Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2017, 01:03 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,869,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Louis CK stood up and admitted his wrongdoing like a man.

Now we need Roy Moore to do the right Christian thing and do the same.
Ain't gonna happen. Moore is a coward. He won't even consent to a debate with his opponent (and this long before these sex charges).

Old 11-10-2017, 01:04 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,132,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Louis CK stood up and admitted his wrongdoing like a man.

Now we need Roy Moore to do the right Christian thing and do the same.
Saying your sorry in right wing world is considered a sign of weakness

It will hurt Moore than help him.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:05 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,336,269 times
Default Ok for a man in his 30s to romance a teenager

I’m just trying to wrap my head around the rhetoric offered by Jim Zeigler, Alabama state auditor. In the Bible, Joseph married Mary when she was a teenager. Therefore, it is acceptable for a man in his 30s to romantically pursue a 14 year old? Is Jim Zeigler really making this claim?

Old 11-10-2017, 01:13 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,805,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
I'll give you Trump, and raise you a...

Rattner
CK
Spacey
Weinstein
Weinstein
Weiner
Hoffman
Toback...

Do you want me to go on?

Go ahead, list all the "conservatives"...just stop acting like it's just "bible thumpers" who are the creepos!
Clarence Thomas

Herman Cain - It is alleged that he sexually assaulted former subordinates when he was the head of the Restaurant Association. Up to 3 women have come forward.

Newt Gingrich - a “moral values” man who left his first wife when she was in the hospital recovering from cancer, and cheated with his future next wife with his then current wife.

Phillip Hinkle -Allegedly agreed to pay a man named Kameryn Gibson $140 for a sexual encounter.

Christopher Lee - (not the actor) Sent flirtatious e-mails and a shirtless photo in response to a personal ad of a single 34-year-old woman on Craigslist.

Mark Sanford - claimed he was wondering the Appalachian trail when he left the country to visit his Argentinian mistriss.

Mike Duvall - Resigned in 2009 after a tape of sexually explicit comments he made to women went public.

Larry Craig - airport restroom foot touching sex solicitation scandal guy.

Mark Foley - Involved in a texting scandal with male House pages.

Rudy Giuliani - upstanding family values guy cheated on his wife.

Dennis Hastert - child sex offender who paid $3.5 million in hush money went to a former student who had accused him of inappropriate sexual conduct.

Rush Limbaugh - drug addict

Yep, not to hard to find a list of upstanding conservative creepos, er, citizens.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:13 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,045,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Jim Bakker
Billy James Hargis
George Alan Rekers
Lonnie Frisbee
Gilbert Deya
Tony Alamo
Ted Haggard
Zentatsu Richard Baker
Yogi Amrit Desai
Baruch Lanner
Jimmy Swaggart
Paul Barnes
Lonnie Latham
Earl Paulk
Joe Barron
Eddie Long
Bob Larson
Bob Coy
Louis Lamonica
Dave Loveless
countless other ministers and priests
So you are going to stand by...only Christians/"bible thumpers"/right wingers are of the sexual predatory variety then?

Old 11-10-2017, 01:16 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Anything to defend the bible-thumping predator who preys on minors...

You can be sure he'd take a different position if the person in question were a liberal democrat.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:17 PM

934 posts, read 398,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I’m just trying to wrap my head around the rhetoric offered by Jim Zeigler, Alabama state auditor. In the Bible, Joseph married Mary when she was a teenager. Therefore, it is acceptable for a man in his 30s to romantically pursue a 14 year old? Is Jim Zeigler really making this claim?
They may have believed it 2000yrs ago. Some may think so even today. I don't care what's the age of consent in anyone's neck of woods. Heck I don't even care what it is in mine. If someone in his 30s had pursued my daughter when she was 14, that POS would have had to deal with me and her father first.
ps. and I don't guarantee he would've been able to pursue anyone after that.

Last edited by switchtoecig; 11-10-2017 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: wrong word

Old 11-10-2017, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool Keeth View Post
So you are going to stand by...only Christians/"bible thumpers"/right wingers are of the sexual predatory variety then?
Right wingers and Christians seem to be some of the most hypocritical.

If an atheist or agnostic molests someone it's horrible, but atheists aren't going around on high horses with moral superiority complexes.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
They may have believed it was 2000yrs ago. Some may think so even today. I don't care what's the age of consent in anyone's neck of woods. Heck I don't even care what it is in mine. If someone in his 30s had pursued my daughter when she was 14, that POS would have had to deal with me and her father first.
These bible thumpers are still caught in the 200 BC mindset when 14 years old was considered a woman.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:22 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,427,757 times
Default Back on topic--Republican Campaign Finance Committee Defunds Moore

Wow..this thread sure wandered off topic...

U.S. Republican Senate campaign wing ends fundraising tie with Moore: Politico | Reuters

Looks like the first shots in the Bannon vs 'Real' Republican civil war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies