Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would it take for Trump's base to abandon him
Shoot someone on 5th avenue 3 2.01%
Impeachment followed by prison sentence 8 5.37%
Repeatedly blame White and Christians for societal problems 20 13.42%
Nothing will make his base abandon him 118 79.19%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 07:28 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,325,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Nope, it's a fact. We're the weakest we've been in at least 100 years. Everyone is working around us on international deals, diplomacy, trade deals, climate change. Our democratic institutions are crumbling, we're displaying el ements of fascism and a dictatorship, we have the most corrupt administration in US history, we have people committing treason running the government.

It's a 100% fact that Trump is destoying the country. Only an absolute idiot would think otherwise. And on that note, time to add you to my endless ignore Trumpers list. So don't bother to tell me more lies.
We're only "weak" in the eyes of power-hungry one-worlders and Europhilic leftists who want to see us reduced to just one more also-ran among the nation-states. You can ship that idea to a place where everybody sits down to piddle.

I'll tell a truth instead; the bigger the "ignore" list -- the more closed the mindset behind it, and the further it sinks into denial.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-11-2017 at 08:16 PM..

Old 11-11-2017, 08:58 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Nope, it's a fact. We're the weakest we've been in at least 100 years. Everyone is working around us on international deals, diplomacy, trade deals, climate change. Our democratic institutions are crumbling, we're displaying elements of fascism and a dictatorship, we have the most corrupt administration in US history, we have people committing treason running the government.

It's a 100% fact that Trump is destroying the country. Only an absolute idiot would think otherwise. And on that note, time to add you to my endless ignore Trumpers list. So don't bother to tell me more lies.
Wrong. Obama tried to destroy the country. He did quite a number, brainwashing millennials and other weak-minded types. Fortunately he ultimately failed because Trump won.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:12 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
If the Democrats want my vote, all they have to do is say five magic words: "It's okay to be white".

Old 11-11-2017, 09:40 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
He could eat babies live on TV and it wouldn't make a difference.

His cultists would respond with "But what about Hillary!" "But Obama is a Muslim commie terrorist!"

Old 11-11-2017, 09:42 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,327,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Wrong. Obama tried to destroy the country.
Obama "tried to destroy the country" by adding 15 million jobs and presiding over the fastest economic growth in 40 years?

I guess he did a pretty bad job at national destruction, huh? He kinda did the exact opposite.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:42 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Come on, some of you REALLY overestimate the power of Trump's "cult of personality".

I think many of you don't fully comprehend that Trump is President today because he was "NOT HILLARY" (and the Globalist, Collectivist philosophy Clinton represented), not because he has some seemingly magical power to entrance people and whip them up into a frenzy like Hitler could (Hitler wasn't magic either, BTW) or was somehow appealing as a person. Bet ya most Trump supporters wouldn't hesitate to call him a showboater and even a bit of an a$$ but there is no denying that he is demolishing the old power structure which has a stranglehold on the country and is (so far) standing up for individual rights, and slashing back government interference in everyday life, something VERY un-Hitlerish and promising for the the future.

Anyway, Trump supporters are still a wary, independent bunch by and large and will only follow Trump as long as he appears trustworthy and sticks to his antiglobalist principles.

I've said it before but we are in the midst of a culture war between two basic philosophies: the individualists and thd collectivists. Trump is clearly a player for the Individualists, but the philosophy is much bigger than the name "Trump" and he will be rejected overnight should he stray too far onto the Collectivist path. I mentioned gun control earlier in the thread... that is one clear "no go" if he wants to remain President in the eyes of the Individualists.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:03 PM

244 posts, read 180,843 times
When the deregulated economy overheats and explodes, Trump will lose his support. The voice of hunger is louder than the voice of fake patriotism of Trump's base.
Then we will have a major swing Left. This stuff isn't new- something somewhat similar already happened in the 1920's. I just really hope that we can do without a World War this time around.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:15 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
If the Democrats want my vote, all they have to do is say five magic words: "It's okay to be white".
You set the bar quite low for them.
9 words I want to hear them say.

AR15s are not assault rifles.
Shall not be infringed.

That won't happen. Hell would freeze over first.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:18 PM

25,552 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nothing. Even Hitler's base supported him to the end.
Except when they tried to assassinate him.

Old 11-11-2017, 10:21 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Except when they tried to assassinate him.
Or when Hitler's opposition was framed, imprisoned or mysteriously just disappeared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies