Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 01:18 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Considering how many and how often cars are used, it's not a high number.

If "assault weapons/rifles" (call em whatever you want) were used as often as cars where, you'd see much more than 33K deaths a year, that is for sure
Considering assault rifles and assault weapons are few in existence, astronomically expensive (25k for a beat up used M16) and on a registry, and not used. They're not used at all...

Assault weapons start really looking good... don't they?

But if you want to argue a false premise of firearms being an issue to public safety and well being, guns averaging 8500 per year...

Cars averaging 33,000 deaths per year...

Then ya'll should leave your anti gun rhetoric behind and go do something about car fatalities.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:19 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,140,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Considering assault rifles and assault weapons are few in existence, astronomically expensive (25k for a beat up used M16) and on a registry, and not used. They're not used at all...

Assault weapons start really looking good... don't they?

But if you want to argue a false premise of firearms being an issue to public safety and well being, guns averaging 8500 per year...

Cars averaging 33,000 deaths per year...

Then ya'll should leave your anti gun rhetoric behind and go do something about car fatalities.
Cars average more because we use them a lot more

If people carried and used guns as often as they used cars you'd see shootings skyrocket.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:21 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,698 times
Quote:
Oh stop your nonsense.

Car accidents average 33k per year since 01 I don't see you grandstanding the banning of assault vehicles.

Do the math of 33k per year since 01 to 17

8500 x 16=136,000
33,000 x 16= 528,000

I'd say your priorities are emotional leftist drivel.
One of these objects is fundamental to our economy and way of life, one isn't. You surely have the mental capacity to grasp this.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
People shot and killed by the police last year in:

UK: 4

Germany: 10

United States: 957

I'm 100% pro police but our cops are forced to be trigger happy since every single person they encounter has a high probability of being armed. Hence they need to be on high alert all the time, which is extremely stressful and leads to a better chance for mental issues down the road. They also have far more encounters with armed people then any other police force in any other first world nation. They also get killed in the line of duty far more often.
957 doesn't even register on a probability scale if you were to take 320 million and try to see what the chances are of being shot by police, it is such an insignificant number... here let's do the math ken.

957 of 320,000,000 is 0.0002990625% chance of being shot by police.

MUH GUN ARGUMENT!

Old 11-10-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
One of these objects is fundamental to our economy and way of life, one isn't. You surely have the mental capacity to grasp this.
If guns disappeared from the USA tomorrow we'd be like Australia

If cars were to disappear from the USA tomorrow we'd be like England, 1800's England.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Cars average more because we use them a lot more

If people carried and used guns as often as they used cars you'd see shootings skyrocket.
Quote:
So you 2 hypocrites don't care enough about your fellow Americans to pass common sense transportation laws? Comprehensive background checks? Argue nobody needs a Porsche a Mustang a Corvette Camaro? Ban ban ban. Reduce assault truck fuel capacity to 10 rounds. I mean 10 gallons so they can't go from jersey city to Manhattan?

Ken cut the chit. I hunt. That's fundamental to my economic and way of life. As I refuse to pay for pork at a grocery store when I can drive to Okeechobee and shoot it for 28 cents per round.

Surely you lack any mental capacity.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:27 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
Quote:
A fundamental of our "way of life" is the belief in inalienable rights that are natural and not granted by the criminal institution of aggression known as "government". The individual right to self-defense from aggressors, be it singular criminals or criminal institutions like government, should be seen as a natural unalienable right to anyone but a masochist/slave/subject/"citizen".

But statists/slaves/"citizens" have been brainwashed and happily relinquish the mental capacity to understand their natural rights.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
So you 2 hypocrites don't care enough about your fellow Americans to pass common sense transportation laws? Comprehensive background checks? Argue nobody needs a Porsche a Mustang a Corvette Camaro? Ban ban ban. Reduce assault truck fuel capacity to 10 rounds. I mean 10 gallons so they can't go from jersey city to Manhattan?

Ken cut the chit. I hunt. That's fundamental to my economic and way of life. As I refuse to pay for pork at a grocery store when I can drive to Okeechobee and shoot it for 28 cents per round.

Surely you lack any mental capacity.
Took me 5 minutes to fill out a form which gave me the legal right to buy a gun 5 miles from my house.

I can't legally drive a semi, I'd have to take classes and many hours of training and pass a test and get insurance.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:32 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A valid point. No need to go overboard. Go nuts on your own property and let those who enter assume the inherent risks. See? - compromise!
Compromise? Here's one. One that even benefits the gun-control advocates far more than the gun-rights people.

1.) "Gun Control" advocates stop trying to authorize government to ban and restrict people's guns, and promise never to advocate something so destructive again. Legislators who voted for it are forbidden to hold public office ever again.

2.) And we will promise not to hold them responsible for the thousands of Americans who died with no means of protecting themselves after they and their ilk made laws disarming them. Laws that criminals found easy to ignore as they armed to the teeth and found victims helpless before them, most lately at the church in Sutherland Springs TX. With no need to worry about anyone shooting back before the criminals escaped.

Sound OK? Normal people lose some illegal legislation and are protected from people who want to enact it. Big Govt "gun control" advocates get away with thousands of murders. What could be more fair? Actually, this compromise benefits the "gun control" pushers far more than it does for normal Americans. But that's OK, we're in a magnanimous mood.

Old 11-10-2017, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
A fundamental of our "way of life" is the belief in inalienable rights that are natural and not granted by the criminal institution of aggression known as "government". The individual right to self-defense from aggressors, be it singular criminals or criminal institutions like government, should be seen as a natural unalienable right to anyone but a masochist/slave/subject/"citizen".

But statists/slaves/"citizens" have been brainwashed and happily relinquish the mental capacity to understand their natural rights.
This too!

I love their angle a false premise, one where firearms are a common plague to society yet... change the implement or method of death and we get crickets or well, Muh cars! We need Muh Cars!

They want to go by numbers fine. Numbers look terrible for cars trucks suvs...

End goal. Bubble wrap suit society, safe spaces, government intervention in their homes. Cry for more gun laws when the government doesn't even follow their own laws and want the same government to be in charge of a college education and oversight of health care...

Liberalism is a mental disease. It's fun playing their mental gymnastics and wrecking their narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies