Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 06:49 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Why is it the some in the GOP, most notable the Alabama GOP, are circling the wagons around Roy Moore?

We're getting the "it was 40 years ago", "so he kissed a 14 year old girl" (no it was more than that and really, a 30-ish ma ewe year old man kissing and sexually assaulting a 14 year old girl?) and my favorite, "Mary was a teenager and had Jesus".

“I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn’t want to vote for Doug,” said Bibb County chairman Jerry Pow. “I’m not saying I support what he did.”

Covington County chairman William Blocker also said he’d consider voting for Moore even if hard evidence of sexual abuse emerged. “There is no option to support Doug Jones, the Democratic nominee. When you do that, you are supporting the entire Democrat party,” he said.

Geneva County chairman Riley Seibenhener said he did not think Moore should withdraw even if the allegations were true. “Other than being with an underage person — he didn’t really force himself,” Seibenhener said. “I know that’s bad enough, but I don’t know. If he withdraws, it’s five weeks to the election . . . that would concede it to the Democrat. It was 40 years ago,” said Marion County chairman David Hall. “I really don’t see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14.” He added, incorrectly, “She’s not saying that anything happened other than they kissed.”
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-year-old.html

“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Zeigler told The Washington Examiner. “There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here. Maybe just a little bit unusual.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.314fc961b0e3

And mind this, those supporting Moore are saying that it is acceptable for a man in his 30's to prey on teenage girls under the age of 16 (age of consent in Alabama) whether or not he committed these acts.

What is wrong with these people? "I'll stick with the child molester from my party before I vote for the non-child molester in another party".
The comments, if true, are disgusting. But why cite a few comments and say the GOP is circling the wagons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2017, 07:16 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,244 times
Leave Louis alone. So what, if the gals did not like the view they are free to leave. He didn't attack anyone.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:36 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Anyone who would defend either of these men is lower than scum. Utterly repulsive. But the main difference seems to be if they are in show business, they lose their job. If they are in politics, they get elected to the Senate or Presidency.

Old 11-10-2017, 08:34 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
There was an episode of CK's new comedy show that showed him naked. I don't know how many takes it took to get the scene right, but I'm sure his female costar got an eye full of frontal nudity every time they did the scene. I thought it was a little gratuitous. In that kind of comedy nudity can usually be be done with camera trickery. I haven't watched an episode since, naked isn't funny it's just boring to me.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:09 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I was a Louis CK fan for years. I found him funny, and only got the creepy vibe in so much as any of my many male friends who mean well but are a little awkward and uncomfortable around women. Then, about a year ago, I first started hearing about the accusations. Tig Notaro has been very vocal talking about what happened. No one listened until now.
When you combine his social awkwardness with a hint of arrogance and comedic license to say and do just about anything is where it gets really creepy. It is one thing if it is a schtick, but if even half of his comedy is "real" I feel sorry for his family, particularly his kids.

Old 11-10-2017, 09:41 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Anyone who would defend either of these men is lower than scum. Utterly repulsive. But the main difference seems to be if they are in show business, they lose their job. If they are in politics, they get elected to the Senate or Presidency.
Yep, and the other difference is, if they are in show business they are excoriated by the right, and if they are in politics the right votes for them.

Old 11-10-2017, 12:50 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
I have to give him credit for owning up to it.

Louis C.K. has released a statement admitting guilt and apologizing following accusations from multiple women of sexual misconduct — including claims he masturbated in front of them or while on the phone — that ran Thursday in the New York Times.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/10/louis...ries-are-true/

Old 11-10-2017, 12:53 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
“For some reason, there seems to be a drop off in Tweets from Louis C.K. about what a reprobate Donald Trump is.”

-@AnnCoulter

Old 11-10-2017, 01:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I have to give him credit for owning up to it.

Louis C.K. has released a statement admitting guilt and apologizing following accusations from multiple women of sexual misconduct — including claims he masturbated in front of them or while on the phone — that ran Thursday in the New York Times.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/10/louis...ries-are-true/
While I certainly don't condone his behaviour, and this doesn't solve anything, I'll give him credit for taking ownership of it. That's how an apology should be done.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:12 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
The wapo article has 30 sources actually.

Why is the right so quick to jump on allegations about Hollywood types but is willing to overlook allegations against anyone in the GOP? Yet all the Democrats I know hold people accountable regardless of party.
Dems do that? LIke how they kicked Ted Kennedy out of the party? Or Bill Clinton? wait... oh...

so CK, does something terrible and admits it and its the Republican Party's fault? That happened?

really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies