Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 09:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
The counties that supported Clinton have 75% of the U.S. economic output.

Basically educated, productive folks hate Trump and ignorant moochers love Trump.
So the "rich" people supported Clinton then while the average folks, voted Trump....

And you guys are whining its the GOP thats the party of the rich.. your own fact states thats wrong..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2017, 10:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Are you saying the chart I posted at the top is a lie? Go to indeed.com: over 300,000 job openings posted there right now.

Massive gas taxes? 12 cents is massive? That was done just to keep up with inflation. I've seen the list of projects that will get built using this tax money -- I'll gladly pay a couple of bucks per fillup to see them get built.
Oh, when did gasoline taxes have to "keep up with inflation?"

I'm a former San Diegan and my wife is a native. We left because of the massive constantly increasing taxes and cost of living in CA. There is a housing shortage in San Diego because builders won't build the kind of tract homes anymore that were affordable when we bought our first house there (Mira Mesa) in 1972. They can't make a profit building them. They are only building luxury homes and condos.

I have Facebook friends in CA, and they are extremely angry at the recent 12 cent/gal gas tax increase. Jerry Brown's California is a mess. He was a failure as governor when we lived there. I can't believe they gave him a third and fourth term (not all consecutive, of course)! He shouldn't have been allowed to run ever again. His father was also a failure.

It's people like you that ruined California.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:22 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So the "rich" people supported Clinton then while the average folks, voted Trump....

And you guys are whining its the GOP thats the party of the rich.. your own fact states thats wrong..
Both parties are the party of the rich. That should be painfully obvious by now.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:22 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
The counties that supported Clinton have 75% of the U.S. economic output.

Basically educated, productive folks hate Trump and ignorant moochers love Trump.

Your argument is stupid and wrong....this silly narrative has been proven wrong by all legitimate sources....why continue lying?
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ump-exit-polls

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7a23d85d5f69

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lass/83972800/

Old 11-12-2017, 10:34 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
I can't speak for other states, but Montana can not emulate California!
The Montana State Constitution REQUIRES a balanced budget! If the Legislature can not or will not balance the budget, the Governor is required to make cuts in state spending wherever he can, to bring the budget in balance. That is why we are about to have a special session of the Legislature: Projected spending exceeds projected revenue. That is not allowed!
So, MT cannot emulate the deficit spending for which CA is famous.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:35 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Your argument is stupid and wrong....this silly narrative has been proven wrong by all legitimate sources....why continue lying?
You are lying. There is no debate that the counties that support Clinton are the richest, most productive counties in the U.S., and comprise the vast bulk of U.S. output.

Basically the strongest indicators for last Presidential election were education and productivity. The more educated and productive, the higher the support for Clinton. The less educated and poorer, the higher the support for Trump.

The richest and most productive county in the U.S., Manhattan, had the lowest support for Trump. The poorest counties in the U.S., mostly in Appalachia, had the highest support for Trump.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...utput-america/

Old 11-12-2017, 10:42 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
You are lying. There is no debate that the counties that support Clinton are the richest, most productive counties in the U.S., and comprise the vast bulk of U.S. output.

Basically the strongest indicators for last Presidential election were education and productivity. The more educated and productive, the higher the support for Clinton. The less educated and poorer, the higher the support for Trump.

The richest and most productive county in the U.S., Manhattan, had the lowest support for Trump. The poorest counties in the U.S., mostly in Appalachia, had the highest support for Trump.

That means absolutely nothing you don't get to just cherry pick one little stat to try and prove your point.

The poorest people in Philadelphia, Detroit, Baltimore, Miami, Cleveland, etc also voted for the Democrats. The poorest counties in Appalachia only have a population of 3,000 people.

The poorest districts in Philadelphia, Miami and so on have tens of thousands of people.

Old 11-12-2017, 02:00 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
big population doesn't translate to higher per capita. that's why the US is not number 1 despite being the richest country. same thing with CA. that biggest economy/richest state thing wont translate to higher per capita GDP

Old 11-12-2017, 02:08 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
I've lived in a place where I made six figures that all got sucked up by rent. I've also lived in a place where I made 70% of that but only half was sucked up by rent. I definitely felt richer in the latter place.

Anyways, basic accounting says that wealth comes from profit, not revenue alone.
problem is, you don't find a lot of 6-figure income in Kansas or other cheap states otherwise, we would be moving there in droves

Old 11-12-2017, 06:15 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:

Counties don't vote, people vote. The higher income people in the counties across the United States were more likely to vote for Trump than they were Hillary. Lower income and less productive people across the nation voted for Hillary. If you want to use counties as voters, Trump won the majority in over 80% of the counties so I'm fine with changing the Electoral votes by county.

https://talkpoverty.org/2016/11/16/s...rumps-victory/
"This is consistent with analysis of exit polls from the primary, which found that the median household income of Trump voters—about $72,000—was significantly higher than the median household income of the country as a whole—about $56,000. It was also higher than that of the average Clinton and Sanders voters—about $61,000 each."

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 11-12-2017 at 07:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies