is defending him?

Every post I read that isn't a "he's a guilty pos who should be hung" post is simply either questioning the "automatically guilty " attitude or saying a forty year old accusation seems pretty shaky.

There are people on this thread saying with four women accusing him of rape, it must be true while two are accusing them of taking them in dates while they were of legal age, one of him asking her on a date while under age and one of being a creepy old man who sexually assaulted her (due to age).

Right now, there is ZERO published proof, only an accusation.

In your mind is an accusation always actionable?
Come on now, Pete.

The posts I've read aren't calling for Moore to be "locked up!" because of these women coming forward. That's gotta follow due process and we all know that.

If Moore had a shred of integrity (and I doubt that he does) he should step aside as candidate for the senate this go-round and let another Pub who doesn't stand accused of molesting young girls take up the GOP banner.

THAT is what's at issue here.

What's highly amusing are the responses of Pub officials in Bama who are simply A-OK with Moore's perversions and hypocrisy. Getting this particular lunatic seated in the senate regardless of his deviant, unethical and unlawful behavior is their only concern.

The mask of respectability and "Christian morality" has been torn off the face of the Bama Republican machine and we all see what a squirming mass of maggots they truly are.

For that matter, the RNC should pull any and all funding they've put into Moore's campaign. And McConnell might have some options for keeping him from being seated if he wins. It'll be very interesting to see what Pubs outside of Bama do with this mess.

Maybe they'll just write it off as more locker room talk.

Let's see how the chips fall on this one. I'd bet that Moore gets elected, because these so called evangelicals show that they're hot to trot for whoever the craziest SOB on the ballot is. And in this election, that's not even a question.

It's all highly entertaining.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:08 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,836,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's always the loudest bible thumpers that turn out to be the worst perverts.
Exactly. I have been saying for years something will come out on him. I have learned over the years that those who are always thumping the bible and telling others what they should do based on their religion are almost always using religion to mask something. I am not surprised one bit other than I really thought it would be little boys he was fooling with rather than young girls. The guy is a nut job and how people haven't been able to see that is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies