Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 04:46 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Which states have the most residents on SS disability? Answer=Red states. Many people there don't work but are none too happy to line up at the federal trough. These same people then belittle those on welfare as bums.
If you bother to look at an election map, many red states (especially in the south) have blue counties that has high poverty, high crime, and people dependent on welfare.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:56 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
If you bother to look at an election map, many red states (especially in the south) have blue counties that has high poverty, high crime, and people dependent on welfare.
True.

Lots of red counties dependent on the government too. The county where I grew up is almost entirely white, has a huge disability fraud problem, widespread food stamp usage, and an out of control opioid problem. Trump got over 80% of the vote.

Same thing for the entire region. White, rampant abuse of government programs, and all huge blowout wins where Trump got 70%+ of the vote.

Every time this discussion comes up, the right tries to pretend that the problem is isolated to some black people who vote D, when in reality there are huge swaths of white America filled with junkies and bums and fraudsters who overwhelmingly vote Republican.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:11 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Yep.

One can roughly see the vertices of the 'Texas Triangle' by looking at a blue/red map of Texas counties. Bexar (San Antonio), Dallas (Dallas), and Harris (Houston) are quite noticeable in contrast to the red. One can also see where Travis (Austin) lies in between Bexar and Dallas.

Old 11-10-2017, 05:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
A deduction isn't a subsidy. State and local taxes are partially deductible on the federal form, like a laundry list of other things.
But thats not what the lefts been arguing for years, over things like deductions for donations to non profits, churches etc...

Old 11-10-2017, 05:47 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post

With the changes (adding mortgage deductions back in and not messing with 401k), I pretty much pay the same now as I did before. But it really scared me for a while. I said in another thread that I’m an Independent voter and vote both parties depending on who I think will do better in the office. But these proposals give me pause. I feel like me, as a middle class homeowner, was in the GOP crosshairs being told I need to pay more in taxes. And I vote GOP for lower taxes! Even if none of this passes, I won’t forget that.
Would you rather have the extra taxes that you paid for redistributed to lazy freeloaders who contributed nothing?

Old 11-10-2017, 05:49 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Would you rather have the extra taxes that you paid for redistributed to lazy freeloaders who contributed nothing?

why- did you hear it was all going to WV to pay for the disability for those perpetual out of work miners scamming the system? That's outrageous...

Old 11-10-2017, 05:55 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,596,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Cute article but this is not new. Blue states have been carrying this country on their backs for a long time.

Without our help, several red states would be perpetually depressed.

Red state lawmakers find blue state piggy bank | TheHill
Someone's lying....

https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

Old 11-10-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post

so MS, TN, LA and the like don't fund 40% or more of their budget from federal tax dollars that blue states are net payers of? A lot easier to have less debt when you get all that sweet lib tax dollar enabled state welfare each year.

Old 11-10-2017, 06:36 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
True.

Lots of red counties dependent on the government too. The county where I grew up is almost entirely white, has a huge disability fraud problem, widespread food stamp usage, and an out of control opioid problem. Trump got over 80% of the vote.

Same thing for the entire region. White, rampant abuse of government programs, and all huge blowout wins where Trump got 70%+ of the vote.

Every time this discussion comes up, the right tries to pretend that the problem is isolated to some black people who vote D, when in reality there are huge swaths of white America filled with junkies and bums and fraudsters who overwhelmingly vote Republican.
hey now you are getting far too close to the truth there.

the trump set are not going to like you telling people this. they like pretending all the world's woes come down to brown people and damn pot smoking libs .

Old 11-10-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
hey now you are getting far too close to the truth there.

the trump set are not going to like you telling people this. they like pretending all the world's woes come down to brown people and damn pot smoking libs .

come one we all know minorities on welfare are lazy good for nothing leeches, while white people on SSDI in WV are just good old salt of the earth types just down on their luck who earned the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies