Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 09:12 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,993,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I so don't understand the people who dismiss so-called "locker room behavior."
Wasn't that coach in PA convicted for his locker room behavior?

I'd think after having that standard set that people would take this "stuff" a whole lot more seriously.

But as has been noted, they just don't care if it means their guy gets elected.
Just so you know, talk is different than actual behavior as in "doing vs saying". You get that difference right?

Old 11-11-2017, 09:14 AM

10,520 posts, read 6,156,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So don't BUT at least apply the same standards to both sides of the political isle or enjoy the life of a hypocrite...
In what way? Please elaborate.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:02 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Just so you know, talk is different than actual behavior as in "doing vs saying". You get that difference right?
Yes but it has to stay just that. Trump has cases of him being a skirt chaser that never came to light because people didn't think they had thee power to say anything, similar to the Weinstein situation.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:52 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It's not just Trump, we are seeing it now with Roy Moore. Why are The Cult members so quick to give Roy Moore the benefit of the doubt when they did not do the same for Kevin Spacey? Don't bother, I'll answer for them. One is a liberal Hollywood guy and the other a conservative politician. Anyone thinking that is OK is an idiot.

The Roy Moore thing could very well be nothing, we shall see. But we need to treat all of these situations the same and not pick and choose which accuser to believe and which to dismiss based on nothing more than the politics of the accused. That really isn't too much to ask.
"Why are The Cult members so quick to give Roy Moore the benefit of the doubt when they did not do the same'

I could post a LIST of time the dems said a repub was guilty BEFORE any investigation was even started.

Heck, these pages are FULL of dems who said Trump was guilty of all sorts of things an demanded his impeachment.

Sen Diane Feinstein said the other day, again, she has seen NOTHING to show collusion of Trump and the Russians and she is on the Senate Intelligence Committee and has SEE lot of the info.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:33 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Simple. It was locker room talk of I COULD grab a WILLING woman.

No, it wasn't. He was no where near a "locker room " and a women was present when he said it.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:37 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No, it wasn't. He was no where near a "locker room " and a women was present when he said it.
Yes, it was.

I assume you feel water cooler gossip must occur around a water cooler.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbCZn36fIlg

Old 11-12-2017, 04:12 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,287,640 times
Quote:
Trump loves a good dismissive tag line to deflect the heat off of him when he pulls yet ANOTHER of his regular Trump eff ups. Thus you have:

Fake News= Any true story about Trump or his "issues" that he doesn't like.

Locker room talk(in Trump's frame of reference)="Oops! I got caught" being a bombastic, boorish, braggart blowhard blathering on about my inept, loser sexual attempts/assaults. But, so you won't see me as a cad, a criminal or a full-of-crap loser, but just "boys will be boys", we'll call it [:wink:wink:] "Locker room talk". See how easy that is? The easily duped will think of what is actually crude, crass and criminal as just "boy talk" as Melania put it. (See, people enable and make excuses for me all the time like that. What I get away with! It's great!)

They let me do it (in Trump's frame of reference)= I was on them like a rabid dog. They didn't EVEN know what was coming. And by the time it was over and they had fended me off, they were too stunned and in a state of shock to respond. The looks on their faces! And, what were they gonna do anyway? After all, I'm the rich, famous Trump. Who wouldn't want a little "hit and run" from me?

Kellyanne is a sellout pathologically lying dingbat but she was right about Trump having "alternative facts". I hope he gets to present them in court someday soon under the questioning of a no nonsense, hardened DA.

Old 11-12-2017, 05:17 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,954,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Think again. She's been accused of raping an underaged girl. As far as I know this had never been debunked, and, Hillary had never publicly addressed the issue. But it's Hillary so she gets a pass, eh?
No, she hasn’t. You clearly can’t grasp the difference between an accusation and rumormongering. When is anyone ever come forward and said that Hillary Clinton sexually harassed, abused or assailted them? Not once. Right-wing Internet trolls can speculate and make wild fabrications, but that is not the same as an accusation.

Old 11-13-2017, 03:11 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, it was.

Prove it,Billy Bush did not interview trump in a locker room?

Old 11-13-2017, 03:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,782,455 times
Quote:
They are pulling shows and stopping movies that have people in the entertainment industry "accused" of many inappropriate things and I am not making light of it,just the opposite. Yet we ignore the actual tape recording of the President wanting to grab women by their ______ and he all so has alleged harassment complaints against him. Why the double standard,why is OK for trump to do it but not anyone else?
If a person wished someone dead is it the same as a murderer who follows through?

There's a difference between bragging about something, and actually doing it. Trump only bragged about all the women he could get, while these Hollywood hypocrites are actual rapists and pedophiles.

You may not be making light of it, but you certainly are trying to shift the message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies